It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take care of Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thats right Mr. President and Congress. You need to rebuild all the homes and buildings and infrastructure destroyed in Alabama and other states. Where to get the money? Divert money alloted for Iraq, Afganistan, Haiti, Japan and were ever else you are spending our tax dollars and rebuild these poor peoples homes.

Keep American's first! Why? Becasue this is America ya idiots. Cancel teh money going to Pakistan or where ever else you are blowing our tax dollars and help our brothers and sisters in Alabama.

Failure on your part to do this should be criminal.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Government should help, no doubt. Medical, temporary housing, any of that. But rebuild their homes? I'd hate to see the same type of Katrina-style approach there. Hell, left to he government and they are STILL recovering. Left to the government, the WTC's are still just big holes in the ground.

Government should help, but don't let government get in the way of private business that wants to help as well. It'll probably go quicker.

Prayers and wishes for a fast recovery go without saying.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

All I am saying is if we can rebuild other nations our own people should not have to suffer. Use the money going to Afganistan to rebuild Alabama with priavate buisness. Insurance companies are not going to help the uninsured. Some things rise above the private buisness vs big gov issues. We need to take care of our own if we can take care of the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Agreed. We need to ignore partisan issues as well when crisis like this occur. I just hope for a fast recovery is all.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I agree, America first, hope you and yours are ok

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Im doing great. Live in Florida away from the storms that occured. I just see the survivors on TV and it bothers me none has told them they will once again have a home or place to live.

I've seen from personal experience how much we blow overseas. In cases like this the construction crews should already be working IMO.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
no alabama should take care of alabama

keep waiting on the fed who couldn't even get water to the dome after katrina.

alabamans they are your neighbors,brothers,sisters,husbands,wives, and your children.

you know what you need and you know what to do.

take care of yourselves.

yeah its bad no doubt but asking and getting are two different things.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The federal government should not get involved with the crisis in Alabama. The people across America should come together to help Alabama along with the local and state government, charities, churches, private business, and the good will of the people.

All the people in and around Tuscaloosa should open their doors to help their fellow man. Invite them in, feed them, and provide them with shelter. Don’t be stingy, help these people. We don’t want nor need government to step in.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am Canadian but I agree with the OP 100% here, as in if the Government can afford to do 3 wars at once surely they can help the people of Alabama in this time of great need.
How simple can it be here? Your people are hurting big time you better get off your ass and help them.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 29-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join