It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unmarked police cruisers in full force in toronto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
since this morning from my commute to uni downtown and back to the east end of toronto i have seen 100 unmarked police cruisers. ther has been no mention of this in the news as of yet. from facebook statuses my friends too have seen this phenomenon. only big event in toronto is ufc big match, first in toronto. and also aside from the global event of the royal wedding.

anyone from toronto see this? any light to this development?

update: freinds from other townships around the city have also seen this
edit on 29-4-2011 by ZarbeMomin because: update

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

I don't think it is anything to worry about, but keep us updated on the situation.
The royal wedding is over by the way.
edit on 29-4-2011 by ntc0394 because: Just incase people don't know

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it is due to the HUGE UFC event tomorrow night... it is going to be the largest MMA (live gate) event in North American history.

"Activities are highlighted by what will be, in terms of attendance and live gate, by far the biggest event in the mixed martial arts history outside of Japan. Approximately 55,000 fans will be in attendance paying roughly $11 million (U.S.) to see a show headlined by Georges St. Pierre defending his UFC welterweight championship against Jake Shields, the former Elite XC welterweight and Strikeforce middleweight champion, who has won 15 straight fights dating back to 2004. The show sold out almost immediately when tickets were put on sale.

From a ticket-revenue perspective, it will be the largest event in the 22-year history of the Rogers Centre, in a building that has housed the World Series, Buffalo Bills NFL games, the 1991 MLB All-Star game, two WrestleManias, international soccer matches, the Grey Cup, and concerts featuring U2, Madonna and Bruce Springsteen."

to read more on the scale of this event- sports.yahoo.com...
edit on 29-4-2011 by ReadyPower because: added more information

join