It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Holocaust Survivor"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ok first off in school today (im 16) i forced to sit through 1 and half hours of a assembly to hear what 2 jewish "holocaust survivors" had to say. ok first off just to let you know none of them actually went to a concentration camp so are they really survivors?

and there have been many other gruesome genocides like Rwandan Genocide and the armenian genocide how come there are no great documentaries or other major remembrance on these 2 events? is it because a lot of jews were killed in the holocaust ad jews were not killed in the other genocides? i mean in the Rwandan genocide people were literally hacked to death, yea in both the holocaust and the Rwandan genocide people died but why dont we remember the other genocides?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would call them survivors. My neighbor is an old lady, from Germany, and Jewish. She would tell me stories at we stand in the elevator, and some are stomach turning. If anything, being in a concentration camp was slightly safer than being out around patrolling nazis.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

Because its very profitable to keep the holocaust myth going for as long as possible. Don't say it didn't happen though cause you'll go to jail in some countries. Just smile and nod.

If Armenenians and Rwandan's ran Hollywood I'm sure you would see their genocidal movies. Since the Jews run Hollywood you get to see a good Holocaust or Nazi movie every year or 2 to keep it burned fresh in your memory.
edit on 29-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Never forget bla bla bla. We lost 6-5-4-3-2-well maybe over one.... But if you dont agree we will put you in jail... How come its a crime to study history?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

The difference is the impact WWII had globally. The amplitude of the genocide is also shown through the number of movies. With 6 millions dead, it seems logical that many more were directly or indirectly affected.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinogur

I think it has to do with the scale of the events no way is there a comparison between Rwanda/Bosnia etc.
and WW2. the time lapse and scale of the events are nowhere near each other. Those events will be remebered
locally for a long period of time, because the impact i mostly just local.

WW2 on the other hand had a world wide impact and pretty much effected the biggest part of the world. What happened in the 2 examples you gave effected the country not so much the world. I think there lies your answer.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion
reply to post by Dinogur

The difference is the impact WWII had globally. The amplitude of the genocide is also shown through the number of movies. With 6 millions dead, it seems logical that many more were directly or indirectly affected.

Ah i see we are on the same frequency :-).I do doubt it was 6 million tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmoron

I too would be very surprised if it was 6 million, when there were only 2 million Jews living in occupied Europe. The figure of 6 million probably includes Gypsies, Political dissidents, or anyone else that didn't fit the Aryan specifications.

I cannot understand the logic of a denial law. Just because you disagree with something, why should you go to Prison? Hmm, sounds a lot like living in Nazi Germany to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I think i get what you say. I think it has to do with "political" correctness. Which huminaty seems to love.

The global feeling is that we should all pitty the poor jews, cause they had such a rough time. It is not "correct"
to think any other way, And that is sick cause it isnt just black and white. The truth lies in the big grey area
im between.

Here in Holland Hitler's Mein Kampf is declared an "illegal" book, which means pretty much you are not allowed
to sell it ( or hAVE IT I BELIEVE). Which is pretty sick, cause allthough it might not be the best book in the world
äfter all who can beat Hairy Otter). But it is a very important book which gives insight into the mind of a brilliant
man who used its brilliance for the sake of HIS vision of a better world) A book based on the vision of one brilliant mad man against the rest of the world.

But Bibles and any religious scripture is ok. There is no restriction on religious books. And if you read those, you come to the conclusion that Hitler wasnt THAT sick. There are a lot sicker visions. But those are called religions and are ok. The sickest thing is of political correctness is that if you question the intentions of religion you are pretty much being outcasted of the discussion. They ll simply say you have to respect (other) religion(s). And thats the end of the discussion. And trust me the Christianity, Judaism, Islam and so on are based on scriptures
that arent that friendly to say the least. Better said they are on minds that are sicker than Hitler ever was. But hey are
religion so then its ok?

Hitler was a human being and is the perfect example of what happens if you outcast people and take away their
dognity. Mein Kampf is based on how Hitler saw the world and how he wanted to fight for his vision of a better world. Basically it's the same as any "bible" .

But Bible good, Mein Kampf bad.

To me that cant be, either they are all good or all bad. They are all the same. And trust me, if we were to make it another few hundred years from now on earth Mein Kampf will be in the same (probably online) bookstores ase
the Quran, The Christian bible, The Thora, or any other religious book. Hitler Will be the Messiah just as Jesus,
Mohammed and so on were.

Same story all over again.

People say Never forget what happened in WW2 so we can learn from it!! Trust me we will never learn and we will never overcome it. Cause it is in our gens to create difference and religion is a tool. Rhery will be new religions and new messiah's, new wars and new differences. Thinking otherwise is really naive. Just look at the past no matter how far you go back, the only thing that changed is the tools we use and the masses we can reach.
The mesage remains always the same. Divide and concour, kill or be killed.

Ill tell you this, logically it will probably only get worse instead of better. And we need it cause the more overpopulation there is the harder we seek for these thing, yet the more we deny being so.

