It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico on Fire.. Rare Fire Tornado filmed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No the world is not too focused on anything. The news isn't reporting REAL NEWS. And the rare tornados, like the ones in the South ARE HAARP. And Fukushima. BP is theirs too. And the news doesn't report it. The news doesn't report anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I saw a fire tornado once, It was a breathtaking sight. It was in Oklahoma about 16 years ago, the park was partially ablaze because of a terrible drought and was having wild fires marching all over. A couple of little trees came ablaze and it erupted a fire tornado.
Not many people can say they have seen one.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just checked the RSOE EDIS site to see if they mention anything relevant, but nothing, except a Texas fire on the 22nd of April, which I can't know whether is relevant or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

All I can find are these few bits.. One of which should have raised some alarm bells, but it would seem that this is definitely being kept quiet..

Mexican authorities have sent warnings to Washington over two wildfires in one of its northern states that are raging near the Texas border. Flames have spread over nearly 245,000 acres (99,000 hectares) of the northern state of Coahuila, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday. The country has urged the US and Canada to help put out the fire, which is raging about 60 miles (100 kilometers) from the US border. The fires broke out in late March, reportedly after a lightning strike. Strong winds helped spread the flames.

www.presstv.ir...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8af451f0aeb5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8886f351846c.jpg[/atsimg]

These images, taken by the Landsat-5 satellite on April 9, 2011, illustrate the challenges facing firefighters combating two large wildfires in northern Mexico’s Coahuila state. The fires are burning on steep mountain slopes that are difficult to impossible for ground crews to reach. The top image shows dense plumes of smoke blowing northeast on strong winds.

The lower image, which includes both infrared and visible light, provides a view through the smoke to the freshly burned terrain. The fires, called El Bonito and La Sabina, were caused by lightning strikes in mid-March and had burned 99,000 hectares (245,000 acres or 380 square miles) as of April 11. The fires are among the largest in Mexico’s history, according to news reports. The burned land is brick red in the lower image. Hot areas glow orange in infrared light, revealing the active fire front on the south and west sides of the burned area. (The orange horizontal stripes are satellite sensor artifacts.)

The fires are burning mostly grass and shrub land, ecosystems that are adapted to fire, says the Comisión Nacional Forestal (CONAFOR, Mexico’s National Forest Service). Lack of winter rain and frost left the plants dry and prone to fire. On top of that, the area has not burned for more than 20 years, during which time fuel built up. Thunderstorms and steady strong winds with gusts up to 70 miles per hour completed the formula for a dangerous, fast-moving wildfire. As of April 11, the fire-prone vegetation, inaccessible terrain, and strong winds had thwarted 900 firefighters working to control the fires, said CONAFOR. On April 11, a Boeing 747 tanker and three helicopters from the United States joined nine helicopters in fighting the fires.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Two wild fires burning in Mexico west of Nogales were responsible for a haze settling over the Sierra Vista area Thursday. The Bull Fire, located about three miles south of the U.S. border, has burned about 2,000 acres, according to the Coronado National Forest Service. The fire is located about one mile east of the similarly sized Pena Fire, which began March 12. Dozens of forest service firefighters are assisting Mexican crews to tie the newer Bull Fire into the areas already charred by the Pena fire in order to minimize further growth.

www.svherald.com...

Mexican authorities may order residents to leave communities in the drought-stricken northern state of Coahuila, where ongoing wildfires have already scorched 249,000 hectares (614,814 acres), the country's Semarnat environmental agency said Thursday. Some 1,500 ground personnel and 25 aircraft are currently battling eight active fires in the state, which borders Texas. One of those blazes is threatening the highland town of Arteaga, contiguous to the municipality of Galeana in the neighboring state of Nuevo Leon. Authorities are now considering whether to order evacuations from four agricultural settlements and the Monterreal ski resort, Semarnat said.
www.latino.foxnews.com...

Perhaps these possible evacuations are what is now starting to get the news out.. the last two reports I just posted above are withing the last 24 hours.. but these fires, or at least some of them, have been burning for around a month now..

So, there is news about this out there, but not as much as some other parts of weather/fire torn areas are getting.. Many of us are hearing about this for the very first time..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Just WoW!

And you the hear the people screaming? I would have too, a tornado alone is scary but but 1 filled with fire

I hope those fires can get under control, the map looked like half the country was burning...

So was it caused by a tornado starting over the brush fires or is this just something we really havent seen before?

What i have learned is that if a fire is big enough it will create its own weather including, tornado's, and lighting. no rain of course as its a fire.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
that is amazing. wow.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'll be honest I had no clue either, noone did.
Alot of fires burning there though, looked like over 30...
Fire tornadoe was bada** haha.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow, never seen a 'fire tornado' here, in film or otherwise. And also surprised that the news has not mentioned it, or so it seems.

