It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Holocaust Survivor"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'm sorry we can't just talk together as humans. If you ever want to really engage without trying to win, I'll be here.

Maybe if you try just pretending to hold the position you are trying to vanquish for a little while, that would help. Rather than thinking about how to interpret what others think, try imagining how they experience their own thinking. It helps to figure out what they read and read that too, and to test yourself by seeing if you can come up with arguments in support of their position, even as you disagree with it. Try to put your own experiences and conclusions aside, and imagine what you would be like with theirs. Not what you think they're really like -- who you would be, if you did agree with them.

Even if you were sure your mind wouldn't change, doing that always leads to enhancing our ability to express and support our arguments.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Iam a NAZI survivor using the logic presented here, Iam originally a Scot whose parents didnt die in the second world war.
Hitler wanted to wipe out anyone that was a threat , just like Stalin.

I believe the Jews died in the camps by the millions, but I do not believe the middle class Jews of the present day should benefit in any way from the mainly working class Jews who perished, whilst the richer Jews emigrated or were protected.

Truth is sacred .

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I'm all for changing my mind and having a discussion on the holocaust. But speaking in vague innuendo's and metaphysical jargon isn't helping either of us.

Yes I see what your saying, and in another dimension it is on topic, but in the ATS world you really haven't brought up the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Friend, to me, what I am saying is very much on topic. We can't communicate with each other until we establish new foundations. But I'll leave it at that, and I hope that someday you will see why I felt this exchange was very relevant indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Friend, to me, what I am saying is very much on topic. We can't communicate with each other until we establish new foundations. But I'll leave it at that, and I hope that someday you will see why I felt this exchange was very relevant indeed.

Like i said you're bring up Metaphysical things which is relevant, but you haven't once brought up the topic at hand. Instead you make it seem like I'm a cold hearted person and that the OP should ignore me or have mercy on me because I'm ignorant to history. (forgive them cause they know not what they do?)

Of course you make it sound all peace and love, but it is a belittling stance when you look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join