We are humans, we are ok as long as we have space. We are born blank but we all get a certain type of cancer
which is called growing up. Once the innocense is gone we get really really sick

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This reply is meant for the many who read but don't post.

Please don't be discouraged when you read threads like these. It can be terribly depressing, I know. But stay strong -- keep your head above the noise -- remember that you can be the merciful one. There are not as many of them as it seems sometimes on the internet. People can be pretty terrible and ignorant, but for the most part, they try their best. It's only when someone becomes fixated that an obsession becomes a delusion. So even some of the ones who seem to have completely turned their hearts and minds to stone may not be as bad as they seem. But please, my silent friend, do not despair. I ask you this not because I think there is any hope, but because if there is to be any hope there is much work to be done.
edit on 29-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button says you look nice in that shirt

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
ok first off in school today (im 16) i forced to sit through 1 and half hours of a assembly to hear what 2 jewish "holocaust survivors" had to say. ok first off just to let you know none of them actually went to a concentration camp so are they really survivors?

and there have been many other gruesome genocides like Rwandan Genocide and the armenian genocide how come there are no great documentaries or other major remembrance on these 2 events? is it because a lot of jews were killed in the holocaust ad jews were not killed in the other genocides? i mean in the Rwandan genocide people were literally hacked to death, yea in both the holocaust and the Rwandan genocide people died but why dont we remember the other genocides?

In my school we learned about a ton of genocides, the Jewish, Ukrainian, Armenian, etc. Idk maybe your school just sucks.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There's no business like shoah business.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Kalki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmoron

It has nothing to do with Political Correctness, but more to do with justifying an Israeli state. I mean did anybody really think it was going to be okay to hand over great swathes of land to mainly Europeans, which had belonged to Arabs for hundreds of years?

Yes the Jews were persecuted by the Nazi's, but the questioning of just how much should not be punishable by a prison sentence. And banning the selling of Mein Kampf? What are the authorities afraid of?

Also, people should try to get their heads around the fact that it was the BIG U.S Jewish bankers that bank rolled his every move. Despite the fact that he had described his every intention in the book. Makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Not only did they bank roll hitler but they also bank rolled the russian revolution. Which was led by a gang of jews lenin trotsky ect They the reds killed, so estimates say, about 12 milliom russians to get into power. Then how many did they lose in the war? another 20 million? By bank rolling the russians, that led to the rise of hitler who was screaming about the russian jews invading germany. So while america was in a depression they bank rolled hitler. Once the war had started they sat on the side lines, till the world was on its knees. Then arrived the great americans to SELL their help to their friends. In a war which they caused.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Yes and then the U.S profited from this for the next 60+ years.

Now it will be the turn of the Chinese, unless they decide to tax all imports at such inextricable amounts it forces them to re-think. I would go for that as Donald Trump is calling for this. However, I suspect the Chinese will see through this and bring them down when they destroy the dollar.

Not that I would like to see this happen because the knock on effects for the U.K will be astronomical.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Your post makes it seem that because I've questioned things and researched that I've became MORE ignorant. Why is the holocaust the only thing I cannot research? Why do I become "heartless" the minute I start researching it.

I can research the bible, I can research ANYTHING else thats ever been done. Once I research the holocaust I immediatelly become a heartless human. Think about that.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'm sorry for the frustration you feel. I hope you can come out from under the ice and stone, whatever put it there. I know you find my perception of that offensive and wrong. But it's the stone that makes you unable to stand me being so wrong. It's the ice that gives you the desperate feeling which leads you to insist if I don't agree with you, I must be not just wrong, but part of a sinister plot against you.

By all means research, and research your own research -- check your sources, and always remember that the best way to understand your own position is to thoroughly know its opposite. The more certain you feel, the more important it is to expose yourself to different ideas. Remember that anything can be made to look distorted when viewed through a distorted lens. Remember that everyone else is a human being too, and if you find yourself perceiving their motivations as always sinister, try to realize that their perspective, for them, feels just as right and clear as yours does to you. If they disagree with you, even very strongly, they are not bad or out to get you. They're just different, with different ideas, and sometimes different information. Please, please try to remember that.

I wish you nothing but the best in your life and your seeking for knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur

The term survivor can be conceived of if different ways. Surviving outside a concentration camp, meant hiding your identity or watching what you say if the window was open since neighbours couldnt be trusted or the government breaking in your door anytime they wanted to find a person whom they thought not of the aryan race.

That being said I dont think that the others that died are stressed enough. I feel a bit wrong for saying it but the jews arent the only people in that war. Like above posts said, gypsies, disabled, homosexuals, scientific minds (most likely those that refuted eugenics) political "adversaries" and hell the POW's from other countries who were fighting to get people free of tyranny.
Okay i dont feel so wrong now.
edit on 30-4-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I hope the same for you, but don't let high school textbooks and hollywood movies shape your view of history cause its usually wrong.

(sorry for the short post but thats all that needs to be said)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join