It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump DODGED the Draft (and lied about it)!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This guy Donald [snip] never ceases to amaze me.

"I actually got lucky because I had a very high draft number. I'll never forget, that was an amazing period of time in my life," the reality TV star and billionaire real estate developer said in a TV interview on Tuesday.

"I was going to the Wharton School of Finance, and I was watching as they did the draft numbers and I got a very, very high number and those numbers never got up to," said The Donald, neglecting to utter the word "deferment."

Source (NY Daily News)

In fact, the December 1969 draft lottery occurred about 18 months after Trump graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, where he studied business at the Wharton School. So, while claiming that he would “never forget” being at Wharton watching the draft numbers being drawn, the 64-year-old Trump seems to have misremembered, as candidates are fond of saying.

Source (The Smoking Gun)

How can this guy go on a war path over a birth certificate when he KNOWS he has his own skeletons in his closet? Did he really believe that he could run for President of the United States without anyone doing any digging into his background? This leads me to believe that these shenanigans are all just a gimmick but what are they trying to distract us from? Imagine if the public got a hold of [snip] financial records, Oh My!!

It turns out that [snip] requested (and received) four (4) student deferments and one (1) medical deferment according to military records on file with the National Archives and Records Administration. Acorrding to [snip] Selective (service) Classification Records he received four (4) 2S student deferments and eventually ended up with a 1-Y classification, which was given to men deemed qualified for military service “only in time of national emergency” which then switched to a 4F classification which means he wasn't qualified for military service.

Trump was only eligible to be drafted when he had a 1-A classification which he only had twice, once for three (3) weeks and another time for three (3) months!!

edit on 4/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: Trump was only eligible to be drafted when he had a 1-A classification which he only had twice, once for three (3) weeks and another time for three (3) months!!

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

edit on 29-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: Snipped name

edit on Fri Apr 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: [ex] quote tags needed

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

You are just jealous because you don't have the means or friends to dodge the draft.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How does this show that he dodged the draft?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

You are just jealous because you don't have the means or friends to dodge the draft.

Im not jealous, i just believe the President should NEVER send anyone to war when he himself is scared to go.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Donald Trump would be a bum on the side of the road had he not been born to billions. I would not doubt Trum dodged the draft

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
How does this show that he dodged the draft?

When you do anything in your means to avoid something it is refered to as "Dodging"

dodge |däj|
verb [ trans. ]
1 avoid (someone or something) by a sudden quick movement : we ducked inside our doorway to dodge shrapnel that was raining down.
• [ intrans. ] move quickly to one side or out of the way : Adam dodged between the cars.
• avoid (something) in a cunning or dishonest way : he went after people who had either dodged the war or invented a record in it.

I got that definition from The New Oxford American Dictionary

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, this maybe great news.

He's got a large portion of Reps already and with this revelation he should
be an absolute shoe-in for the Dems.

They love those Draft Dodgers. Watch out Obama.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well at least Trump has a "Birth Certificate"...

I'm sorry...I could not resist.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Where does it say he was scared... looking at his back account I would say that he was just smarter than a load of "patriotic idiots" that died over a war that never should've been fought to begin with.

Presidents don't send people to war, people choose to go to war and use that as an excuse to feel cleaner once they have nightmares of them killing civilians.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Lol I know what dodge is. I didn't read the articles before I posted, I only read what you wrote and quoted.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the info OP. It's obvious this guy has major problems keeping up with his own BS. A few simple searches on google = hours worth of lies

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would like to post some quotes from wikipedia

It is possible to draw a contrast between draft evasion and draft avoidance. Just as tax avoidance is defined as reducing or eliminating one's tax liability through legal means, draft avoidance is the elimination or mitigation of a potential conscript's military service obligation through some lawful procedure. The term draft dodging is sometimes used more loosely (and to some inappropriately) to describe draft avoidance. Some means of draft avoidance:

Seeking excusal from military service due to health reasons - this would be considered evasion if the purported health issue was feigned or overstated.

Seeking and receiving a student deferment as in the cases of Bill Clinton, Joe Biden and Dick Cheney. This would be considered evasion if false or misleading academic credentials were used.

Source (wikipedia)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

The people choose to go to war... Is that the way it works? I always wondered.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The point of this thread is to show undisputed FACTS that Donald Trump is a bold faced liar, he's only out for money and fame, if you even CONSIDER him to be a presidential contender you need to get your head checked. This is just one of MANY revelations that can redly be disclosed about Donald Trump but yet after three years all he can talk about is a birth certificate and grades. Im sure we have all heard about "casting first stones" and "glass houses".

Why would anyone even entertain this distraction is beyond me. With that said.... I DVR Celebrity Apprentice every week and i never have but would LOVE to spend the night in a Trump hotel or live in a Trump building. Would i want Donald Trump to be my President....... eeh, not so much!!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

If it weren't for the "patriotic idiots" in my family and the families of countless others you wouldn't have the freedom to dissent on topics.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters

Where does it say he was scared... looking at his back account I would say that he was just smarter than a load of "patriotic idiots" that died over a war that never should've been fought to begin with.

Presidents don't send people to war, people choose to go to war and use that as an excuse to feel cleaner once they have nightmares of them killing civilians.

I'm almost too furious to reply to this. You do know what the draft was, don't you? Or do you? In case you don't, it's where the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces (otherwise known as the President) had the power to conscript people to be used as cannon-fodder in wars--whether declared or undeclared. The options for most of those so "drafted" are not many--generally either prison or escape to another country. To many of us the prospect of facing death was preferable to the humiliation of imprisonment in our own country; to some escape to Canada (mainly) or elsewhere was preferable. None of these were good choices.

I don't deny that a number of misguided "patriots" joined of their own volition--but I don't think that's quite the point you were trying to make....
edit on 29-4-2011 by Ex_CT2 because: Grammar check.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I call BS, I was born with inalienable rights. No man gave me my freedom and no man can take it away. Do you really think fighting and dieing for the rulers of a country is what makes us free?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh gawd, someone that didn't want to go to a war that the US only entered due to a false flag attack..
A war that the US had no reason to be in..
A war that killed many young sons for NO good reason..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by special characters

I'm sorry. I responded to the wrong poster. Let me try again.

I'm almost too furious to reply to this. You do know what the draft was, don't you? Or do you? In case you don't, it's where the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces (otherwise known as the President) had the power to conscript people to be used as cannon-fodder in wars--whether declared or undeclared. The options for most of those so "drafted" are not many--generally either prison or escape to another country. To many of us the prospect of facing death was preferable to the humiliation of imprisonment in our own country; to some escape to Canada (mainly) or elsewhere was preferable. None of these were good choices.

I don't deny that a number of misguided "patriots" joined of their own volition--but I don't think that's quite the point you were trying to make....

edit on 29-4-2011 by Ex_CT2 because: DAMN!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Are you kidding? Are you blind? Your rights are alienable at any given moment at any given time. Rights are abstract and exist only in paper form. All it would take is for an invading country to take them away as seen innumerable times in history. The reason why the USA doesn't get invaded is because of their formidable and fortified military force. It is as simple as that.

ETA: What gives life to documents like the Constitution AND the Declaration of Independence AND formalizes the ability to exercise rights is solely from the soldiers of the past dying for it.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join