It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Level at 6KP! Will an Earthquake Happen Tonight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
December 16th 1811 the great New Madras quake happened but according to reports from ferrymen that made reports of the Mississippi river moving backwards, it was "before" the actual quake happened.

I am not claiming to know as many of the reports were either contaminated years later or were inaccurate in the dates themselves, but take a look at this report made in November just before the 1811 quake:

"It was the current going backward. Then this wave stopped, and slowly the river went right again.

"Everywhere there was noise like thunder. The ground was shaking the trees down. The air was thick with something like smoke. There was much lightning.

Now think about all of the horrible and deadly weather we have had just prior to and leading to the Mississippi again running backwards!

Check out this link to read more about why I think it is possibly something worth considering.

www.showme.net...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ok dont mean to scare anyone but from the above post :

"Everywhere there was noise like thunder.

Do you suppose that all of these strange reports we have been taking note of recently could be the same sound as reported by the pre-new madras quake reports?

The weird sounds that are 'like' thunder but not?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Untimely post.

I don't know, it just all seems so possible in this moment, but from the witness report it was weeks later after the Mississippi flowed backwards and the strange sounds similar to thunder happened, so do we still have time?

Also if you read the link provided above another thing struck me as very very interesting and that is that the water rose to 33 feet at its maximum during that event but we are expected to see the Mississippi river rise to over 45 by mid may when it is at its peak from this flooding.
edit on 30-4-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Incognito Ghostman, thanks for those links. There is indeed an awful lot going on astronomically today. That EVP gadget is intriguing :- I take it your message was warning of an earthquake either today or very soon?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

The EVP didn't have an exact date, it just said Holiday and with all the activity from the sun and alignments as well. It also said things like 15, south, human, suffer, brown, drown, dog pound, recourse.
Tomorrow is Mayday, hmmm could just be a coincidence anyway.

There is talk and some say knowledge that chinese have weather control technology, it has been raining almost non-stop for the last month here and ground is over saturated. Not good when a 10 hits even at a distance from you.

I have been trying to get my girlfriend to just up and leave as I don't believe we are safe in NY either this time around. Needless to say she doesn't want to leave the creature comforts behind and if it wasn't for the kids I would not be here.
edit on 30-4-2011 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Also to note as far as the Mississippi is that unbeknownst to most Missourians who have been in serious flooding conditions in the past week, there is now another controlled flooding being prepared...

Midwest flooding: What's at stake in plan to blast open Missouri levee

A judge on Friday gave the go-ahead to the US Army Corps of Engineers to blow an opening into a Missouri levee. Advocates say it's the best way to prevent worse flooding downriver, but residents could be affected.
Workers prepare holes that have been drilled the Birds Point levee in Missouri Wednesday. The Army Corps of Engineers is considering a plan to use explosives in a series of holes in the levee to relieve pressure from the rising Mississippi River.
As several rivers across Midwest and Great Plains are set to crest, a federal judge in Cape Girardeau, Mo., has given the US Army Corps of Engineers the green light to blast openings in a levee along the Mississippi River to ease the flood risk to cities and towns downstream.
Skip to next paragraph
Related Stories

* Missouri's Black River levee fails. Where floodwaters could hit next.
* Would New Orleans levees hold for a second Katrina?

The approach highlights a tool that hydrologists and environmental groups have advocated for years to reduce long-term flood risks: removing levees at strategic locations to allow floodwaters to spread into a river's flood plain.

It's a strategy being adopted elsewhere, notably in the Netherlands. Its advocates say it not only relieves stress on the remaining levees by lowering flood heights upstream and downstream, but it could also reduce the amount of soil and nutrients spring floods flush into the Gulf of Mexico. Researchers point to the nutrient runoff as the culprit behind a dead zone that builds each year off the Louisiana coast.

David Carson/St. Louis Post-Dispatch/AP

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ah "it's tributaries are starting to flow backwards" I searched and found nothing about the mississippi flowing backwards in our day. Thanks for the link

"Local uplifts of the ground and water waves moving upstream gave the illusion that the river was flowing" upstream.[10]
en.wikipedia.org...
Guess we may know the truth of things soon with a lot of cameras recording what happens this time!
edit on 30-4-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Before the Chile Earthquake there was a very large magnetic filament on the Sun, and it collapsed right on time for the Chile earthquake to occur.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember, it is not just one particular solar activity which does affect earthquake activity on Earth.
edit on 30-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you.Wow,I did not know that.
Is there any indication of that now?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Incognito Ghostman, New York could be one of the safer places to be in terms of quake risk. It's 4.50 a.m. here in UK, and there was a 4.7 in Romania, a 5.4 in Kazakhstan and a 4.9 off Japan within the last hour. All at pretty well the same latitude, Romania first then Kazakhstan then Japan and the intervals between them seem to me to correlate closely with the geographic distances between them. Not precise but it seems to be there, as if the focal point of some conjunction-induced gravity field passed over these areas at a constant speed.
Readers might like to check that out themselves, maybe that isn't how it works, but is that not possible?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

"expected"... The Sun doesn't follow NASA's schedule last time I checked.

The Sun has shown hundreds of times that it can do what is not "expected" of it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thank you.Wow,I did not know that.
Is there any indication of that now?

YW, btw the effects of that large magnetic filament were to be felt on Earth on the 27th, or the 28th

I don't see any magnetic filaments at the Sun right now.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well, there was an earthquake directly below Hanford Nuclear site in Washington.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
I get geomagnetic levels sent to my phone every time it reaches a high enough level to show the northern lights. Anything over 4kp is usually enough to see a faint green in the northern sky in northern Wisconsin. Anything around 6kp only happens every 4-6 months and you may be able to see them as far south as Chicago. At any given time, the KP number is around 1-3.
www.spaceweather.com

I just got an alert on my phone for a 6kp storm occurring now. The last time I had a 6kp alert on my phone, the Japan earthquake struck.

Now there is a lot of people out there who believe a high KP occurrence is directly related to many of the major earthquakes we have in the world. This will be very interesting to see if we have a major earthquake occurring sometime in the next 24 hours!

was there a quake every time u got a 6kp

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
An earthquake tonight?

Name a night in history when there hasn't been one.

Where were you pointing to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join