It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you having for dinner? Stars for answers :)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This Sunday we celebrate Fathers Day here in the US. So this dinner plan is something that we have been eating on fathers day for 8 years now.
My Husband and I get up early (5 or 6am) We fish til about 10am. By then we have a nice livewell full of crappie and bluegill. Hubby does the cleaning and I will cook them
I soak them in ice cold water for a couple hours, then I dunk them in a mix of buttermilk and a little hot sauce and dreage them in a mixture of seasoned bread crumbs mixed with panko crumbs. and fry. I will also make a macaroni salad, and for desert we usually have watermelon or cantalope slices. This year i'm adding fresh strawberries.
oooh so good. Best dinner I make. And fun to prepare!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Today's dinner is roasted chicken, a green salad (hopefully, sans any E. coli lol!) and garlic bread & a glas of Torres Viña Esmeralda wine for dinner!

For tomorrow's dinner (because my dad is visiting) we're having Jamón serrano Pata Negra (air-dried-cured ham) with Spanish cantaloupe melón and a glas of Dom Potier Brut sparkling wine (as the first course)

Then after that, grilled herbed lamb chops with garlic, a couscous salad and some Cune 2006 Reserva, Rioja, Spain red wine.

(I will be marinating the lamb chops today, for 24 hours until tomorrow)

And probably some easy ice cream dessert with sliced fruit if I can find some fresh non-imported & no-radiation-polluted strawberries - untainted from the Fukushima fallout?

Maybe I should bring a geiger counter to the market tomorrow morning to be on the safe side eh?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Last night we had grilled salmon marinated and basted with a Carribean Jerk BBQ sauce mixed with sangria,olive oil,onions and basil. He had a baked potato with butter and sour cream, I had a salad with lettuce,spinach,orange tomatoes, red bell pepper, green onions, and nectarine withe blackberry balsamic vinegar and avocado-orange oil dressing.

Tonight he had leftover BBQ'd pork loin sandwiches with maple/bacon baked beans and I had a sandwich with letuuce,tomato,swiss cheese and dill pickle..hold the mayo! just butter please! (Got home late and still need to go to the store!) Oh yeah...the bread we've been using for burgers and sandwiches lately are those new "half buns". Have you tried them? They are Orowheat Sandwich Buns, less bread=less starch,carbs,and calories. I get the multigrain with flax. Great for a grilled salmon burger, sandwich, hamburger.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Im having my neighbors cat and for desert the other neighbors dog for night time was thinking of going over the road and picking gold fish from my other neighbors fishbowl.

But in actual fact im having lambs brains with some salad.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Tonight I am having pork chops with sides of spinach, mushrooms, onions, and corn. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Tonight I am having pork chops with sides of spinach, mushrooms, onions, and corn. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

That is simply not fair....

....my mouth is also dripping......

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
We had leftovers!!! Chicken cutlet, mashed taters, and corn on the cob!!

AND, someone is slipping so I stared everyone on this page!!!!

edit on 28-6-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
had beef burgundy tonight, tomorrow I am marinating sirloin and gonna grill it if I get off work early enough, or I will have the wife broil it, with potatoes and broccoli, usually or Brussel sprouts. Or maybe chicken breast mac and cheese and some other kinda veggie.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Today's special is :

Prawn stirfry

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Children.

...no?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Semi-retired feeding 7
I made two large boxes of shells and cheese
Drained the pasta and added some butter and the cheese pouches..
While the pasta was cooking I fried 2 lbs of ground meat and stired it in with the shells and cheese .. Made a gallon of grape cool-aide to drink
simple and cheap !

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
wine. it's just been one of those days

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A little late, but I like to talk about food, so...

Tonight, since it was one of the only days I have off and can actually cook for my girlfriend and I. We had:

Prosciutto wrapped duck breast, cooked about medium-rare, close to medium, with a cranberry/cabernet sauvignon reduction. Paired with roasted new potatoes (just dug them up this weekend! yay!), roasted with garlic and parsely (fresh picked 20 feet from my dinner table). A small garden salad on the side. (mustard greens/romaine, plum tomatoes, and avocado. All from my garden, and the avocados from my tree I have inside)

I love nights off!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
i knew this thread was around somewhere.

Well today since im kinda laid back with not much to do, ill be cooking some pasta with meat and sauce along with a greek salad.

Kali Orexi
Bon Appetite
Enjoy your meal

edit on 30-10-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Tonight im makeing venison cops on the grill with roasted corn with a nice green salad and apple pie for desert...mmmmm that sounds good! Peace, sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The other night we made a new recipe that was very good, a pecan crusted Tilapia (white fish) with cheesy bacon grits, with a nice salad on the side. We had a nice Reisling with it (yes, I know it's a dessert wine, but it's also white, and goes damn good with fish).

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Holy cow that sounds really really good.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Pumpkin ravioli with a truffle and sage brown butter and a nice Dolcetto D'Alba.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join