It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt to re-open Rafah border with Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Tired of struggling for basic utilities?
Sick of waking up to the sounds of AK47?
We got the solution for you!

-Recognize Israel!
...Now on sale

Your failed circular logic goes in very well with black sarcasm.

Israel is a state, is Palestine ??

No, because Israel keeps blocking it..
FACT, get over it....

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by gem_man

Why should the Palestinians be deprived of weapons while Israel gets theirs from US aid ??

I really don't understand that concept at all..

This is my thinking on it. If Hamas has no weapons the IDF could not use the little rockets as a pretense to bomb Gaza. The rockets do little damage unless they by chance hit someone directly. If no one is attacking Israel they cease being able to claim they are the victim. Beyond that I believe when people make agreements they should honor them. Perhaps if Hamas has no violent recourse they will choose a different path. Just my thinking.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Or maybe Israel will attack Egypt like it did in the past.. I hear schools were easy targets..

I also hear they're great platforms to fire rockets, mortars and guns out of. All these children provide for such good cover, gotta stay low though, which puts a real strain on the knees.. Oh, those poor freedom fighters

Why should the Palestinians be deprived of weapons while Israel gets theirs from US aid ??

The Palestinians aren't deprived of weapons, Hamas is... The PA gets all the weapons it needs, you don't see it firing them at Israel, nor do you see Israel firing at them...
Stupid policy of eye for an eye on both sides leaves us all blind, but I guess people like you don't really care, all you care about is your side winning, whether or not it perpetuates this circle of blood.

Does Israel recognize Palestine as a state??

Hamas' charter is to destroy Israel, that's different.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

This bit gets me.

With respect,
Eliad.

You only blindly respect Israel so that line just P%$$%$ me off..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Because their leadership does not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. They will keep being secluded until they do so.
Besides, your understanding isn't needed in order to maintain the situation so feel free to be frustrated as you wish.

So what if Hamas does not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. Is Israel so paranoid they need Hamas' approval to exist. Besides Israel is not ONLY Jewish so why would anyone recognize them as a "Jewish" state. Seems to me only radical states are defined by their religion. To wit: Iran, Syria, etc. To recognize ANY state on the basis of religion is by it's very nature racist as it strongly suggests citizens of other religions are inferior.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

But hasn't the international community not been calling for Israel to lift the blockade and allow suppllies in and also been sending ships with aid only for Israel to stop them.

I don't understand your arguement. You seem to be saying that because Israel supplies basic things then that gives them the right to say what goes in, but if somebody else took over all the basic stuff would that mean anything would get in because Israel would have no further say in the matter.

I think your talking rubbish.
edit on 30-4-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

FACT, get over it....

Get over it? Lol, I got no problems with Israel blocking Palestine. Last time I checked it disturbs the Palestinians, not myself. How deluded are you to even consider this disturbs me the slightest?

The correct assessment should be:
Palestine is a state?
No, because they don't recognize Israel.
FACT, get over it (or keep whining).

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

FACT, get over it....

Get over it? Lol, I got no problems with Israel blocking Palestine. Last time I checked it disturbs the Palestinians, not myself. How deluded are you to even consider this disturbs me the slightest?

Palestine is a state?

Ahh, only a Jew would think like that..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
So what if Hamas does not recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

So what? Fine, no independence for the Palestinians then. Is this what you want? Heh.

Is Israel so paranoid they need Hamas' approval to exist.

They need Hamas' "approval" (although it means nothing) of recognizing Israel as a legitimate country in case they violate that recognition in the future. Tough business but that's the way it is.

Besides Israel is not ONLY Jewish so why would anyone recognize them as a "Jewish" state. Seems to me only radical states are defined by their religion. To wit: Iran, Syria, etc. To recognize ANY state on the basis of religion is by it's very nature racist as it strongly suggests citizens of other religions are inferior.

Israel is the only Jewish homeland on earth, so yeah they are to recognize Israel as a Jewish country. It does not suggest people of other religions are inferior, it suggest that people of other religions are residents of a Jewish country, Israel. Nothing about their class level or anything. Although I can see how it's very easy for you to make it look this way in order to label Israel as racist and such.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Ahh, only a Jew would think like that..

Yup. Going to get over it soon or is it comfortable for you to whine your way to glory?

I'm glad to see I have reduced your discussion abilities to a bloody pulp of religion mockery. Shows how high your IQ is as you blatantly gloated about it in this thread or the other one (can't even be bothered to check).
edit on 30-4-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

FACT, get over it....

Palestine is a state?

Check again

I guess you gonna have som fun exporing the world running throgh all countrys you messed up, run fast I dont think you are welcome anywhere...hmm. sorry wrong...hell will surely wellcome you
Days of truth is here praise the lord and god bless the people of palestine

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Previously started thread here, thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Shows how high your IQ is as you blatantly gloated about it in this thread or the other one (can't even be bothered to check).

Mate, I'd back my IQ against yours any day..
Set it up and lets see..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Fair enough but this thread is in a better forum ....

