It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Not Electable.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Dr. Paul will Never get the Republican Nomination for numerous reasons , but if he Ran as an Independent, there is the Possiblly of Ron becoming the First to Win a Presidential Election with the Support of the Populist Vote . Most Americans are cringing right now at the prospect of either 4 more Years of Obamanation , or one of the Republican Three Stooges ( Romney, Huckabee, and Curly Palin ) . Personally , I Hope he Wins , he'd get my Vote !

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

I am so freaking sick and tired of this crap that I don't care about entitlement programs anymore.

I used gov't money for school, and it is awesome. But for real life I would rather opt out and start over.

And besides, like other people have said, if we quit spending billions per day on war and shift that wealth into other sectors (no matter through big gov't or through libertarianism) we will all be more wealthy immediately.

If the dollar goes up in value, we will all be more wealthy immediately.

He has mentioned that instead of having gov't programs for things like medicare, just let people take care of themselves and write off the expenses (not sure how that works but I'm sure we can figure it out).

A lot of the hesitation in support of Ron Paul is that people are genuinely afraid or don't understand properly what true freedom is.

A free market, like Paul has said, would put science money where people want it to go (rather than military complex and politics), pollution would infringe on other people's rights (and therefore would be regulated by the free market) etc.

We need him.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think he is electable as a Republican no matter what - because FOX will get behind the best candidate to win IMO that is RP.

Already progressives and liberals have noticed that he is anti-war, anti-corporate welfare, anti-saving 'too big to fail' (pro-free market)...

I just see no reason to be pessimistic about this opportunity - because its all we've got.

Especially when the debates start rolling in, he is going to kick ass on monetary issues and foreign policy issues because he is blunt and real.

He has been picking up steady steam since 2007...

He gets the most donations from the military than all other candidates combined (2008 campaign)...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ever listen to Mark Levin? Hes a brilliant constitutional lawyer and talk show host. HIs knock on RP is what he refers to as Pauls bizarre foreign policy and his irrational hatred of Israel.

Not the first time Ive heard these charges against RP. HE doesnt stand a chance on these issues, Im afraid.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dr. Paul has my vote, but I'm afraid the term "unelectable" is correct. He's dry, serious, very intelligent, no-nonsense, is willing to quickly pull off the band aide, actually has a plan to make American strong and is fiscally responsible. In other words, he's not a rock star like Obama. Americans today want someone that will tell them "everything is going to be OK. Here have another handout." Dr. Paul won't do that, which will keep him unelected.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I liked Southern Avenger's recent video on youtube about Ron Paul The Consistent Conservative.

Consistency matters when it comes to leadership. If we elect someone as president he has to be firmly grounded in doing the people's will and Paul will do it I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

But thats so pessimistic! Perhaps the tone is changing, or people are (god forbid) actually getting smarter?

I would rather we try as hard as we can to get him elected, than just bend over again...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by The Old American

But thats so pessimistic! Perhaps the tone is changing, or people are (god forbid) actually getting smarter?

I would rather we try as hard as we can to get him elected, than just bend over again...

Not pessimistic as much as realistic. We were perceived to be in more dire straits during the '08 election economically than we are now, but he was the same Ron Paul just a short 3 years ago. Why didn't he get elected then? Unfortunately out of this cycle's crop of candidates, he's the only one, other than Chris Christy (who is refusing to run..darn him to heck!), that has a hope of doing what needs to be done, and that's not saying that he necessarily can do it, but he's the only one that's going to be willing to. The Romneys, Ryans, Bachmanns and Palins talk a big game, but they will lead the nation down the hole just as fast as the Dems will.

/TOA

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
I was coming in for a fight because of the thread title but I agree with you

Ron Paul 2012, he will have my vote.

Not like it counts for anything but okay...

Wake up people your vote means diddly. The only way Mr Paul will make it to office is if TPTB allow it, and then all your so-called promises are pretty much out the window. The Brass will see to that. Anyone can be a puppet but it takes a skilled entertainer to control them...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join