It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hi there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I joined ATS because it seemed that at least half the times I went searching for "non-mainstream" news or discussion, the top links led here. I lurked for a while but decided to try and ease into the discussions, hoping that per the site intro material there is a better chance here than elsewhere of actually discussing topics instead of the people and their motives. You might be able to deduce from that that I've been in other boards. :-)

Let me give some general info and thus some idea of my perspectives: Christian and generally "conservative" but not easily labeled, willing to explore a wide range of ideas without feeling threatened in my own convictions, interested in conspiracies/mysteries if there is a reasonable amount of evidence to warrant spending time on them, and enjoy learning just for learning's sake. I'll try my best to keep my compulsive grammar and spelling correction in check, and though I tend to come across in writing as stuffy and formal I'm really not. I hate injustice but realize the world I live in and believe that what matters most in life is not what you accomplish but what kind of person you are.

Howzzat?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Howzatt?? and you like cricket!! Greetings and welcome to the site, seeing a giant fireball in the sky brought me to this site and i definitly dont regret it!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

Good introduction.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! :-D

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

Welcome, I think you'll find more of what you are looking for here. I recently went on a rampage reporting posts using the alert button containing personal attacks and over half of them the complains were addressed the way I wanted them to be addressed.

Although moderators can be overbearing at times, its well worth it to see the junk posts deleted so much of the time... so I thank them for their efforts!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Yes, I've seen those "post removed for being off topic" notices, and I'm glad they do that.

BTW, when I'm allowed to put links in my comments, I'll link to my Youtube etc. where I have videos I shot in my back yard of orbs, chemtrails and chembows, and some odd-looking aircraft. And as a lifelong student of Bible prophecy I take great interest in all the weirdness going on right now, such as earthquakes, political upheaval, and how the non-Christian world sees all this.

join