It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this gun exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Gday,am Aussie so dont own a gun like most,dont really even have an interest but was wondering if some experts here may know what iam talking about with this gun iam going to describe to you.
Looking at it,i can only describe it as what seems to be a "storm trooper" gun! It would be a bit longer than a hand gun but not long like a rifle,maybe about the length of a sawn off shot gun.
It fires what i would call an emp or gamma ray type of beam to cause massive cardiac arrest,it is not a laser.
It does not have to be accurately aimed like a bullet,it can hit an object 3ftx3ft (roughly).
It has zero kick back and can be fired from the waist.
Its ammunition is made with magnets of some type and electricity?
Anyone?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only gun I can think of that uses magnets and electricity is a rail gun, but they are not small by any means..

Did you dream this up or something? why do you think it exists?

link   
Hmm not sure about that.. But my guess is our Gov.s probably do, and have district 9 type weapons that we don't know about. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if they do.

Deebo

link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Ask the CIA...1000 way's to die (SPIKE tv), or a Storm Trooper

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Microwave Magnetron 1kw or more, waveguid for channeling microwave's, stainless steel screws down the waveguide to cause Microwave Induced Plasma.

Voala, plasma beam (or pulse if pulsed) gun

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
hey.. personally i have never heard of a gun like that other than in sci fi movies and video games... it sounds like a deadly gun but i have never heard of it. try google or youtube they have everything

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Probably in some goverment lab, would be cool if it did exsist. It most likley exsists in some sci-fi movie though

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

No didnt dream it,
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Have no idea what your talking about
but thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
reply to post by moogins

Have no idea what your talking about
but thank you.

Put some stainless steel screws in your microwave and give it a test drive, you will see

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by demontigny
hey.. personally i have never heard of a gun like that other than in sci fi movies and video games... it sounds like a deadly gun but i have never heard of it. try google or youtube they have everything

Well i dont play vid games,i wanted to ask here where there are experts so i didnt have to trawl the net garbage!
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Does it have a shoulder stock?
What type of sighting system does it have?
Is there any writing on it?
Is there a safety? What's that like?

Does it disassemble? What is it made out of?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that something like this is being tested somewhere, but other than that I don't think it actualy get's used by anyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Hmm not sure about that.. But my guess is our Gov.s probably do, and have district 9 type weapons that we don't know about. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if they do.

Deebo

I think your guess would be accurate thus far.What is a district 9 type weapon?
It is a military project however they do disclose new weapons sometimes (20years later :lol
i thought someone may know of it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Gday,am Aussie so dont own a gun like most,dont really even have an interest but was wondering if some experts here may know what iam talking about with this gun iam going to describe to you.
Looking at it,i can only describe it as what seems to be a "storm trooper" gun! It would be a bit longer than a hand gun but not long like a rifle,maybe about the length of a sawn off shot gun.
It fires what i would call an emp or gamma ray type of beam to cause massive cardiac arrest,it is not a laser.
It does not have to be accurately aimed like a bullet,it can hit an object 3ftx3ft (roughly).
It has zero kick back and can be fired from the waist.
Its ammunition is made with magnets of some type and electricity?
Anyone?

Only in the movie Eraser my friend.

TWBU

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Does it have a shoulder stock?
What type of sighting system does it have?
Is there any writing on it?
Is there a safety? What's that like?

Does it disassemble? What is it made out of?

Yes however very slim,it was designed to be shot from the waist to keep vision clear,the marksman does not have to be accurate.
It has no sighting system,point aim fire in general direction of the target,the beam would be quite thibk maybe up to 3ft diameter.
No writing on the gun itself, but extensive documentation on it,pages and pages.
I cannot say if there is a safety,i cannot say if it disassembles.I do not know what it is made of except it is shiny black,not matt black.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

That was a rail gun, meaning a projectile weapon. Not a beam/electricity projecting weapon.

As for the OP. Yes that gun is real. It's called the Arc Caster from Star Wars Battlefront the video games. You get a nice little jump pack too. Not as nice as Boba Fett's. But, you know, the Empire had to cut back a little bit after the death star. Can't be spending all willy nilly like.

In all seriousness, if you really want an answer tell us where you saw/heard about this gun. Being so coy will get you nowhere. You have never been in area 51 and seen a secret weapon so don't try to make people here think you have seen something special. My opinion.
edit on 29-4-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
pics....????

2nd ln

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
pics....????

2nd ln

I think the OP is making things up and playing games. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Second lyne

edit on 29-4-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

Yes it seems like something out of a movie,a storm troopers gun really is what comes to mind.
However this does not shoot lasers,in fact what it shoots there is no trace of,nothing would be seen coming out the end of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join