It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programming you via the airwaves and TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok, so I dont actually watch television, but I do watch a few entertainment shows online on various sites. Hey, we all like to be entertained and I do so at my own leisure.

But, I pay attention to some of the weirdest things and wonder what the underlying message is that is being sent. We all know that hollyweird is a useful tool for programming people to think, be and act a certain way. Advertisers are no better. So, here are a couple of recent things that just really get under my skin.

Chase commercial
there is a cash back rewards commercial for Chase Bank. Everytime the black male swipes his card, a white male or female comes up and gives him money saying "This is yours". He smiles and takes it and doesnt think twice about it. Notice the dog that does it last. (stereo)Typically, that particular breed is more likely to be found in a white home versus a black home.
So, what is this saying? I see this as a continuation of the racial divide, promoting what is termed as "White Guilt". The implication is that white America still owes something to black America.

The Event - recent episode
In the most recent episode (I think) the Vice Prez is talking about his love of the US and about doing anything to preserve "our Democracy".
Can the writers of this show be so absolutely stupid as to put the second highest elected politician of our nation in a position of calling our form of government a Democracy? I am not sure how much history they read coming up, but I was always taught that we have a Democratic Republic. Trust me, the two are absolutely nothing alike.
I also wonder how many viewers completely overlooked the statement or flat out didnt know that what he said was wrong?

So, how about you? Besides the mainstream news outlets, what shows do you find suggestible at best based on the untones and subtle hints they drop? I know I have more, but these two just really got me going.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The Event - recent episode In the most recent episode (I think) the Vice Prez is talking about his love of the US and about doing anything to preserve "our Democracy". Can the writers of this show be so absolutely stupid as to put the second highest elected politician of our nation in a position of calling our form of government a Democracy? I am not sure how much history they read coming up, but I was always taught that we have a Democratic Republic. Trust me, the two are absolutely nothing alike. I also wonder how many viewers completely overlooked the statement or flat out didnt know that what he said was wrong?

The problem, is that most Americans actually think we live in a democracy because of that same programming you're talking about. If he would have said democratic republic, you'd be hearing about it on the 6 o clock news unfortunately.

I don't watch TV anymore. Because what show isn't it in? They don't call it programming for nothing.

ETA: S&F for having your critical faculties engaged.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Klassified because: correction

edit on 29-4-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I did notice the vice's statement in the Event .. .. Several things in that show seem to ring funny.

tvprogramming

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
its in the hum of computers too

and also when they crank the volume up and down
theyy also flash subliminal things when you access certain sites or leave pages etc etc
goes so quick you cant stop see it .

ive seen them tho, im fast

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
its also in songs, and sports
in songs there are messages everywhere prime example "ET" i cant think of other off the top of my head

watch the show "V" it has a lot of subliminal messages

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You are partially right. However, I recommend you look into MK ULTRA and consider its possible modern day applications.

Thank you.

top topics

join