It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Way to Remove the 'Political Madness' Forum from my Recent Posts Display?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
When the Political Madness forum opened, there was a way to prevent it from displaying in Recent Posts (IIRC) .

I am NOT subscribed to the forum.

Do we still have this option? If so, how do I do it?

Thank you!
edit on 4/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes. Go to Recent Posts

Find a thread listed from your (un)desired forum

Click the red minus sign to the right of it.

Voila, no more Political Madness.

Well, there'll still be Political Madness, but those threads won't show up in your Recent Posts display.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
MADNESS?!?

THIS. IS. POLITICS!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I have done this with all political forums and they come back! It's like they haunt me. How do I get it to stop doing that.

I like to only view about 5 forums so I click the red minus sign next to most forums but it doesn't stay that way

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
For me it's a cookie thing. I press the little pink minus signs, get my forums all selected, then when my cookies clear, I have to do it all over again. lol

Or if I get my settings all sorted out and then log on from another computer, that computer will not have my forums saved.

So I assume it is a computer/cookie thing and not an ATS thing. If you are losing your settings, I would say it is because of something like that. The settings aren't fused with your ATS account but the computer you are using.

Maybe that can be adjusted someday?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Oh! Thank you! MWAH!

I just don't want Madness right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks for asking that BH.

I had no idea we could remove categories not interested in.

And there goes "911" too.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
POLITICS!

Poly = Many
Tics= Blood Sucking Vermon

I rest my case

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
[

Ah yes and thus is erased the deed... nothing to see there move along now... back to the pasture

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Annee
[

Ah yes and thus is erased the deed... nothing to see there move along now... back to the pasture

Never said I didn't think there was some kind of conspiracy behind 911. Just - nothing new - and I'm tired of it - - for now.

But - - - this thread is not for discussion of whether I support a 911 conspiracy or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
MADNESS?!?

THIS. IS. POLITICS!

Thnx Majic - you gave me my first belly laugh of the day

However, bear in mind it's only 10 mins past midnight here

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a far better question:

Is it possible to (like on newsvine) have the community collapse a thread to the point of obscurity, or perhaps maybe have the more intuitive of the mods simply delete a thread that is clearly one of intolerance or of hate?

Do we really think it benefits the community to simply let ANYTHING that can be talked about, actually BE talked about? I mean, didn't ATS remove all threads relative to drug references? Well do the same with hate threads too.

Just look at Ban the over 50's from Voting
Allowing this type of thing to continue unchallenged is a travesty to this website....how about a little common sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ah.....that's great. I never knew what those little minus signs were for. The Political Madness threads at ATS are often toxic to one's health and faith in our humanity. I think I'll block them for the week.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Originally posted by alphabetaone
Here's a far better question:

Maybe start a far better thread?
Seriously, I'm all for sharing opinions. All of them. If someone thinks people over 50 shouldn't vote, they have a right to talk about it and see how others think. It doesn't hurt anything. Except maybe their reputation.

On topic, I didn't know we could do this with any forum. This is a great feature.

Just to be thorough, to get a forum back, there's a link at the top that says "Show Removed Forums". Then you can click on the + !

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Maybe start a far better thread?
Seriously, I'm all for sharing opinions. All of them. If someone thinks people over 50 shouldn't vote, they have a right to talk about it and see how others think. It doesn't hurt anything. Except maybe their reputation.

I'm not so sure. I think perhaps, the mother and father of someone like the 16 year old girl who hung herself due to "others opinions of her" on Facebook, might argue that point. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to see things get carried away simply because people think that the First Amendment is also an entitlement program giving them license to make things unbearable for some.

Well, I think the reason I asked actually was on-topic as, it would seem the reason to do this in the first place, would be to ignore the items which cause some degree of discomfort OR disdain....a thread with a high degree of intolerance for others citizens, would surely fall into that category.
edit on 30-4-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join