It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook accused of removing activists' pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Facebook accused of removing activists' pages

www.guardian.co.uk

Facebook has removed dozens of profiles from its site, causing an outcry from campaigners trying to organise anti-austerity protests this weekend.

The deactivated pages include UK Uncut, and pages created by students during last December's university occupations.

A list posted on the Stop Facebook Purge group says Chesterfield Stop the Cuts, Tower Hamlet Greens, London Student Assembly, Southwark SoS and Bristol Uncut sites are no longer functioning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dear British Government,

This is an open letter to you, from me and others.

Persist in your war upon our freedoms and we will fight back using all of the tools in our arsenal. We are meek and mild, and vociferous in our adherence to law and order. We believe in a society that functions within reason, logic and human rights.

Your recent actions to curb citizens capacity for protest - by disrupting the people, infrastructures and motivations of said protesting fraternities you have displayed your complete disregard for the freedoms won by our ancestors, the few freedoms that they were.

By openly employing your influence in the social media cloud, you have exposed your game plan early on. We will not surrender, we will not go down without a fight. The clarion call has sounded - prepare to take losses. Your assault on our information and communication networks is clear for all to see. Our NEW MODEL ARMY will strike back, and strike back hard.

ATS UK members - are you with me? Put out the call to the key players, the pHrEaKz, the lulzers and the Black Bloc. This is our time.

The Revenant.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
People shouldnt be banned or deleted for trying to do the right thing but people also need to stop using facebook.

It was only a matter of time before they started censoring too, we all know about facecrook...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lmao, why is anyone surprised? facebook has done this before and will do it again. we all know who they answer to.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not being surprised about anything going on is one thing, but accepting it without making a huge stink and cutting into any profits they have is another.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I dont accept it.. I dont use facebook, so I do not add to their profits. I cant force the mindless idiots to stop using it either.. so, whatcha gonna do?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
No disrespect but you have no guns. Stop acting like there is anything that you can do. You will take whatever they do to you and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it. No matter how much you disagree with any law they pass without firearms you will do whatever they tell you when they tell you. Enjoy being a subject in a police state. -America

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Lmfao... Amazing people still foolish enough to think they actually have freedom on farcebook.. The only activist groups they allow are those who support the state - especially since theyre funded with bloodmoney from C(aught) I(n the) A(ct).. Be good little subjects of the state and update your farcebook pages..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I can't wait till Facebook gets canned and another better alternative gains momentum. The things Facebook did to peoples privacy is really bad. Like when they track people with locations and all the data they reveal that should be private.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Last time I checked Facebook owns Facebook.
What makes you people think that you have any rights other than the ones that Facebook allows you to have?
It is the same with ATS. When you start paying to be on Facebook or ATS, then you have rights.

new topics

top topics

join