It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Who Still Runs The World?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Still think the British Royal Family has no power and fulfils merely a ceremonial purpose? Think again. In order to prevent an Australian comedy show from making jokes about Prince Philip being a Nazi during the Royal Wedding, the Royals ordered broadcasters in Britain to enforce a media embargo that would have completely severed live coverage to Australia’s biggest broadcaster if they refused to cancel the satirical show.

After Prince Charles’ Clarence House found out that Australian broadcaster ABC planned to run a satirical commentary of the Royal Wedding alongside the regular feed, Charles demanded ABC cancel the show, and then ordered broadcast suppliers BBC, Associated Press, Sky and ITN to cut off the feed to Australia, a command which they instantly obeyed.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I guess they still have the power after all. It makes me SICK how certain people feel that they have such unchallenged power over the people just b/c they were born into it. UGH!!
edit on 29-4-2011 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Seeing how it was their own wedding, I would expect them to be able to control where their own cameras are broadcasting to. So, it seems like they were within their rights in that case.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This is the first thread that involves the "Royals'" (We are ALL Royalty...) wedding that I deem not only worth the time to read, but should be understood by everyone. I'd give you many flags if I could.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Seeing how it was their own wedding, I would expect them to be able to control where their own cameras are broadcasting to. So, it seems like they were within their rights in that case.

You're missing the point. It's not the wedding, but a satire that is the target of control. They should not have say on a satire, unless... They really control things. Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Im not quite sure if that was a response that was supposed to be ironic... Yes, I guess it is "their" cameras. LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

This is the first thread that involves the "Royals'" (We are ALL Royalty...) wedding that I deem not only worth the time to read, but should be understood by everyone. I'd give you many flags if I could.

yep royal bloodsucking elite leaches i rank em the smae as the satanic fake jews running America and most of the 'free' world.

here's a great vid also from alex about them

edit on 29-4-2011 by UcDat because: added vid

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You really have no idea of the power royalty exert. This is their PR day, trying to undo the damage to their reputation the death of Princess Diana caused. So no, there will be no goose stepping down the aisle even if we would all have roared.

This wedding has just cost the UK economy 6 billion at a time of drastic cuts. You have a ruling Monarch who appears to have no sensitivity towards the people she rules over but then they don't live in the ordinary world

The Queen still holds a power of veto and holds control over the parliament. I am surprised Sky cooperated with them and I wonder why. When you look around and realize that ex President Bush is a cousin of the Queen, the UK Prime Minister David Cameron is a Cousin of the Queen, even William has married a cousin you get a slight insight into the extent of 'Royal' influence and practice throughout the world.

Most will comply and do their bidding because the Honour's list grants snobbish titles that mean little today but look frightfully good.

At least you will get a chance to decide if you want a monarch, one will need an atomic bomb to blast them free of their easy living here. and certainly we won't get a referendum all the time her cousin can protect her.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

6 BILLION?! I thought it was around 40 million.. Wow, thats crazy! I cant believe people in the UK are still putting up with this rediculous royal imbred family!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hundreds of millions of people sat glued to their tv for this nonsense.

we still recognize royalty in 2011? really? man, evolution is slow.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The "feed" to Australia wouldn't have been cut-off. It's ABC ( Government media ) which would have been "cut-off" only... as ABC is the government network "The Chasers War On Everything" ( the show in question ) is on.

The "rights" to the "feeds" as you call them are given by the ones holding the wedding. It's just a matter of not contracting the ABC to use them which would have "cut-off" the use.

The other networks in Australia would not have been affected. The ABC is Australian Government... The Head of State of the Australian Government is?.... Yes... the Queen.

The Chaser's Chas Licciardello was claiming "What we were doing was we were making fun of the media circus, the whole system - it's a ridiculous system the regal system." He mentioned this on quite a few Australian TV Shows that were interviewing Chasers regarding this issue.

The "ridiculous regal system" number was repeated consistently. Any wonder the Chaser boys were denied? lol After all they have quite the rep in Australia. It's not much of an issue. But for the Chaser boys it was cheap and free "media time"... of that there is no doubt... lol

Fortunately it wasn't a Chaser's members WEDDING and they had no say in the broadcast rights of the wedding. The Chasers could make ANY wedding ridiculous.. That's their job. It's what they do. Basically the Wedding Planners did to the Chasers what the Chaser love doing to others.... Royals 1... Chasers Zip........

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Have you ever watched The Chaser?

They epitomise "too soon" or "a little tasteless".

Most comedians have some vague moral compass defining when jokes are within boundaries or "a little cheeky".

They don't. I don't blame the Royal family for doing everything they could to stop the show going ahead. The Chaser's War On Everything doesn't just push boundaries, it is downright offensive at times.

That said, I might have watched the show had it aired.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

new topics

top topics

join