It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Libya Just Invade Tunisia?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Indeed and the same was said about Saddam wanting to start selling Oil in Euro's before the last Iraq War.

But, as I said, I really don't think Libya was that big of an Oil producer to worry about them switching to some gold back dinar. Libya produces around the same level of Oil per day as the UK (even less now). We'd be far more concerned if Saudi or Russia switched, not Libya..

But, you never know. It is a valid opinion one cannot really prove or disprove at the moment. I am sceptical though, because I wouldn't see it's impact as being that great if they did switch to a gold-backed currency.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well, since Gaddaffis son and grandsons were killed, I believe things are going to get VERY nasty in that region. The gloves are now off.....I expect he will invade Tunisia, and cause trouble in Egypt.

Gaddaffi is going for broke, he knows he will be taken down - but he will plan on taking as many people as he can with him.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Whoops (Mod Delete please)
edit on 1-5-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

There have been rumors that the civil unrest is CIA backed in a plot to destabilize the Middle East and take control of the oil productions in Libya

Do you have links to any theories about this? I don't care how reputable they are, it could be an interesting read whether I believe it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join