It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*More information Please read all posts before posting* Oil and tectonic plates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was thinking about it a week or so ago and ive been doing some experiments with the Spin Clamps you find in Metalworking plants i placed some Oil on two rocks in a clamp and then applied force in oposite dircetions on oposite sides of the rocks, They Slid apart Slowly but easily without much grinding or Chips of stone falling off. I repeated the experement without Oil and i got alot of chips and one of the rocks event cracked down from where they were touching to the Side of the Clamp. This is showing me that Oil is helping the tectonic plates move around. Well with the posibility that the asians left markers all over there history about fault lines and where not to build that explains why they are not smashed consistantly. The sincronisity of sand and soft sandstone under the ocean, Crude oil keeping the plates conected and allowing for easy movement with the crude oil, and Lava flow under the plates allowing them to Change there place on earth, alot says that No we are not running out of oil or anything but as i once said it may be the difference between *FOR EXAMPLE!* japan having only a 6.0 rather than a 7.0 when they got hit.

*original post* www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
This is showing me that Oil is helping the tectonic plates move around.

Its an idea that I see people mention every now and again. Think I first read it in OMNI magazine back in the 1980's, but the reality is that tectonic plates are THICK. Several hundred miles thick in fact.
We arent extracting oil from anywhere near that depth to affect how they move. Nor the quantity either.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We're not extracting oil from tectonic boundaries and in any case, at that depth, heat and pressure, where even granite is molten, how would oil lubricate anything?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This is showing me that Oil is helping the tectonic plates move around.

wouldn't this require a layer of oil beneath every single plate? Sadly in the world of reality you can't just dig down anywhere and find oil, because it's not everywhere, it's in oil fields and deposits but it's not an entire layer of oil circling the core

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow people you dont read...Syncronisity between the three effects of water lava and oil help them move and us #ing with 2/3 isnt good for earth.

new topics

top topics

join