It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC -- The Restriction Capitol of the US (youtube 20/04/2011)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wow I am never going to New York. So just an insane cash grab or a part of the plan to grind the will of the American people to a pulp?

So what do you guys think and how does your city rank compared to this?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
thats how they pay for all those entitlement programs in new york

i cant stand new york no offense meant to new yorkers.

they are just as bad as california with that liberal fascism.

:

edit on 29-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's always about the almighty buck. Pretty soon we will all be seeing this. Un friggin believable!!!! We just keep losing more and more rights. What ever happened to America?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It's always about the almighty buck. Pretty soon we will all be seeing this. Un friggin believable!!!! We just keep losing more and more rights. What ever happened to America?

Its not just America the UK has it a bit worst and the rest of us are catching up pretty soon we'll all wish we'd stood up while we could...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am so confused I thought liberals were for the poor people? I always thought it was the republicans who wanted more of a police state. Maybe it is all government that wants this.
I am liberal and I say this is ridiculous! People don't need more fines and regulations they need less.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Noone is for the poor people in NYC, everything is being raised and everything is a crime.

My husband is a heating plant technician with the city, just this month they sent out a memo saying in his shop everything has to be taken out. Microwave, fridge, small radio, even the table and chairs! It was only his dept, everyone else got to keep their stuff but if these guys say something, forget about it.

Did they have help in preventing this??? YES! The good ol' Union. But what happened?...They keep their mouths shut and if you call to complain all they say is "be lucky you have a job"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Noone is for the poor people in NYC, everything is being raised and everything is a crime.

My husband is a heating plant technician with the city, just this month they sent out a memo saying in his shop everything has to be taken out. Microwave, fridge, small radio, even the table and chairs! It was only his dept, everyone else got to keep their stuff but if these guys say something, forget about it.

Did they have help in preventing this??? YES! The good ol' Union. But what happened?...They keep their mouths shut and if you call to complain all they say is "be lucky you have a job"

Sorry to hear about them harrasing your hubby
I fear this is only going to get worst whats more both the dems and the reps are working against you.
Try and get involved in politics everyone is sick of these liars we need ordinary people like you to step up

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Sorry to hear about them harrasing your hubby I fear this is only going to get worst whats more both the dems and the reps are working against you. Try and get involved in politics everyone is sick of these liars we need ordinary people like you to step up

Thanks, theyre trying to come together and fight it. Can you believe he asked for a water fountain and they said no?!

The things that are considered crimes here in nyc are just ridiculous. But yes, at the end of the day, it's just for the bucks....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

www.cafr1.com...
www.cafr1.com...
www.project.nsearch.com...

NYC (just the city)is sitting on 2.2 trillion Dollars of investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds etc)

the USA is sitting on 64 TRILLION!!!!

now go and find your own state CAFR and find out for yourself

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm a New Yorker and I can easily say that regardless of the law, the police here are miles ahead of the police elsewhere I've been.

The police in Cinicinatti are an absolute joke. In Cincinatti where it's illegal to smoke in bars, (like NYC), you can actually get arrested for public intox. by standing outside the bar to smoke a cig. ???

Everywhere in Tennessee the highway patrol are gestapo. If you're from New York, good luck. Somehow the civil war never ended in some places. ???

The list goes on. Many here can corroborate I'm sure.

The fact is that New York has so many ridiculous laws and fines, but the police interact with the public in a terrific manner. The laws are clear. Unlike other areas of the country, if you're not breaking the law, you won't get bothered or get a fine.

While I definitely cannot stand Bloomberg or his anti-smoking propaganda or policies, New York is a wonderful place to live or visit.

new topics

top topics

join