It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: WikiLeaks Revelations Only Tip of Iceberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
A new interview will be released monday via RT News. Click here for a preview.

Assange claims the data released by WikiLeaks is not even the most important and calls on people not to believe that the information they receive from the media is all that is happening.

Now I know there are many theories about Assange's intentions, and who he may be working with or for. I for one think that something stinks. If you truly were all for exposing the worlds governments secrets, why not just release everything you have?

Anyway, for those of you following the Wikileaks story, I thought this might interest you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
A new interview will be released monday via RT News. Click here for a preview.

Assange claims the data released by WikiLeaks is not even the most important and calls on people not to believe that the information they receive from the media is all that is happening.

Now I know there are many theories about Assange's intentions, and who he may be working with or for. I for one think that something stinks. If you truly were all for exposing the worlds governments secrets, why not just release everything you have?

Anyway, for those of you following the Wikileaks story, I thought this might interest you.

He's been quite clear on why before.. and his method seems to work quite well .. he's stated that he didn't want to release everything at once because he feared it wouldn't give all of the finer points the proper attention they deserve.. if he released a mountain of files, media would flock to the largest stories and the other important, though less major details would be in the shadow.. so he's decided to release it in chunks so that attention is paid to everything properly ..

I think it's a brilliant way of handling it so that everything gets looked at in the right light and with the proper scrutiny .. it sucks for those that "want it and want it now!" as veruca salt might say ( willy wonka reference )

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think he WAS holding out in order to get maximum exposure... unfortunately, he didn't count on how willing governments are to break their own rules, and how little power citizens have to protect their own. He wanted to be famous, not a martyr, and now he's hoping to use the threat of more embarrassing exposure to keep himself safe. Guess what? It's not going to happen. The best thing for him would have been to release all of it at once. As soon as the powers that be think enough people don't care to make a safe move, Mr. Assange will have a little accident, or just vanish forever.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He's also holding some back as an insurance policy.

Don't forget he has already had trumped up charges aimed at his via the Swedish judicial system and I am sure that there will be a number of other charges aimed at him once more information is released.

I wonder if they will release any information relating to U.F.O's on this occasion?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
JUST TAKE opps caps just take ats for an example
20020020202020's of threads about the same stuff

u let one story out at the right time and it will equal those 20020002020202's threads

hes not working for anyone , its just that we only see thru the same media glasses so therefore we will eventually have the same eyes

wikileaks is worthwhile
we are in an age that stuff gets thrown away quicker then we can use it

"So we carried all the groceries in
While hauling out the trash
And if this doesn't make us motionless
I do not know what can"

modest mouse- spitting venom, you might know this band thru listening to lupe fiasco ha ha ha

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Right, but I've also seen discussions for other theories, that kind of make some logical sense to me. Such as Boon's report on the George Soros connection.

Either way, I'm not 100% convinced one way or another about the intentions of Wikileaks. Hopefully down the line it will be apparent and the matter can be laid to rest. For now, it seems to be good fodder for conspiracy theories.

I look forward to the whole interview on Monday.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
That Boon thread is pure disinfo to distract people from the real issue of governments and leaders totally raping us like how priests rape little boys.

This will not end until the Nazi Satan-worshipping child-raping pedophiles inside the Pentagon who have orchestrated and perpetuated this economy of war.

It really does make sense that this is only the tip of the iceberg as the Western leaders have not been overthrown yet.

Timing is everything, and word has it, Wikileaks is in possession of 'intercepted email' that will topple most Western governments. Bring them on I say!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Your avatar is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Oh goodie.. I lost track of time.. Are we back to the usual 3-4 month delay BS already? Drops from the media, reappears a few months later with another big promise he will not follow through, all the while asking for money / donations for his legal defense and to keep wikileaks operating.

People are so hooked on what scam the government is supposedly running, while ignoring the fact they are being scammed by wikileaks.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They should work as anonymous and not have a human figurehead to get courtnapped

He is just PR for Wikileaks, not that that is a bad thing. But let's not lose sight of the fact that is what he is. Is is "not" wikileaks, he is a PR mascot currently. Do not let his "demise" equate to the demise of WikiLeaks. Pick a new PR / Mascot / Board / Brand etc etc.

But keep pushing out the info.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Lighterside

Oh goodie.. I lost track of time.. Are we back to the usual 3-4 month delay BS already? Drops from the media, reappears a few months later with another big promise he will not follow through, all the while asking for money / donations for his legal defense and to keep wikileaks operating.

Actually you probably should follow the leaks. He has always followed through. And we already knew about the process. All cables must be checked before release.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Which bank did he bring down?
When did he release the swiss bank documents?
When did he release files that would force the end of the war in Iraq / Afghanistan?

