It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt to re-open Rafah border with Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is an interesting development. No need for those darn tunnels anymore. Presumably anything can be transported into Gaza now and makes a complete mockery of Israels attempts to blockade Gaza.

I wonder what the zionists will do about it.

Egypt to re-open Rafah border with Gaza

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There's been talks before where the Iisraelis wanted to re-capture the corridor and control the Rafah crossing too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well, with united states not paying mubarak billions to do israels will, the palestinians can now at least feed themselves and fight back.

on the other hand all this middle east uprising setting the stage for bigger things.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
where are the zionists?

are they still deciding how to respond to this?

lets get it on!...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8377ddb85d51.jpg[/atsimg]

2nd : Enough Said

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

If I know our local Zionists, they're out on a flat rock somewhere waiting for the sun to warm them up. Then they'll skitter off to memri, make a mess of themselves, then come here to shout about how many egyptians they want to kill for this "outrage."

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I can see why they'd want to open those passages, I might have done the same thing had I been in their shoes. I don't think their goal is to allow weapons into Gaza, but I'm sure that this would be the outcome of this..

I'm hoping this doesn't escalate, but how could it not? Weapons will flow into Gaza, what with the Beduin gangs in control of Sinai and all, and Israel would probably take issue with that.

Here's an idea though, if Egypt wants to free Gaza from Zionist oppression, why don't they take full responsibility for it? Why does Israel have to supply water and electricity, aid and medicine?

You want 'em, you got 'em, I say.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I agree it will escalate things. In the past Israel said it may have to move back into Gaza if this happened, at least into a narrow strip along the border to defend it.

Boy that would be interesting to see, IDF standing on outposts with Palestinians on one side and Egyptians on the other. Could make easy targets.

Better keep the tunnels going for now.

As for asking the Egyptians to take the Palestinians in, do you mean for Gaza to remain as is but become part of Egypt, ie extend Egypts border. Do you really think that would work, or even be acceptable to Israel. I can't see it.

Or do you mean for all the Palestininas in Gaza to pack their bags and go live in Sinia or somewhere, so that Israel can take over Gaza, level it and build a new holiday resort. I can see Israel prefering that option.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Or maybe Israel will attack Egypt like it did in the past..
I hear schools were easy targets..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I think all parties should adhere to the agreement they made in 2005. The agreement required EU monitors at the border to check to insure weapons were not transported in. On the rare occasions the crossing was opened this seemed to work quite well. I suppose there is a mechinism for recinding the agreement but it is probably ill advised in the current situation. Probably some formula that opens the crossing for goods other then actual weapons with a regulatory border force in place to insure compliance.

As bad as I feel for the people of Gaza I keep in mind that Hamas is determined to install an Islamic state based on Sharia law. ----------------- Not good for anyone, especially the people of Gaza.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Why should the Palestinians be deprived of weapons while Israel gets theirs from US aid ??

I really don't understand that concept at all..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Because their leadership does not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. They will keep being secluded until they do so.
Besides, your understanding isn't needed in order to maintain the situation so feel free to be frustrated as you wish.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
Because their leadership does not recognize Israel as a Jewish state. They will keep being secluded until they do so.
Besides, your understanding isn't needed in order to maintain the situation so feel free to be frustrated as you wish.

Does Israel recognize Palestine as a state??

Nah, didn't think so...
So your point is moot...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If there will be a leadership in Palestine that will recognize Israel as what it is, and will not be a part of a terrorist organization, there will be a recognition of a Palestinian state. Until that happens there's nothing to cry about.

Even without that fact, my point is not moot since the ones that need the change are the Palestinians themselves.
Israel lives with the dispute for centuries and could maintain the status-quo for years to come. Israel could keep going whether the Palestinians recognize it or don't.. won't really matter.

The recognition of Israel is far more important for the Gaza strip's future than for Israel itself, and you can shout how unfair it is to no end.
The point is - if they know what's good for them they should recognize Israel and act accordingly. Anything other than that will result in them staying in the same crappy situation they are at for 60 years.

The next line is said with utmost honesty:
Israel is the dominator in this story. Israel is the power and the occupier. Trying to be a rebellious pain in the ass will result in nothing more than bloodshed. That is the truth, and no raging post on ATS is going to change it, obviously. This is the way things are, and this is why I say that if the Pallies knew what's good for them they will try lowering their heads and recognize Israel officially.
edit on 30-4-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
If there will be a leadership in Palestine that will recognize Israel as what it is, and will not be a part of a terrorist organization, there will be a recognition of a Palestinian state. Until that happens there's nothing to cry about.
Even without that fact, my point is not moot since the ones that need the change are the Palestinians themselves.
Israel lives with the dispute for centuries and could maintain the status-quo for years to come. Israel could keep going whether the Palestinians recognize it or don't.. won't really matter.
The recognition of Israel is far more important for the Gaza strip's future than for Israel itself, and you can shout how unfair it is to no end.
edit on 30-4-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

So basically you are saying it's all about Israel.
What Israel wants. What Israel needs..
Everyone else doesn't matter..

I get your point and like many I say, screw Israel...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

No, what I mean is for Egypt to start providing the support Israel is providing Gaza- Gaza's electricity comes from Israel, water come from Israel, medicine and aid, construction material, etc..

You want to help them out? Go ahead.

Might turn out to be good for all sides, no?

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
So basically you are saying it's all about Israel.
What Israel wants. What Israel needs..
Everyone else doesn't matter..

I get your point and like many I say, screw Israel...

Really trying to initiate a balanced discussion with you but with comments like those it's impossible.

If that's how you interpret what I'm saying then yeah, Israel is the only thing that matters. Sure.

You say screw Israel, I say come and try. Very mature on behalf of both of us.

Is this the way discussions work with you?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by bigyin

No, what I mean is for Egypt to start providing the support Israel is providing Gaza- Gaza's electricity comes from Israel, water come from Israel, medicine and aid, construction material, etc..

You want to help them out? Go ahead.

Might turn out to be good for all sides, no?

With respect,
Eliad.

You mean Israel lets in what little it decides?
Palestine is always struggling for basic utilities..
Is Israel??

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

But will it work out that way? The people who go to these areas usually have sympathy for the people of Gaza, let's hope they understand that withholding guns from them means saving their lives...

But yeah it would probably help for the international community to get involved in this...

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Tired of struggling for basic utilities?
Sick of waking up to the sounds of AK47?
We got the solution for you!

-Recognize Israel!
...Now on sale

Your failed circular logic goes in very well with black sarcasm.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join