After a quick google search in the news tab though, it seems that our air force has been assisting Mexico with these fires... To what degree I am not certain, but do recall seeing one news article mention 30 reservists and 2 cargo planes have been sent to help around April 18th. Oh, just found that article again.
U.S. planes help fight big fire in Mexico

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

That's the crazy thing though isn't it... almost nothing mentioned.. just a few small bits about some planes giving a helping hand..
Nothing on the ongoing troubles that Mexico is currently going through... You'd imagine an almost running commentary from the MSM if this was the USA or some other major league player..

It seems that because it is Mexico, who cares.. Why would anyone bother reporting on all the fires and destruction unless it affected the so called "criminal" drug gangs.. Now that would be news worth reporting.. or at least twisting into some form of money raking...

But natural fires?
No chance.. give a snippit of info to say somebody is trying to help then sweep it under that carpet and hope there's enough fire retardant ...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by Sek82

That's the crazy thing though isn't it... almost nothing mentioned.. just a few small bits about some planes giving a helping hand..
Nothing on the ongoing troubles that Mexico is currently going through... You'd imagine an almost running commentary from the MSM if this was the USA or some other major league player..

It seems that because it is Mexico, who cares.. Why would anyone bother reporting on all the fires and destruction unless it affected the so called "criminal" drug gangs.. Now that would be news worth reporting.. or at least twisting into some form of money raking...

But natural fires?
No chance.. give a snippit of info to say somebody is trying to help then sweep it under that carpet and hope there's enough fire retardant ...
is it realy that big of a deal? its not thretening homes no one has died. it looks awesome but thats not big news lots of cool phenomena goes unreported.

the screaming in the vid sounds more like whooping like people do at exciteing things

the drug gang are not criminals?

not natural? please explane why you say this
edit on 29/4/11 by Aceofclubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you for posting this. Another shining example of why I love ATS. I had no idea Mexico was on fire, nor would I had I not stumbled across this thread. I did know about Texas, but since that's in the U.S. I guess they (MSM) felt Mexico wasn't worth reporting on.

Come to think of it, ATS is also where I found out about the fires in Russia last year. A huge chunk of that country was engulfed in flames, bigger fires all over the place than had been reported pretty much ever in Russia. At one point you couldn't even make out Moscow.
Yet very little main stream coverage on that one.

Lol, anyway S&F!
edit on 29-4-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

What i have learned is that if a fire is big enough it will create its own weather including, tornado's, and lighting. no rain of course as its a fire.

Very very interesting, did not know that, will have to look that up, thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And THAT, my friends, is how Bible stories get written. That's probably one of the most epic things I've seen in a while. Its a shame that things like Royal Weddings get in the way of real new like this.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's beautiful...

Wish there was more footage of it though, and in HD...On another note...I can also say that I haven't heard anything about the fires in Mexico.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No the world is not too focused on anything. The news isn't reporting REAL NEWS. And the rare tornados, like the ones in the South ARE HAARP. And Fukushima. BP is theirs too. And the news doesn't report it. The news doesn't report anything.

I agree on the news not reporting anything, as big as this fire has spread, a good majority of us shouldve known but are you really saying haarp did the tornados, fukushima AND Bp?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
first this is nothing weird, everyone in Mexico knows that in about these months the south of mexico gets on fire, second how that person from sierra vista claims they see smoke.... im at the border in nogales arizona so that means i can go to sonora,mexico too and there's no fire there. what some mexicans do is that they burn some plants at mountains or whatever but nothing serious, is not out of control like on the south. in my opinion the person who did this video is just being an attention wh*re.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Enoch said the end this time would be fire, I think

wow
I guess the Americans Christians don't want to admit
that the Mexican Christians
are getting the REALLY good wrath of god stuff
while they are just getting...
ho hum
regular tornadoes...
of course the athiests don't even want to admit there is such a thing as wrath of god...

It is more difficult to garner aide when competing against a spectacle like a fire tornado

You know I'm pretty sure everyone experiencing tornadoes right now would actually rather not have any ripping their homes apart. I don't think anyone would really want "wrath of god stuff" ("REALLY" good or not). I also personally think that it would be easier to believe that the "wrath of god" is causing horrible storms but, the terrible truth is that there is no wrath of god these people did nothing to deserve it and yet still had to suffer. That to me is actually much harder to think. I almost think it would be easier and more comforting to believe it's happening for a reason.

The fire tornadoe would be pretty spectacular to see though.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Nothing noted here

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The fire in Texas is said to burned over 1 million acres of land.

Just to keep it in perspective.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As a press photographer I've covered lots of fires and have never seen one do that! Impressive.... S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join