It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge says go ahead, blow up that levee!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

As much as I appreciate your value of human life (our most precious resource), the cost would be less to have wiped Cairo off the map and built a BRAND NEW cairo up the hill, whwere they had been planning on moving portions of the city. New construction is a much better investment than repairing decaying structures, and all of the good people of Cairo could have been evacuated and moved to a safe place before the flooding. See the problem now is that the farmland in southern Missouri is destroyed for at least 3 - 5 years! One acre of crops from the area was estimated to be between $4,000 and $6,000, times 130,000 that is $520,000,000 to $780,000,000 a year in lost production and food. Times that by the minimum of 3 years (remember, they are saying up to half of this land may not be farm-able EVER again) and you are looking at BILLIONS of dollars. I hate to say it, but we would have done a better service to the people of Cairo by letting there homes be demolished and building a new town (and homes!) for them on higher ground using federal tax payer funds.Would have created a brand new local economy for them too.

The race card really should have nothing to do with it, this is all logistics. But that's just my two cents.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is a plan for land grab the the government, follow the money trail somebody has pay handsomely for the government officials to do this against the farmers.

Farmers produce food, the littler town is a hog of welfare at the expenses of tax payer, they are really in need of a good start with a brand new town.

Now farmers can not produce anything but the small welfare town still will need their money.

Sad actually, but it is a land grab what is going on behind the scenes, I am sure the banks are getting ready with probably monsanto (already owning land in the area) ready to give them a good offer.

<< 1   >>

join