It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for an EARGASM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i could blow him out of the water, sorry i wish he would change out of that same scale.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
i could blow him out of the water, sorry i wish he would change out of that same scale.

I like the scale, a bit same-same but sex to the ears. I guess if you don't like that sound it's understandable you'd grow tired of it.

Do you have a group or any material out yourself, or just play in your spare time?

Edit, just on a side note I think saying you'd blow him out the water is a bit far fetched. No offence intended
edit on 29-4-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gmac10001

Right on, do you have some youtube vids or anything? This guy (Santana) has plenty of vids showing him epically shreeding all the way back into the 60's my friend. Please add your video so we can see true evidence of "you blowing Santana out of the water", thank you. .....

OP, my ears got really wet after listening to this.... Is this part of the eargasm?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I gotta say i am not a Santana or Steve Vai fan(musically) but this will give you an Eargasm you will never forget:

About 2:05 your eardrums will be squirting all over the place!!!!!

edit on 29/4/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon

I gotta say i am not a Santana or Steve Vai fan(musically) but this will give you an Eargasm you will never forget:

About 2:05 your eardrums will be squirting all over the place!!!!!

Thanks, it's not bad. I've got to say I saw the picture and was worried it might be a bit too heavy for me

I think with Santana he gets alot of flack amongst guitar heads because he's not overly complicated. He doesn't have much in the way of technical nous, there's no question. But at the same time for me simple is often better. Something can be complexed and sound rubbish, something can be relatively simple and sound great.

Of course if he's not for you that's fine, the above is probably more applicable to the member who said he could blow him away. I think often when we take an interest in it we become too knowledgeable and fall into being snobbish or elitist maybe.

Again though I'm speaking in generalities here. Myself I'm probably guilty of putting Santana on a pedestal because he was my gateway drug, without Santana and Hendrix I wouldn't have an interest in playing or listening to the six-string Orchestra

By all means post more, i imagine if people have read this far down the page they have an interest in epic guitar solos

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
OP, my ears got really wet after listening to this.... Is this part of the eargasm?

You're what we in the industry call a 'squirter'

And listening to epic guitar solos while grating cheese is not good for ones health. Just took off half my finger

edit on 29-4-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

lol,squirter,but seriously i get what your saying,im a huge fan of Hendrix aswell but i dont like steve vai or santanas music but being a guitarist myself i appreciate good players which both of them are,for me i need great songs aswell which Hendrix/SRV/Gilmore have got!
S+f for the thread. peace!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One of the best threads I've seen in a while!

Stars & Flags for sure!

new topics

top topics

join