It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA's new boss once a customer of its spy efforts` Friday, April 29, 2011 1:29:00 AM EDT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There you have it folks, we went from Air force general running the CIA to a real military general from the Army being in charge.

Is this a sure sign of things to come, or could it be a different approach?

Guess only time will tell.

WASHINGTON (AP) — When he leaves the Afghan battlefield for the CIA's headquarters in Langley, Va., Gen. David Petraeus will have an opportunity to put his imprint on the spy agency, possibly shaking up the way it does business.

Petraeus already has a deep understanding of what he perceives to be the agency's weaknesses and strengths, as a commander who has drawn on CIA information to fight the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. As a military man who values discipline and honesty, he has a reputation of holding people accountable who serve under his command.

Source
edit on 29-4-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This move is an interesting one. Because I remember listen To Alex's show and he was saying that he thought General pettraeus would be a possible republican presidential candidate. This would be to bring the tough military person who could say were gonna win these wars. As Obama is seen not to know what he is doing with the war efforts. This moves him more to the political side of things though.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well he's done such a great job in Afghanistan, where could he go from there?

Maybe Libya?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well Gen Petraeus know's what the customer on the ground needs from the CIA. Hopefully he'll make sure they get it.

I like the appointment, myself.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LMAO...

This guy replaces McCrystal when his CIA buddy, Obama, was offended by McCrystal's candid comments on the administration.

Now he is the boss?

We're all sheep. Bah!

top topics

join