It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this rumor true about McDonald's hamburgers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

I hear that, I touch none of the above/

Get this about more fast favorites:

Several salads have either cilantro lime glaze, or orange glaze added. Along with many of McDonald’s sauces, both the cilantro lime glaze and the orange glaze contain propylene glycol alginate. While propylene glycol is considered “GRAS” for human consumption, it is not legal for use in cat food because the safety hasn’t been proven yet [10]. Proplene glycol is also used “As the killing and preserving agent in pitfall traps, usually used to capture ground beetles” [10].

The chicken has sodium phosphates (of an unspecified variety). It could be trisodium phosphate (a cleanser), monosodium phosphate (a laxative), or disodium hydrogen phosphate [11]. Why would McDonald’s add sodium phosphates (a foaming agent), and dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent in their crispy chicken breast filets? It isn’t dishwasher detergent.

According to Wikipedia, dimethylpolysiloxane is optically clear, and is generally considered to be inert, non-toxic, and non-flammable. It is used in silicone caulk, adhesives, and as an anti-foaming agent [6]. Appetizingly enough, it’s also included in Taco Bell’s rice.

Most of the meats at Subway contain MSG and/or sodium nitrite.

Not so with Subway’s wheat bread. While it does have some whole wheat flour, it’s the third ingredient, listed just before high fructose corn syrup [4]. None of Subway’s breads are whole grain. Ammonium sulfate (a fertilizer) is also added. Unfinished sandwiches may be composted. The bread also contains azodicarbonamide. From Wikipedia,

In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive has identified azodicarbonamide as a respiratory sensitiser (a possible cause of asthma) and determined that products should be labeled with May cause sensitisation by inhalation [5].

rinf.com...

The NWO of food!

[edit on 19-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
basically, if you don't grow it.. don't eat it!

as a strict vegetarian (over 200 years) I'm amazed at what people eat and then they wonder why they don't feel well... "hello, McFly"....

and of course it's such a big industry, so governments don't want to lose the tax base from it... and then there's all the money to be made on laxitives... billions! oh then there's the gastroid acid reflux craze... love that one... bad sleep? probably need a pill, nevermind your body is screaming at you for eating all that salt... eat and a steak and feel tired? the body has the answer; "sleep you idiot, i have a lot of work to do".... imagine if you will, what the animal world injests and digests... no other animal on the planet drinks milk after wheening, for example... and a lion? once it has it's fill of meat it sleeps for days... might be a clue in that... and the biggest animals of all, most are strict herbavors... sigh

[edit on 19-11-2007 by never_tell]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think McDonald's actually put soy beans in their patties. Don't think their being entirely honest with the 100% pure beef.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Emile124

...here's reason enough to lay off this and any red meats:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My two bits (cdn) worth in this discussion. I knew somebody who worked at the McD's at the local zoo...no, no armadillo in there...but in the training session she was told that the reason they could crank out the burgers so cheaply was that part of the 100% beef was comprised of organ meats. Heart, kidneys, so forth. Didn't sound like Bravo Sierra at the time, so I had no reason to doubt her.

I'll still confess to an occasional urge for a Big Mac. I'll also allow that after a meal at Micky D's, I don't feel better ~ just different.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you really want to know all the gruesome details, I recommend you go to a factory farm and see for yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.fsis.usda.gov...

I don't eat a McD's but I am a cattleman. So I'll ride to their defense.

I can find out for sure about the organ meat but I'm sure that is not to be used in USDA hamburger or ground beef.

Roper

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
No, this is not true, its a false claim, looking for validation. It has no ground to walk on without legs.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
When eating a McDonalds hamburger I think the last thing you should be concerned about is if there is cow eyeballs in there. Im sure there are much worse things in there that would scare you!

Like penises and testicles. Look it up, people!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chutso_ha
If you really want to know all the gruesome details, I recommend you go to a factory farm and see for yourself.

Thanks for that one, friend. Factory farms are an animals holocaust. I suggest every meateater to go take a look at one, if they let you in, that is. No offence.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
All this time i thought i was being followed and someone was watching me and come to find out it was.....that cheeseburger!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt be surprised!!!
enough said.

I always liked Burger King better and who knows whats in those!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Eyeballs are the least of your worries. You're talking about everything and anything goes into those burgers. If you're thinking you're eating one animal, you're probably eating a variation of animals. If the balances between beef : everything else is proportionally acceptable, you can't guarantee just "what" is in your meat. I also think that even that is of small relevance concerning your health, and actually have more to fear of all the hormonal imbalances these meats will do once in your body.

All around, it's safe just NOT to eat it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Same thing. Tomato/ "tomatoe."

Dig in.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

ok, i get it.

Back to the "greasy spoon" for me and wait....ugh, wonder what they put in their food????

I wish we didnt have to eat. period.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Curry solves all things. Filling, tastes amazing, and if you're using the right stuff, you won't gain a pound. I'm telling you, Dgtempe.. It's a win/win!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I know out here they buy their cows from dairy farms,the buy the dried up milk cows for burgers,as for adding eyes,just think what they say bologna is made out of

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well i use to like mcdonalds alot before i worked there.... but i will never eat there again.. not cause or the worms/eye rumours i really dont know about any of those.. But Everyone touches Everything with there hands... yep the meat..onions... you name it they touch it. And yea a timer does go off every so often to remind everone to wash there hands.. no one ever does anyways.. no ofcourse this was the one i worked at.. but i know for sure None of them wears gloves. But i work at subway now so i happy there

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Strangely enough, after reading this whole thread, I am craving a couple of those .99 cheeseburgers and a bag of fries like crazy. It's been quite awhile since I've eaten there but that's going to change within the hour...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThunderCloud

Let's cut up a cow! What do we have? Lots of steaks, some meat for grinding, but that isn't all. We also have "extras", these are the pieces that are not really sellable. So then we grind it all up, all those nasty bits you'd not want to think about, and we call that a meat meal. It's going to be sold cheaply.

Sure! Those too patties are "All Beef", but what parts of the cow are they really? You don't want to know.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

The most important aspect of "Mystery Meat", is that it should remain a mystery if you are consuming the aforementioned enigma.

The correct response and a profound one

OP- I have maybe one meal at McDonald's a year, please don't spoil my little Big Mac and fries tryst

There used to be another story about someone finding a rat in their Kentucky Fried Chicken and what about the fingers they find in food? Just trying to return the favor.

Mirthful Me,
What the heck is that Monkey doing to that Bunny? Hmmmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join