It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Florida posing as lightning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't know if I worded the title correctly, and I am positive this will be moved to the Gray Area. This happened yesterday, at about 10:40 - 11:10 Without further ado, here is what I encountered:

So I was on the phone with a friend and decided to take a walk as I always do at night when I get a call (no point for me staying in a dark room talking on the phone). So I walk around my apartment complex for a while. Now, I started to hear the rumbling noise everyone had been talking about and it sounded like a plane that had been far away but it lasted around 10 minutes. So by time I am 3/4 around the complex, the sky starts to flash as if there was lightning. Just one problem:

1. There was NEVER any thunder sound after ANY of the flashes.
2. Oddly, the lighting was periodic, happening about every 2 minutes.
3. The strangest thing in the whole scenario: The source was a small cloud (by itself) not like normal "storm clouds" that we know.

Now, this small cloud was over the woods, and I'll be damned if I am going to go over there 11;00 PM alone. The second strange occurence that made me really wish I was a braver man, was a source of flashing light coming from the woods. I could tell it wasn't an Ambulance (it was a single bright white slow flashing light, and there is no street because it is a deep forest). So after I stood there trying to capture video (which I couldn't my phone goes about 2 fps? Sucks at taking night video) for about 15 minutes, the lightning stopped flashing, and soon, the light in the woods stopped. I walked straight home because the sky looked wierd, as if there was a hole in it, and I could see the Orion Belt, and I was a little paranoid at the time.

Another wierd thing that happened was that the dream that I had was about me walking home, and my home being destroyed by UFOs and becoming replaced by London Big Ben's. I don't know if this is a dream that has to do with the wedding or what. All in all, it was a very strange event.

By the way, it happened in Coral Springs, so if anyone is near there...
edit on 29-4-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well the rumbling could have very well been the thunder you would expect after seeing lightning, I have to tell you that you are going to be ripped apart here just because of that, but I can also tell you that you have to go with your instincts on this one. If you know in your heart that what you saw was not normal, then well, it probably wasn't. The dream is weird, but the flashing lights in the woods is even weirder. That is what sold me, the dream and the lights in the woods. Take care, and don't fear it, just take it as an eye opening experience.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I wonder how close you are to where the shuttle launch was supposed to have taken place. This morning, on the news, they showed awesome pictures of lightening at the shuttle launch pad. They said that wasn't the reason the launch was "scrubbed," but I wondered about it anyway. A UFO posing as lightening causes the shuttle launch to be scrubbed!?

Maybe your experience and the shuttle launch scrub are related. I tried to put the picture in my post but can't so if you search;
"Space Shuttle Endeavour on launchpad, illuminated by lightning storm"
You'll see what I mean. It looks BAD #SS!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

No, because I said the rumbling lasted 10 minutes, ended, then I went around the front and encountered the "UFO"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Cool, except I am not anywhere near Cape Canveral

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

my parents live in Lakeland Fl and they said they saw something on Saturday night. They could not explain it but they did mention it

new topics

top topics

join