It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How truthful is President Obama - or does it matter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
After reading the links at the bottom of this post, I began to think that all of the issues confronting this country today hinge on one major priority - How truthful is President Obama? If there is a lack of truthful integrity, how much can we really trust him? I am sharing this, because I'm really curious as to the answers you provide, if you choose to do so. theintelhub.com... Also, please consider - www.washingtontimes.com... Please feel free to comment on whatever issues highlight your point of view on his truthfulness.
edit on 29-4-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: Added additional link for consideration.

edit on 29-4-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: Changed subject title.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

It doesn't matter. Simple as.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Good links, but the Washington Times needs to hire a new editor. Lol they got Leon Panetta and Gen Petraeus mixed up.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Believe it or not, Obama switched them - he just didn't comment on it - see www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 29-4-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: corrected link

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
IMO all politicians are habitual liars. Nature of the beast.

2nd line

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think Obama is as truthful or more so than other recent presidents. I certainly don't think he always tells the truth or that he keeps his word on everything. But I know more about his personal life than any president I've been around to observe.

People have this idea that he's "mysterious" or hiding something, but I have yet to see this played out. The fact is that many people have been determined (since 2007 at least) to surround him with a sense of mystery and suspicion. And they've done a very good job because we have people saying "We don't know anything about Obama"! When the truth is, he's the most scrutinized president in modern history and we know a LOT about him!.

People say he just now released his birth certificate, but in reality, he released it in 2008. People just suspected it was fake, just like they suspect his long form is fake. That's because they have been brainwashed to think that Obama is this mystery wrapped in an enigma. They bought the doubt and suspicion that others have worked so hard to manufacture.

But when you think about it, we know a LOT.

His parents' stories are well-known and documented, as are his grandparents' and his whole family tree. We know his social security number, his high school basketball numbers; we see his tax returns and pore over his campaign donations; we know his school friends' names, which drugs he did, what he studied and what his personality was like then. We've seen pictures of him throughout his life and we know of his personal struggle with having a white mother and an African father in the 60s and 70s.

His long form birth certificate was not the holy grail that birthers wanted. There was no revelation there that brought a deep breath of satisfaction to the birther nation. It didn't say "Kenya". That moment of discovery of some precious and dark nugget of 'truth' that some imagined was on the long form - didn't materialize. That dark nugget didn't exist. It was all in the collective birther imagination.

But the fact that they didn't get their satisfaction just added to the mystery. Now they're REALLY curious and suspicious!
They will never be satisfied until he's out of office. Because they don't want the truth. They HAVE the truth. They want to believe something vile and wicked about him. That's why all the rumors. Something has to stick. But nothing has yet, so it's still out there... (in their imagination)...

And since they didn't get their satisfaction, of course they claimed the long form "fake", just as they did his short form. They are convinced these documents are fake and that way, they can hold onto their fantasy that the president is some mysterious and dark character with nefarious plans for our country.

It's like a bad movie, but people really believe it! It's amazing to me.

Being the President of the US is a job I cannot imagine. There is pressure from all sides. There are things in government that he simply cannot be honest about because of the tightrope he walks. But his personal life? I know more about that than I even want to. I would love it if politicians were 100% honest, but I know it's unrealistic to expect. Why expect it from him when we haven't had it from any president?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here is s very small sample of the whoppers this guy routinely tells and the media pretend not to notice!

obamalies.net...

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
Obama’s oval office speech in June 2010

The Health Care Package will pay for itself
Time

I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
NPR

As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide
ABC

Recovery Act will save or create jobs
ABC News

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
Obama Lies

No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow - detailed response.
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Very interesting link.
Didn't know about this. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, he did say he was going to be transparent, and so far has been, seeing through is lies is so easy a caveman can do it. He lies constantly, good thing he has people williing to play the race card in his favor for distraction.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH,

The thing that really gets my conspiracy cogs turning is the fact that we KNOW SO MUCH about him! There are pictures, basketball numbers, tax forms, etc., just like you said. What is the reason for that?

Like you said, it seems as if he is the first POTUS to really go out there to put his entire life history in front of the whole world. To me, this would be the perfect way to shut up anybody questioning his background, his education, etc. By putting his entire life out there for the world to see, there shouldn't be a question of who he is or where he comes from.

The whole birther controversy aside, this is really adding up to be one hell of a conspiracy, and you just got the whole process started in my mind. What better way to hide things than in plain sight?

Now, I'm not a birther myself, but I've always gotten a "gut feeling" about this guy, and it wasn't a good feeling.

Thanks for putting another idea in my head....I'm gonna run with it for a while and see what happens.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Does that mean you think he's been truthful about all the information he's put out there about himself, or is there another reason I'm missing?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

Does that mean you think he's been truthful about all the information he's put out there about himself, or is there another reason I'm missing?

