It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Development - "Guns Are In Again"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
my local walmart doesnt sell guns they use to the only thing they have now is a little ammo and a little paintball crap,

i am not so sure my local walmart will start selling them.

the irony is those guns will be one of the few american made items they sell anymore.

love to get my hands on a mossberg 590.

altho i hate going to walmart the home of cheap crap.
edit on 29-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I for one welcome this move by wally world. taking a pro gun stance is exactly what we need.

Secondly, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to not sell a gun to a person if the NICS cannot be determined.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree. I know NRA was not too happy about this new decision of
Wally World, but personally I don't have any problems with it, and think that as an association,
NRA should look at the more important recent decision that this retailer has made to expand which is of greater significance to NRA members/gun owners in the USA.

edit on 4/29/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Well it's a business decision.

The NRA, nor anyone of us has any right to tell wally world how they would handle such a situation.
edit on 29-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by Skewed
I wonder if they will sell American made guns like Colt, Remington, Smith & Wesson, or will they be selling cheap ass knock offs made in China.

They sell American made rifles & shotguns. I purchased a "Henry" 22 from them a few years back. One of the best American made rifles I have ever owned.

Source: www.henryrepeating.com...

The significance of this thread is more about the world largest retailer deciding to get back into the gun sales business on a nationwide basis, regardless of whether or not anyone likes Walmart; they are taking a pro-gun position. I shop there occasionally but am not a big fan of theirs, and actually prefer Target overall. I am sure that anti-gun activists everywhere are, or will be having fits over this news.......

edit on 4/29/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

I think it is more of a 'pro money stance' than anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

Nothing wrong with that either. I'm pro money too. lol.

I'm just glad they are taking a more welcoming stance on gun owners.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by manta78

Well it's a business decision.

The NRA, nor anyone of us has any right to tell wally world how they would handle such a situation.
edit on 29-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Oh yes we do have that right. And we can exercise it by voting with our wallets, and letting corporations know exactly why we aren't patronizing them

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Not arguing that.

I'm just saying we don't have the right to tell, out right, the leadership of Wally world what they will and will not sell.

Indeed, we don't have to buy there either and in large enough numbers that MIGHT make a difference.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join