It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Truths About The Paranormal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Want to laugh? Well then check out this website...

They guy is funny although not entirely accurate...

www.watchingyou.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Haha, good find there Bandit

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ch ch ch he doesnt seem to think outside the box or bun or cubicle or parents house......skeptic to the extreme!

Nice finding

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
oh man.....mentally ill and gullible, how worse off can I be??

interesting find there bandit

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im probably mentally ill, but I dont think im gullible.
And my life has been better since I got "into the paranormal".

Me thinks he wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
2 and 3 are facts.
1, 4, and 5 are a load of crap.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
" I feel more stupid for reading that"

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting. By the way, did anyone catch his email address???

[email protected]

LOL

Least the dude has a sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is in regards to his list after the big 5... where he mentions dressing the part...

I've always gone by the belief that if someone looks or dresses the part, then chances are, they are not. It seems the people who are truly involved within their particular paths do not draw attention to themselves in fear of ridicule.

As a side note, I recently joined a Yahoo group called Pagans Across America, and checked out the member's photo's... alot of pretenders.

Overall, though, I must admit that reading his page left me... bitter.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i reckon that everything that asshat says is bs. he just jealous cuz sum people do have those talents. wat a loser

pfft

[edit on 30/7/04 by beebo]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Got to agree with you soothsayer. I am pagan and have many friends in the pagan religions. I know not even one of them that is a real pagan (wiccan, witch, druid, shaman or otherwise) that dresses like this. The people that dress like this are generally GOTHS, which are one of two things,
1: Vampire wannabees
2: Gothic Metal groupies

You are definitely right about pagans not wanting to draw attention to ourselves unless otherwise needed. Generally, people only give us crap when we tell them our beliefs, because afterall, it makes us heathens.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
lol what a joker....makes for an intrestng read, though slightly narrow minded...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
2 is wrong too IMO... There just might be scientific evidence for things such as prayer and ESP.

www.mercola.com...
www.mercola.com...
cmp.felk.cvut.cz...

www.victorzammit.com...
psychicinvestigator.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"Ear candling is big business in paranormal circles. New agers value hydrocolonic therapy. Be the first to combine the two and you could get rich!"

It looks like someone took his advice to heart: buttcandle.com...

PS- Yes, I know that the "butt candle" site is a joke.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It was kinda funny..... closed-minded yes...

Has anybody emailed the creator of this site?

If so what did you say??

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that if you believe in God, angels, Satan and demons, it is not considered paranormal.

Also the very idea of quantum mechanics says that to look at reality changes reality, implies that a more subtle logic may be necessary.

I don't know about most paranormal phenomenon, but Aliens are very likely a matter statistical probablity, they almost have to exist.

Lastly if people enjoy believing in God, Satan, paranormal or want to imbibe with alcohol or other drugs and they are not hurting others, it is their own choice. Being paranoid just makes the world a more interesting place. Life is short, it dang well should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
" I feel more stupid for reading that"

hmm, could that be because you figured out he was right, and felt stupid for believing in the paranormal?

I'm only kidding of course.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Refutal of 'The Fives Truths of the Paranormal'

1.)Try some other message boards. You might surprised that the mentally ill are there too. Additionally, it only shows how disturbed one person to talk about the mentally ill, as if a.)there was a correlation according to belief b.)to condescend those who are, by telling everything they know and love are wrong. c.)telling perfectly healthy individuals with little to no deviance in mundane behavior that something is wrong. By achieving these 3 things, he/she has done no different, than those he/she has judged.

2.)There is no scientific evidence proving the non-existance of paranormal activity. Additionally, the moment a paranormal event is indeed proven by science whether direct or indirect, subject ceases to be paranormal.

3.)Of course. Cannot argue there, any Pagan, or even a seasoned New Ager, will know that the best bargains for holistic needs can be found at the nearest supermarket.

4.) It has never destroyed one's lot in life. This is subjective, entirely dependant on one's perception. I would have to agree to the listed exception though.

5.)One can also refute, by understanding that those who don't believe in the paranormal and continue to stay convinced that the mundane affairs that exist in their drab environment can only serve as a mental prison for themselves, by eliminating imagination also starves reason by removing purpose. Additionally those who choose this drab and dull direction are equally gullible enough to believe that there is nothing special or unique in the entirety of the universe.

Wow. That top 5 list was largest bowl of malarchy that I have ever seen.
May this individual that came up with that list, live a very closeted and naive life. Perhaps seeing grey for so long will bring longing in his/her heart for color once again. In perfect love and perfect trust. So Mote It Be.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
"Ear candling is big business in paranormal circles

Yes, this caught my attention. What is 'ear candling'?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thank you for that- it was a laugh!! great find- i cant believe the bs that was written there- that means i have a mental illness and im gulliable!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join