It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Conscription - Would You Fight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I was thinking recently about conscription and how it successful it would be today.I want to see how many ATS members would willingly fight for their government.

Would you?

And under what circumstances?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I would not fight for my government. (hindsight is 20/20)
I would damn well fight for my people though.
It's one of the few things I'm good at, but it means
nothing to me if I don't have a good reason.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I signed up years ago to do my stint, done 3 years not one TOD then got crohn's disease and had to be discharged.

I will never again sign up or do the draft to fight for the UK ever again after having my eyes opened to the real agenda. This is not to say i do not respect the toops, my brother, mom works for and in the army , my dad is x-navy my uncle is x-navy and i did a 3 year stint in the army so i have nothing but admeration for the armed forces just not their leaders.

The only army i would be part of again would be for a revolution. The british military foreign policy does nothing for me or my family, it does not give us more jobs, fuel, food or less taxes.

Viva la revolution.
edit on 29-4-2011 by michaelmcclen because: ugh...bad grammar

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

For my government............never.

For my country......when needed. (And I don't need a politician to tell me when this is, I know when my country needs defending)

Peace
edit on 29-4-2011 by operation mindcrime because: Double Negatives

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I did my time in the Corps, I was 18 when I signed and full of patriotism. Right now , the only way I would pick up arms again is if my country was subject to foreign invasion...or tyranical government.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Notice I used the word government instead of country for that very reason.

I personally would not, excepting certain extreme circumstances in which I felt my family was in immediate danger.
For government or country.

I am a proud Canadian and love my homeland, but I am an animal whose paramount instincts are my survival and that of my kin. No flag or faction can change that.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Should World War 3 breakout, there are a lot of things that I would have to factor before I made a decision. The most important being "Why are we fighting?". Are we fighting to uphold America, or to uphold the agenda of some corporation? (I know many on ATS will say "What's the difference these days").
If we were being invaded, I think that I would'nt join any sort of Regular Army, but instead I would defend my territory from takeover, mostly so that I can look after my family.
But all in all, its kind of a tough question to ask. Who's the threat? Why are they threatening us? What happens if we lose? What happens if we win? Under which circumstance would we be better off? Would I join a third party, eliminating threats both abroad and domestic, making America better, stronger, revived? I just can't say yes or no to your question without some of these answers. All I can say is I would most likely fight, but I can't say I'd be fighting for America per se. Not against us. I'm not talking about treason here. Just against those who've highjacked this country, raped her, and are selling her off piece by piece. Hell, what they're doing is the real treason, but I digress. I think you could count on me to do a little cleaning House should a war break out and see if America can't rise from the ashes a little stronger.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I would only fight if we were invaded. Apart from that I would refuse any and all conscription. That's not to say I would not volunteer in some circumstances if we were faced with a justifiable military conflict, however the chance of that happening is next to none. So, I would only accept conscription if our nation was faced with imminent invasion.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For my government - no
For my country - no
Because I was ordered to - no
From people trying to hurt my people - yes
Against injustice and oppression - yes

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
i'd not fight for my government, but for my country, for the men standing beside me, for the men going though hell with me, and to defend the freedoms our veterns fought for then yes, yes i would.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

no.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would saw off my own foot to avoid the military.

Granted, I make exceptions for major wars like World War I & II.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'd fight. If WW3 started and the volunteer or draft age was raised, I'd fight.

Look at it this way. What else are you going to do?

You gonna sit around and armchair quarterback? Gonna complain the whole time? Gonna hoard supplies and hide in the hills if there really is a global conflict? I'd rather just get my game face on and go do my best. Better than dying of cancer, or a car crash, or some unseen poison in your tv dinner.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

HAHAHAHA Fight for my... government? are you kidding?
I would never fight for anything else than freedom or love. When WW3 comes (unless the end comes first), the only reason I would fight will be my love girlfriend and family and our freedom, if I don't need to fight for any of those then I will just step aside and let the idi*ts kill themselves.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Butterbone

You gonna sit around and armchair quarterback? Gonna complain the whole time? Gonna hoard supplies and hide in the hills if there really is a global conflict? I'd rather just get my game face on and go do my best. Better than dying of cancer, or a car crash, or some unseen poison in your tv dinner.

I don't know you, but my life is worth more than a stupid conflict caused by money (lets face it, the reason is always money)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's an impossible question to answer honestly. It depends entirely on the actions that ultimately set it in motion. "Will you fight" is proper but only when the time comes for action.

If my nation and my people are threatened and I can not moraly accept the reason, I will fight to protect my nation. If the reason for the threat to my nation is sufficient to justify the assault, I will have most likely become a revolutionary and would seek to prevent my nations death by restoring order through the will of my people.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well i guess i would like to know my goverment first of all... i know stuff but is that stuff i know from my goverment a sack full of lies, most likely so why in the world would i want to defent that? How could they help the country in a 3rd world war if they couldnt even help their country now? Seriously if i would even think about my goverment in total destructon i would either be a deep member or i would be the goverment otherwise... i wouldnt know what im fighting or defending for.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would fight traffic all the way to Mexico....thats about it.

My enemy doesn't wear a turban, he wears a neck tie, and in many cases a badge.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Originally posted by Butterbone

I don't know you, but my life is worth more than a stupid conflict caused by money (lets face it, the reason is always money)

Yes I agree, but you can't outrun things like that. You can't really hide from them. You can try to ignore them, but it's folly to think you can isolate yourself from it and not be either part of the solution or part of the problem.

It is entirely possible that you could be the cause for the saving of lives. Some unique skill or ability or insight you have at a critical moment could make the difference.

Why hide from that.

Under your attitude we should all do our best to hide from the world as it is right now, since as a fact, "it's all just about money" anyway right?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In 1914 to 18 they pounded you with 20 000 artillery pieces for days on end that could turn you into a spasming nervous incoherent wreck or wrecked your health with chlorine and mustard gas NO COMPENSATION,in World war two you could be captured slave labour or come down with some permanent pox like malaria,typhus,cholera or some other form of jungle rot NO COMPENSATION,in the 1950's you'd get taken to the desert with no protective clothing given a dark pair of glasses and then they let off an atom bomb near you NO COMPENSATION.

In Vietnam you walked through melting jungle sprayed from above with the most toxic crap ever devised giving you illness and deformed children NO COMPENSATION.In the Gulf you were innoculated with toxic puss that they really didn't know nor care what it would do to you,you've been sick ever since NO COMPENSATION.

You do two or three tours in the war on terror you are mentally 'different' your relationships fail,you abuse substances,you cant sleep,you are either homeless or a drifter NO COMPENSATION.

fight for the government you have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join