I mean that no other American president that I can remember has put his entire life story out there for the entire world to peruse. Why would Obama do that? I mean, it's perfect. He has pictures, tax forms, basketball jersey numbers, et al. to dispute any and all claims that anybody would have to say against him. To me, it seems too perfect. Like I said in my previous post, I've never gotten a good feeling about him, even when he was running for election. Everything that he said was too perfect, his mannerisms were too perfect....it's almost like everything has been scripted from the very beginning. Do you see where I'm going with this?

It's only a gut feeling, and I'm not sure what it all means, but I need more time to think my thoughts through.

It's not like it really matters anyway. He's already bought and paid for, just like any other politician. It just gives my brain some good mental exercise.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

LOL - can't get much more clear than that!
Thanx.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Wonderful. I understand now. You do bring up some very interesting points to ponder. I hadn't considered that aspect before.
Thanks for explaining.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
BH,

The thing that really gets my conspiracy cogs turning is the fact that we KNOW SO MUCH about him! There are pictures, basketball numbers, tax forms, etc., just like you said. What is the reason for that?

Because the doubts and suspicions were planted early on and the people started digging to find this stuff out. With the current Internet, we have a great deal of access that we've never had before. Also, Obama wrote 2 books. There's a lot of information in them. With such a "new" and "strange" man wanting to be the most powerful man in the world (so to speak) people's curiosities motivated them to search. It's human nature. When a baby picks up a new item, she puts it in her mouth to find out all she can about it. It's new.

Here was a man who is a different race than all the other presidents, has a weird name and his father was from "the dark continent"... We were CURIOUS. We dug deeper and deeper. And along the way, his detractors continued to plant doubts and suspicions, driving our curiosity even more.

Like you said, it seems as if he is the first POTUS to really go out there to put his entire life history in front of the whole world.

Remember he mentioned transparency? That's another thing people do. They complain that Obama promised transparency, yet when he is transparent, it is suspected that his transparency is actually covering something up...

And this just proves my point... Whether he is closed and secretive or open and forthcoming, the suspicions arise. He CANNOT win, because of the doubts and suspicions planted by his detractors. If he keeps something private, he's "hiding something" and if he shares his life story, he's doing it because he's "hiding something". Either way, people are going to suspect him because he's "different" and "new".

I've always gotten a "gut feeling" about this guy, and it wasn't a good feeling.

Wonder where that came from?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"Either way, people are going to suspect him because he's "different" and "new".

How about because he has been raised, mentored,and sponsored by radical marxist revolutionaries all his life.

How about because he spent all his formative yrs outside mainland US, and in early childhood raised as an indonesian muslim.

How about because every document that might detail his nationality has been hidden away from the public view.

How about because the myth of his lifestory was indisbutably written, created and admitted to by Bill Ayres - who also started his political carreer and gave him his first job.

How about because he taught classes in the Alynski method as a 'Community Organise' - the method of radical subversion - the method that recommends that you learn to speak the language of the enemy - to infiltrate the system from within in order to collapse it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
How about because he has been raised, mentored,and sponsored by radical marxist revolutionaries all his life.

How about because he spent all his formative yrs outside mainland US, and in early childhood raised as an indonesian muslim.

How about because every document that might detail his nationality has been hidden away from the public view.

How about because the myth of his lifestory was indisbutably written, created and admitted to by Bill Ayres - who also started his political carreer and gave him his first job.

How about because he taught classes in the Alynski method as a 'Community Organise' - the method of radical subversion - the method that recommends that you learn to speak the language of the enemy - to infiltrate the system from within in order to collapse it.

This is a great list of the suspicions and doubts that have been planted in the public's brains. None of these rumors are true, however.

1. He was raised by his grandparents. He did know some Marxists and revolutionaries in his life, but so have I. You are putting entirely too much emphasis on his associations. Everything you listed is suspicious rumor.

2. He was 6-10 years old in Indonesia. He was never raised as an Indonesian Muslim.

3. You KNOW his nationality. He is American. He is a natural-born citizen of the USA. What "hidden" documents do you think would reveal his secret nationality? I don't even know what you're talking about.

4. Bill Ayres did not write Obama's book. That's a ridiculous rumor. I wrote Obama's books! OK? Now, spread that rumor...
It holds as much weight.

5. You're buying the BS. what can I say?

You illustrate a perfect example of what I've been saying. You've completely bought into the "mysterious and dark usurper" agenda. Have fun with that.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

A truthful politician is about as rare as a virgin at Charlie Sheens' house.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Any politician or leader who is not truthful is not an honorable person and without the self respect of themself they are less than human. They should never be trusted with the welfare of the people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join