It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Did Libya Just Invade Tunisia?

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Did Libya Just Invade Tunisia?


www.zerohedge.com

Sounds crazy but, "Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi crossed into neighbouring Tunisia and fought a gun battle with Tunisian troops in a frontier town as Libya's conflict spilt beyond its borders...Pro-Gaddafi forces fired shells into the town of Dehiba, damaging buildings and injuring at least one resident, and a group of them drove into the town in a truck, local people and a Reuters photographer in the town said. The Libyan government troops were pursuing anti-Gaddafi rebels from the restive Western Mountains region of Libya who fled into Tunisia in the past few days after Gaddafi forces ov
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co. uk




posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is Getting real out of control real fast.i feel this leading up to be what Gerald Celente said the "First Great War of the 21st century"sorry if i didnt quote that correctly.

There have been rumors that the civil unrest is CIA backed in a plot to destabilize the Middle East and take control of the oil productions in Libya

If this is true other countries are going to get involved there are other sources link below that are counting numerous gun battles.this is going to have a snowball effect.

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
They are not attacking them, it is a "kinetic event".



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012
 


This is crazy, First the escaped Afgani prisoners now an *under defenition* invasion of another country by lybia whats next UN declares national fight club day?



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by alchemist2012
 


This is crazy, First the escaped Afgani prisoners now an *under defenition* invasion of another country by lybia whats next UN declares national fight club day?


What is an Afgani and where is lybia?


edit on 29-4-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I dont think they "invaded" Tunisia and are not occupying it. This was a cross-boarder skirmish. Sensationlist journalism at best. If the Mexicans cross the boarder and shoot some folks in Arizona does that mean Mexico just "invaded" the US?



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Afaik they were chasing the rebels, that fled to the Tunisian borders.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont think they "invaded" Tunisia and are not occupying it. This was a cross-boarder skirmish. Sensationlist journalism at best. If the Mexicans cross the boarder and shoot some folks in Arizona does that mean Mexico just "invaded" the US?


Yeah but the article in the telegraph are talking about multiple skirmishes.True they are small but as i stated in my OP if the rumors are true that the Libyan unrest is CIA backed then could this be the next stage of the operation.

And wars have been started over less...right



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How do you guys get invasion from border incursion? Libyan troops crossed the border while chasing rebels. Tunisia lodged a complaint and filed a protest over the violation.

The way some fo you perceive incidents is insane. Its like the incident that occured in Buffalo New York a few years ago. Buffalo Police were involved in a felony pursuit, and the idiot they were pursuing crossed the border into Canada. For omse unkown reason, 3 of the 4 American cops crossed with him, and continued their pursuit through the city of Niagra.

Canadians were pissed because of the violation... And this is the same thing.

A violation of territorial sovereignty - not an invasion.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
NATO must be doing a bang-up job if Libya has enough free time to invade someone while fighting NATO.

The world truly is a stage.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogins
What is an Afgani and where is lybia?


edit on 29-4-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)


Call out a few typos real great, stick to the post. but so you know An Afgani is a typo for Afghani and Lybia is a typo for Libya



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Because unfortunately this site is run rampant by 14 year olds who's only news sources and education are what they read on this board.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Libya lives inbetween Algeria and a small country called Tunisia on one side and Egypt on the other side on the north coast of Africa looking out onto the Mediteranian



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Does this count as a humanitarian effort?
*sigh*
Awww, hell. Lets just invade everyone. I vote Bahamas. They look kinda sneaky. And I need some beach time.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Everyone knocks the MSM but unfortunalely if there were an invasion of Tunisia by Libya, you would have to wait to see it there for it to be true. I definitely wouldnt trust it because i saw it on this site as we have just proven this thread false. I'd say about 1 in every 10 topics on this board is legit-at least in the way the OP's intend to portray said topics.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


All it takes is Gadaffi to say the wrong thing and the nieghbors are involved its like fighting with a spouse at 12 am and someone going "hey my kid is asleep and its sunday!" and you going "Screw you!" that guysgonna get involved, also if he is considered a tyrant, if hitler even steped foot in another country they considered that he was thinking of invading them! so many difrent things that could happen or not happen that we cant say for sure if it wont turn into an invasion of that town so rebels cant come back or go out that way. SOOO many posibilitys



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
How do you guys get invasion from border incursion? Libyan troops crossed the border while chasing rebels. Tunisia lodged a complaint and filed a protest over the violation.

The way some fo you perceive incidents is insane. Its like the incident that occured in Buffalo New York a few years ago. Buffalo Police were involved in a felony pursuit, and the idiot they were pursuing crossed the border into Canada. For omse unkown reason, 3 of the 4 American cops crossed with him, and continued their pursuit through the city of Niagra.

Canadians were pissed because of the violation... And this is the same thing.

A violation of territorial sovereignty - not an invasion.




Its not my headline Email zero hedge I just posted the article Verbatim



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It all started from protests, which were stirred up from facebook groups. Would it be hard to believe that someone (US) had this planned out? Get people wild up and watch the rest fall into place.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


OP didnt try to pass anything off as i stated I only posted the article verbatim form zero hedge if you want to blame some one for fearmongering please direct all emails and complaints to zero hedge and the telegraph uk my good man;



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join