It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Conscription - Would You Fight?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

In my opinion, if your government tells you that an invasion is imminent, given their past history of scare tactics ("We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight 'em over here" and so on). It's happend many times. Know anything about the Cold War? It seems to me that some people stood to profit from the paranoia. I mean, they killed Kennedy not even 2 months after he stated that he wanted peace talks with Russia. In my mind, Russia was not the aggressor back then and Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Libya are not the aggressors now. If the gov't tells you that we have to invade Iran because they supposedly uncovered some plans of a NBC (Nuke, Bio, Chem) nature, I say don't trust a damn word they say as they are NOT honest in the way they conduct themselves. I think that much should be crystal clear by now lol.

edit on 5/5/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

No way. Government can fail as far as I am concerned. I would fight for my friends and family and that's it. Govt can shove it

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone

Originally posted by mbartelsm

I'd fight. If WW3 started and the volunteer or draft age was raised, I'd fight.

Look at it this way. What else are you going to do?

You gonna sit around and armchair quarterback? Gonna complain the whole time? Gonna hoard supplies and hide in the hills if there really is a global conflict? I'd rather just get my game face on and go do my best. Better than dying of cancer, or a car crash, or some unseen poison in your tv dinner.

I don't know you, but my life is worth more than a stupid conflict caused by money (lets face it, the reason is always money)

Yes I agree, but you can't outrun things like that. You can't really hide from them. You can try to ignore them, but it's folly to think you can isolate yourself from it and not be either part of the solution or part of the problem.

It is entirely possible that you could be the cause for the saving of lives. Some unique skill or ability or insight you have at a critical moment could make the difference.

Why hide from that.

Under your attitude we should all do our best to hide from the world as it is right now, since as a fact, "it's all just about money" anyway right?

But I AM being part of the solution, the best I can do is not to kill

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You gonna sit around and armchair quarterback? Gonna complain the whole time? Gonna hoard supplies and hide in the hills if there really is a global conflict? I'd rather just get my game face on and go do my best. Better than dying of cancer, or a car crash, or some unseen poison in your tv dinner.

I don't know you, but my life is worth more than a stupid conflict caused by money (lets face it, the reason is always money)

Yes I agree, but you can't outrun things like that. You can't really hide from them. You can try to ignore them, but it's folly to think you can isolate yourself from it and not be either part of the solution or part of the problem.

It is entirely possible that you could be the cause for the saving of lives. Some unique skill or ability or insight you have at a critical moment could make the difference.

Why hide from that.

Under your attitude we should all do our best to hide from the world as it is right now, since as a fact, "it's all just about money" anyway right?

I can respect your point of view on that issue. But I can't agree with it. It's just one of those things I guess.

Just remember the number of people who have already and will in the future, fight and die so that you have the freedom to make that choice for yourself.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Butterbone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why hide from that.

I can respect your point of view on that issue. But I can't agree with it. It's just one of those things I guess.

Just remember the number of people who have already and will in the future, fight and die so that you have the freedom to make that choice for yourself.

I guess you are right, is one of those thing we will never agree, I will NEVER take a life unless it directly threatens my loved ones
Also, Its not that I wouldn't want to fight for my freedom, is that I wouldn't fight for the morons behind their desks giving me orders
edit on 6/5/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am totally against violence. But, if I were forced into a position by the satanists,

I would rather die, I would rather take my own life than agree to fight for these evil gangster politicians.
edit on 6-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The only way to end war is to stop fighting wars.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No, not for a gubment.

For the country and the people, certainly, without question.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

All the wars of the past have NEVER brought peace. We are NOT free, we're slaves. With every war we are more enslaved.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
put into that position, I would decline. giving myself as fodder for an enemy machine gun or bomb in the name of my government and end up on some plaque is the last thing I want to acheive in life.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hell to the no.

Gotta find us, gov.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It would be, in essence, involuntary servitude that could possibly lead me to my death. I would not go, and I would challenge its constitutionality if I was given any flak.

If a government leads its people into a war that is so unpopular that there are not enough volunteers to fight and it needs to invoke a draft, it should take the hint and get the hell out of the war.

My two cents.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Made that mistake long ago when was young and stupid..
NEVER AGAIN - No damn government or leader in the world worth fighting or dying for..
Let the corrupt, psychotic bastards who think they're leaders fight each other.. Let the regular people get on with life and live in peace after the idiots kill each other off..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What I would, or would not do....is not up for public consumption.

How easily it is, for agency's to build a profile of a person that just 'Puts It All Out There'

Just a warning.
* Privacy is your Best friend........run silent, run deep *

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
only when my country invaded by others ,yes
for my goverment, no.
edit on 8-5-2011 by lalande 21185 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join