It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another lurker comes out of the shadows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello from Tennessee. I have popped in and out for several years, and became a daily visitor to the board ever since the BP disaster, the main reason being that I have seen for years how the mainstream media covers major stories - or not. For many years I have slowly come around to looking at things such as history, corporate politics, world events, religion (to list a few) differently than what I have learned in my past. Sure, there is a lot of 'information' in this forum that (to me) leans out there....but it is funny at one time I thought all of it was overboard. But that was years ago as a loyal sheeple.

I think I totally gave up on MSM during the swine flu breakout, as I was one of the carriers of it back from Mexico three weeks before any 'normal' people heard about it, and so started to dig into it before it became a news item, and saw for myself how stories are twisted by the time they are presented to the MSM (sometimes the story twisting is simply too many facts requiring understanding being passed thru journalists without the knowledge).

I also found alternate sources that (had I used them) would have told me it was already present where I was travelling, where it had originated, and how much time there was to stop it from spreading that was wasted. TPTB responses during that time were unexplainable unless profit was considered, then it was TOTALLY explainable...and most poingant to the current disaster at hand, I saw TPTB allow a flu to spread worldwide when the knowledge was present to stop it way early in the game. Admittably, a flu is hard to control by nature, and the resulting 'epidemic' made all the warnings seem silly. But it did kill people, and it is definitely much meaner than our old seasonal flu, and now it IS the seasonal flu. Not a world disaster, but still a very bad trade for profit.

Now we see it, the same game, played on such a larger and disastrous scale with the ongoing events at Fukishima. And it seems the major nuclear disaster would have been preventable with foresight, and may have been averted with proper response, but TPTB have once again deferred to profit at the expense of the world health - only this time on a grand scale never seen before. I'll save my other observations for the Japan forum as my first post. I will only say, I always thought I would return to Toyko, if not for just one more night in the Ginza District, at the bar "Nashville", drinking Jack and Coke with my Japanese friends and teaching them how to yell "Yee-Haw!"

I truly fear I will never return there.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Greetings and welcome to the site, im really rubbish at posting good threads, so all i do is greet people

Well its a job!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. I look forward to seeing your posts.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
former lurker!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You may not be a lurker any more, but you are still of the shadows in whence you came... Welcome to ATS. Enjoy your stay, and the pool closes at 10 PM.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

drinking Jack and Coke...

You had me at drinking...

Well done intro...keep an open mind and you should do fine.

Holy rap skillz..!

Cya on the boards...

top topics

join