It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rasmussen Poll: Trump Takes Lead with GOP Voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Link

Donald Trump leads all other potential 2012 Republican presidential candidates in the latest Rasmussen Reports poll of likely GOP primary voters.

The billionaire real estate mogul and reality TV star garnered 19 percent of the vote, just ahead of Mitt Romney with 17 percent. Mike Huckabee collected 15 percent, and Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich were tied with 9 percent.

So I have been doing some research on Donald Trump since the last time I posted about him, which I criticized his severely. I think it is necessary for me to apologize for that sharp criticism and condemn myself for ignorance because I did not even research him.

Since that time I have researched him and was actually pretty happy with what I saw. The Birther issue bothers me a lot because I see it as frivolous and counterproductive but the other issues he speaks about make me tune in. One issue I had always absolutely loved from him was the import tariff on China, never before have I heard anyone speak what absolutely must be done to save our crumbling economy and infrastructure.

Ron Paul doesn’t even talk about that issue, he says the trade with China is great for both of us right now (which made me furious). So I will wait and see what further comes from The Donald, I will keep an open mind.

Either way he is leading the GOP 2012 field right now so his message must resonate with a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No Democrats gonna challenge Obama? Really wierd.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

In more recent times a sitting President isn't always seriously challenged by members of his own party. Note the term seriously as fringe challenges usually always pop up.

Eg: Reagan 1984, Bush 1992, Clinton 1996, W Bush 2004,

It is odd though as very unpopular presidents were challenged: 1968 RFK challenged Johnson. 1976 Reagan challenged Ford. 1980 Ted Kennedy challenged Carter.

Clinton would probably be the only one who could be a serious threat to Obama. She has said she will not run though.

new topics

join