It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre in Syria: Dozens killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thousands of Syrians called on Friday for the toppling of President Bashar Assad and pledged support for the city of Deraa where tanks and troops have tried to crush resistance to his authoritarian rule, activists said.

A human rights group said at least 62 people were killed across the country in Friday's violence.

www.ynetnews.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

MINIMAL THREAD
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware
of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as
a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 29-4-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Looks like the American military are getting one step closer to Iran as they and the coalition will no doubt get involved eventually. I personally think they are already involved in these protests that we have been seeing over the last year starting with Iran but it didn't work out so we are seeing phase two so to speak.
edit on 29-4-2011 by saphic because: for spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think both Russia and China have vetoed any UN action involving invading Iran, so its unlikely to happen.

Do you want to see another blood bath like Iraq, I thought a lesson had been learned, if not, thank heaven for the Russian and Chinese vetoes.

It really is time we all turned around to these greedy bankers and said to them, 'You want Iran to stop selling its oil in euros and start to sell it only in US $s' You go, yourselves and deal with it, stop wasting other peoples lives for your greed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
And of course nothing happens anywhere in the world without one particular country sticking its nose in and getting involved...

US Imposes Sanctions On Syria
“I have determined that the Government of Syria’s human rights abuses…
constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security,
foreign policy, and economy of the United States, and warrant the imposition
of additional sanctions,” wrote President Barack Obama

WSJ

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saphic

This is an analysis, not fact. I feel that Syria will be Obama's "Bay of Pigs". We may be backing the protesters to some extent, but no help is on the way. It is hard to see Putin rubber stamping a no fly zone against Syria. He has to draw a line somewhere.

As far as Iran is concerned much the same is true. If there is a military attack on Iran I feel that Russia will resupply. The is no way the Russians can afford to lose control of the Caspian Sea area. The use of depleted uranium will not be permitted because of possible contamination of that large water area.

If Iran is seriously threatened, expect for Putin to extend and expand flight area of the "White Swans". (tu-160)

For the sake of the Syrian people they should either back down or leave. Absolutely convinced no help is on the way.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So the fact that Syria is killing hundreds of its own civilians now doesn't matter?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saphic
Looks like the American military are getting one step closer to Iran as they and the coalition will no doubt get involved eventually. I personally think they are already involved in these protests that we have been seeing over the last year starting with Iran but it didn't work out so we are seeing phase two so to speak.
edit on 29-4-2011 by saphic because: for spelling

The spooky but true thing that for some reason no one is talking about is that Old teastament prophesy demands that before the Judaen Messiah will come to Earth , the lands of Israel must strech as far as Iran (paraphrasing),the worlds tribes must be intermingled (multiculturism) ect.
Ther are Zionists (both Jewish and Christian sic) who actively lobby and plot for self fulfillment of Prophecy.
Its not about oil for these people its about the Messiah.
And people who scoff at this I say open your eyes and read the prophecys that spell out what must occur befor the Jewish Messiah will be born.
Iam not saying this will be a bad thing, just that it should be acknowleged for us all to judge .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Aw damn sorry Syrian people, but you have no oil
looks like your on your own.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Lets do a simple Q and A. To prove a point. Don't be scared.

Why is Hillary the only one to visit Tokyo? ( she is already very sick)

Why is Donald Trump going nuts? (he has already felt the effects of the radiation)

There you go boys and girls.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
People die for what they believe in and sometimes they die for what others tell them to believe in. I suppose they die because they get paid to as well although, again that comes back to what they believe in...money and food and "stuff".

I suppose what I am saying is foreign interests like to stir the pot and that even the preachers don't know who's message they are preaching anymore. I just wish that sovereign nations could resolve their own problems without the interventionists.

I am really surprised that we haven't made use of vacuum bombs and just taken the crusades to the next level and committed genocide. It really seems that's the way this is all headed by way of the "tippy toe".

-Regards

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
So the fact that Syria is killing hundreds of its own civilians now doesn't matter?

Sad but true.

If the US gets involved its sticking it's nose in other countries business or beucase it wants Iran

If the US doesn't it's because they have no oil

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't

Just roll with all the Rhetoric being regurgitated and spewed.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Actually Syria exports crude oil. However its main exporters are Iraq, Germany and Lebanon so you probably wouldn't have heard of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So true... I hope we do not get involved. I know first hand from Iraq you can't win a war that the govt doesn't want to win. Our guys were stretched so thin we could hardly hold down any position longer than 72 hours. Unfortunately I do think its another step toward Iran. I think I told you before but we were briefed twice to go into Iran. Each time they pulled back. It'll come sooner or later though. We will never win a political war though, not after this.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Aw damn sorry Syrian people, but you have no oil
looks like your on your own.

Syria is an enemy of Israel, so the USA _will_ get involved.

top topics

join