It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interruptions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey, I'm bored so I thought I'd do an improvised stream of consciousness poem. Hope you like it, let me know if you'd like to read some of my actual written work:

I went outside for some fresh air,
for it had been a very long time since I was me.
However, the air smelt stale and unashamedly useless.
Sounds, sights, feelings often pollute.

Inter
rup
tion

Excuuuuse me but..
Isn't it lonely? Asked the uncomfortable model.
Isn't it bizarre? Inquired the mad professor.
Is it all in vain? Questioned the bluesman.
Must you bother me? Retorted the botherer.

It's clearly a farce, but it still annoys and one cannot help but sometimes succumb to the choir.
'You're doing it all wrong!' yells the advertisement
'Buy me!'

Where is it all going?
It truly is tragic,
the unrealised potential of potential genius.
Perhaps I will take a stroll and ponder the infinite nature of all.

Int
errupti
on.

"Hey I saw you looking over across the bar. Can't say I blame you, I'm all that!
Have you seen the time? I think it's trying to escape. Sorry I've a pointless meeting to attend.
You're in love? Where's your documentation to prove it?
Oh did you hear about that famous person, what they wore to the supermarket last week?
How about that weather?
k gtg bai lolz will speak to u on fb chat - Speaking of which, I have 150000000 friends, how about you?"

No time to think these days and if you make the time, you're branded a freak.
Defy convention and be yourself, for normal is usually delusional.
And I'd rather be a crazy me than a crazy someone else.

Buy me.
Buy me.
Buy me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great stuff , thanks some killer lines in there.
Like your signature but Robert Johnson was closer to God while he played and sang?.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
here www.youtube.com...

here ifrom the inet and..hi
www.youtube.com...
to those below - give praise to jingo

edit on 29-4-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

with this as an answer to you - www.youtube.com...
:Something you should know about The Power Of The Dream :

edit on 29-4-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Thanks, in what sense do you mean closer to God? I think he played up to the myth and it wasn't strictly true.. a year of playing guitar intensely and doing little else could make anyone incredible. As has been mentioned, the blues was associated with the devil and he was accused of being evil by his wife's family after she died. But in any case; he truly was a genius, combined great talent with hard work.

To the other guy.. that's a nice song but I fail to see the relevance? 62 posts and one star, trolling perhaps?
edit on 29-4-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Closer to God?

A creator deity and the creative talent in mankind is a marvellous, but telling thing

It's not cleanliness which is next to Godliness... it's creativity. Robert Johnston was a creative giant and, when I read your stream of consciousness OP, I read creativity within it.

Letting go of the desire to control, or getting out of your comfort zone, is the mother of inspiration.

Nice S&F for you

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you, you're feedback is extremely encouraging
! Plus, you've worded that really well actually and it means a lot that you see creativity in the piece, a great compliment.

I agree with your point about getting outside one's comfort zone and disregarding desire to control; most of my writing is in the form lyrics and I constrain myself a lot more in that context (lyrics have to match melodies, time signature etc.). Writing poetry is a lot more fun, you can really let the piece form itself. Have recently been getting into Ginsberg, and some of his stuff is brilliantly uninhibited. I can't get enough of 'The Lion For Real'!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

top topics

join