All he has done is profit from the theft and distribution of items that didnt belong to him. Ironically enough, its what people accuse the US Government of doing.

If he has damining evidence then present it. Dont hide it under 400k other documents that are irrelevant in a massive dump.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm repeating myself but the process takes time. JA doesn't have an army of magical farries that go through a million documents per day like you would apparently imagine.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

When magical faeries are in my head, they're usually not doing filing work.

For a bit there, I almost thought you was trollin', but I see now why you're repeating yourself.

edit on 29-4-2011 by Lighterside because: correct muself

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I know he doesnt... He tried to blackmail the Pentagon into providing those people for him.

What I am pointing out is every few months, when he drops out of the news cycles, he holds a press conference and promises something big, then asks for donations to aid his legal fund, then drops out of the limelight again.

He made all the hooplaabout the bank of America info, and in the end, when the deadline passed that he set for release, he was asked about it. His response - I didnt actually go through the information yet.

If you didnt go through the info, why hype it up? To me it was another way to dangle the carrot in order to get more donations. I know people disagree with this and thats fine. What I ask, is that people go back and look at the news cycle he creates, look at the time inbetween press conferences, what he promises, then what he asks after making those promises.

If you have damning information, and your stated goal is to expose that information and the people involved, that is what one expects. Not to hear the words, then have to sift through 200k irrelevant documents to find out what the hell he is talking about.

He promises the big stories, makes you buy his paper to read about them, only to find the article instead talks about who won 4th place at the local 4H convention. At the end of the article it tells you to stay tuned for the next release, which will be bigger than the first.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Can you provide the evidence for the blackmail attempt on the pentagon. That would be great if you could.

You seem to have a lot of posts on here, so I guess you are not trolling, but evidence to back up would be great.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I try not to troll, however this topic irritates me to no end. I have no issues with legitimate whistle blowing activities. I do have issues when wikileaks claims it wants expose corruption, yet does the complete opposite. People disagree with me on that sentiment and thats fine. Im not looking to start an argument to derail the thread, but did want to put my 2 cents in.

DailyBeast - This is the article where Assange asked the Pentagon for help going through the files. He also admits the reason for the request was because he felt they placed Afghan civilians in danger in the first dump because not all the names were redacted.

The Pentagon on the other hand claims they were never approached by Assange or wikileaks.

Also, to add to the list of threats Assange has made. He stated that if an attempt was made to knock wikileaks off the net, the insurance file would be released.

Im not challenging him to do so. I am just pointing out that he makes claims and fails to follow through and produce. This is why I think he is milking this for money and nothing else.

Here is some more info on the Pentagon - Assange exchange.
Salon

I am not a fan of using Salon as a source, however their article cites information from an AP article that is no longer available (im not ognna pay for the archive).

EDIt TO ADD - The salon article goes on to state that the White House says they were not approcahed by Wikileaks. Some conflicting information.

Ill dig around and find the articles talking about this.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just saying...if anyone comes across a few leaked TEPCO internal executive e-mails, documents, blueprints (other than reactor 1 - that was already leaked) between them, the Japan government, the U.S. government, the EPA and a few other suspects who are controlling their own crime scene...give us a head's up. It's kind of important. Actually lives depend on it. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Please post here.

a.k.a. Japan nuclear emergency at Fukushima.
edit on 29-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

This is on topic. Japan was warned about Fukushima safety.

Here's a linky

reply to post by Xcathdra

Where's this deadline? Link please.

[Edit to add] Blackmail? Seriously? He courteysly asked if Pentagon want's to go through the cables together. They declined. Seriously quit it already.
edit on 29/4/2011 by PsykoOps because: added

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Before chastising me, maybe you should go back and actually read my entire post. I made corrections to my origonal statements.

However, the pentagon issue asid4e, since assange is saying one thing, the white house is agreeing with assange, and the pentagton is saying they both are wrong, he has failed in his other promises...

He didnt stop the war
He didnt expose any wrong doing wiht Gitmo
He didnt end the Iraq war
He didnt end the Afghan war
He didnt bring down a major bank
He claims he wants transparency, only to threaten to sue the Guardian because they had all the wiki files leaked to them, and assange threw a fit, saying he owned those files, and if they printed them he would suffer financial hardship.

In this case, Assange would be Charlie sheen, and his followers are the audience in detroit.

You guys stand up and say -
"This is bull#, I want my money back"

Assange looks at you and says
"I already got your money dude".

Also, if you go back and google assange, you will see a list of headlines from various points in time where he makes promises of a major release, only to have nothing occur. look at the time between the announcements.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join