Dunno if mods can merge threads ? let them decide and do what they deem necessary.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Mate, if there was a way we'd clash IQ forces against eachother I'd go for it just for sh!ts and giggles.
And now seriously, how old are you to come up with such statements? Seriously, politics aside, religions aside,

How did you get to a situation in life where you are eager to compare IQ with other people on a conspiracy website after your arguments fail and you humiliate yourself by using religious mockery as your way to defend yourself?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If there will be a leadership in Palestine that will recognize Israel as what it is, and will not be a part of a terrorist organization, there will be a recognition of a Palestinian state. Until that happens there's nothing to cry about.

Even without that fact, my point is not moot since the ones that need the change are the Palestinians themselves.
Israel lives with the dispute for centuries and could maintain the status-quo for years to come. Israel could keep going whether the Palestinians recognize it or don't.. won't really matter.

The recognition of Israel is far more important for the Gaza strip's future than for Israel itself, and you can shout how unfair it is to no end.
The point is - if they know what's good for them they should recognize Israel and act accordingly. Anything other than that will result in them staying in the same crappy situation they are at for 60 years.

The next line is said with utmost honesty:
Israel is the dominator in this story. Israel is the power and the occupier. Trying to be a rebellious pain in the ass will result in nothing more than bloodshed. That is the truth, and no raging post on ATS is going to change it, obviously. This is the way things are, and this is why I say that if the Pallies knew what's good for them they will try lowering their heads and recognize Israel officially.

Actually, this was an intelligent post. You clearly stated the facts as they are with the single exception of recognition of Israel. Both Hamas and the PA have in the past officially stated they recognize Israel within the 1967 lines. The same lines the rest of the world recognizes as Israels boundries. I believe the problem is with recognition as a "Jewish" state. With 20% of Israels population choosing a religion other than Judiasm it is not reasonable to base peace on the insistence of being defined by the majorities religion. Israel is indeed the home of the Jewish people, but it is also the home of Arabs and Druze. Defining Israel as strictly Jewish dis-infranchises the religious minority and smacks as racism. The other factor that may come into play is the "right of return" IF Israel is officially defined as a jewish state they could have a future legal basis for preventing the return of refugees. Everyone should remember Israel AGREED to allow the return of the refugees as a condition of their membership in the UN in 1948 "at the earliest possible time" .

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
gee_man,
While I say that Israel should be recognized as a Jewish state I don't mean Druze or other religious legitimate residents are to be considered as less equal than any Jews in Israel.

As I said, the only reason there is a need for a recognition of Israel as a Jewish state by Hamas is for a future attempt to undermine that recognition by force. And in case it will happen, Israel is going to go ape# at Hamas.

Look at it like a Terms of Agreement paper. If you fail to stick to the agreements, you will get destroyed.
This cold attitude exists only due to the inability of Palestinian leadership to remove hostile factors (Hamas) out of it's ranks.

If Palestinian authority consisted of politicians who hold no extreme opinions or religious mixed feelings get in their agenda, believe me that the recognition of Israel would be far less demanding than what it is for Hamas, and IMO that is only natural.

In other words - no one in Israel is firmly convinced, due to the experiences of the past, that Hamas will truly recognize Israel's right to exist as an independent country.
Although, if they take this opportunity they might create something out of it.

If the Israeli government some time in the future succeeds in removing hostile factors out of the Palestinian leadership, yet still insists on a harsh and demanding recognition of a Jewish state by the Palestinians, you can be sure I'll be here in this board condemning that decision. And do note, I am fully aware that such an option existed in the past and the Israeli government stayed anemic.

I'm no one-sided person and I am fully aware that both sides have made tremendous errors in the last 60 years when it comes to reaching an agreement. But you have to be really biased in order not to see that the vast majority of mistakes came from the Palestinian side be it by stupid greed for more territories or simply stupid thoughts that any use of force is going to contribute to their goal.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Mate, if there was a way we'd clash IQ forces against eachother I'd go for it just for sh!ts and giggles.
And now seriously, how old are you to come up with such statements? Seriously, politics aside, religions aside,

How did you get to a situation in life where you are eager to compare IQ with other people on a conspiracy website after your arguments fail and you humiliate yourself by using religious mockery as your way to defend yourself?

Ahh, the argument of someone of lower intelligence..
Ohh how I love the smell of ignorance...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Ahh, the argument of someone of lower intelligence..
Ohh how I love the smell of ignorance...

Got humiliated in the other thread so you quit and came here? Hehe.
Never mind, grown ups are discussing important topics. Please don't disturb.

But just for sh!ts and giggles as I said. Come on person with such a high intelligence, show me where the ignorance is. Is there a way for us to compare IQ's over the net? If there is I'd love to kick it off with you just so you'd stop your nonstop rambling. If there isn't - shut the hell up already.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Israelguy,
I am hopeful that IF the Palestinians have another election Hamas will be erased from the political picture. They will however in my opinion remain a disruptive force for quite a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join