It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prophet' faces fine for quake warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

So where was the warning from these so called scientists about the Japan quake.

I'll point you to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

by your logic Trueamerican should be locked up or fined

I'll have to admit though there is a lot of bogus attention seeking people out there but sometimes and somehow foreknowledge does seem to show itself.

Like these so called clairvoyants (personally i believe they exist) but i bet you never see the true ones on TV or trying to make money out of it making a name for themselves.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trigger82

Exactly.... Caveat Emptor!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by gandhi

What security ? Why are you mixing things ? This law is good ... We have science and scientists which is their job to warn us if Nibiru,Elenin, or some other crap that will put us in the danger. Or you think every scientist is goverment cover up agent.Nobody can predict exact time , location and strentgh of quakes till now ,especially not some blogger who thinks he is a God and scaring ordinary people and messing up with their lifes.Just hit them in the pocket .

You can have your world of laws and slaves in a lower dimension somewhere, but we're not going for it. We're going for freedom.

And I don't believe any of the scientists. HAARP is the major cause of all thats happening. And who cares about their draconian bills they pass, or attempts to fine. I would perform a citizens arrest on any nazi who contacts me, because its my moral duty. I don't sit down and shut up in fact, if someone tried to silence me, BULLHORN TIME.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Would they give his money back if he turned out to be correct.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Finnaly fines for prophets and good law ..... just hit them in the pocket ...i hope this law will be implemented in US soon

it wont because too many people in the US believe in 2012. 99% of these pophets are considered "Crazy" or "Wrong". but as most people dont realise most psychic abilitys best hits *as an example im going to use names* are the first letter of a name not the whole name.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

Finnaly fines for prophets and good law ..... just hit them in the pocket ...i hope this law will be implemented in US soon

it wont because too many people in the US believe in 2012. 99% of these pophets are considered "Crazy" or "Wrong". but as most people dont realise most psychic abilitys best hits *as an example im going to use names* are the first letter of a name not the whole name.

I feel sorry for them 2012 ers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Originally posted by prof7

i hope this law will be implemented in US soon

free speech a bad thing for you? What other rights would you like to remove also?

Freedom of speech is not a bad thing and should not be taken away... but then again there are to many sheeple in this world to go around fear mongering. A line has to be drawn somewhere

That line should be accountability. Too often we let the "sheeple" escape the responsibility of their own personal actions and act like they are helpless, stupid victims. But each "sheeple" is an individual person who has freewill and the ability to make their own choices, and they should be held accountable for those choices.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Personaly speaking , I believe that where as freedom of speech is an important right, in fact one of the most important human rights, that does not mean that shouting "FIRE!!!" in a packed theatre or shopping centre is right or just, nor should a person be absolved of blame for the consequences of thier pointless and dire prophetic announcements.
As a result of this mans proclaimations, it is probable that some have spent all thier money waterproofing thier homes, buying inflatable rafts, provisions, or mountain cabins should there be any available. Others still may have commited suicide rather than face the might of the death wave that supposedly was heading thier way. Some might say that the psycholoical dysfunction which leads people to behave like fools , and believe unsubstantiated twaddle of this nature, cannot be the fault of the person inciting people to these insane lengths. I believe the people who think this way are deliberately forgetting that a person must be held responsible for thier actions, and that which results from them.
In a world , which is clearly full of crazy ,weak willed, thoroughly ill informed people, announcing the imminent destruction of an entire nation by a towering wall of water is pretty much asking for trouble. If hes been fined for making such a prediction, and causing people to spend thier meagre savings on things they will not need, or worse end it all in fear of utter destruction, then good. In my book he deserves a slap for being such an irresponsible fool.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The "weather man" on TV always makes wrong predictions too...
He says it's going to be sunny, and I get rain wet....
He says it's going to be cold, and I sweat under coats because the sun is shining warm...

Who's going to fine him?!?

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

If you honestly believe government is going to tell the population of a major catastrophe, you are seriously indoctrinated. Even to the point where you all for more laws to further limit people's rights. I suppose next you're going to tell me that government is truthful and wants nothing but the best for it's citizens. While you're at it you might as claim the new world order is good for everyone and we should all throw our rights out the window. I don't know if you live in the USA or not, but the land of the free has turned into the land of the imprisoned thanks to people like you who approve all the new laws that give government the peoples' blessing to lock up it's own citizens. If you make too many laws people will have a hard time not breaking them. It's my opinion that this is the reason the government makes so many silly unconstitutional laws. Gotta keep the prison economy going, the only people who benefit from this new type of slavery are the ones who build and run the prisons. You think china has cheap labor, research how much a prison inmate makes. Sure there are people that definitely belong in prison. But what about the people who have no business being there? Research statistics of how long a person selling marijuana gets in prison compared to murderers and rapists. The crime should fit the punishment, it does not. You are better of killing someone than trying to sell marijuana, you'll get less time in prison. Sheeple like you make me sick.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezwar

Government or no, causing a panic, causing people to spend thier life savings on outlandish suggestions, is an irresponsible thing to do, which can ruin lives. If someone ruined your life by causing you to act , through fear in an unusual and outrageous manner , Im sure you wouldnt want to let that slide.
There again, maybe you would. But dont even try to consider that as a virtue.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Great!! Now can someone please fine the FaceBook Prophet Mitchell Coombes?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Free speech is great, but so is responsibility. Ignoring the issue that this is Taiwan and they don't have a first amendment for the moment, go ahead. Make my day. Predict whatever you want. But if your prediction is wrong, you're liable.

It's already been well established by the courts that your free speech does not extend to you right to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Why? Becauise of the potential harm as attendees are trampled to death in the ensuing panic.

This is exactly the same thing. If you use your free speech to predict the end of the world tomorrow, and as a result of this people lose their posessions or even their lives, how about of we make you responsible for their losses?
edit on 4/29/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I don't think that you can directly compare someone shouting ''fire'' in a crowded theatre with someone making a fake apocalyptic prophecy.

Firstly, the shout of ''fire'' is likely to engender immediate and instinctive panic amongst many people, which may lead to a crush, stamped, or other public safety issues. Whereas upon hearing a prophecy, someone has time to consider the validity of it, and can come to a conclusion without needing to act immediately.

Secondly, someone shouting ''fire'', is a believable way that they might convey the fact there was a genuine fire occurring in the theatre, making it much more understandable for people to fall for the false claim.
If a ''prophet'' claims that some apocalypse is going to happen on a certain date, then anyone who believes that out of hand, without checking the claims for themselves, is - to put it bluntly - gullible. It requires the willing suspension of disbelief to unquestioningly believe the prophecy.

ATS is full of threads that contain doom-mongering claims based on prophecies or predictions, yet I hope that most people take them with a pinch of salt.

The idea that every single person who starts one of these threads should be fined - on the off-chance that some highly impressionable reader may take them to be truthful - is ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So Sensei Wang tells people not to live in low-lying tsunami zones?

Too bad Fukushima didn't have any Wangs- oh, wait- it did:

And the people who listened avoided this:

Sure wouldn't want anyone saying its stupid to live in the tsunami zone...

(Even if it did take 600 years for the warning to prove its inevitability).

By the way, there's more to the gag order than meets the eye: Fukushima Type Reactor In Taiwan...
edit on 29-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

I think in this case, freedom of speech has to be weighed against public safety. If you say something that results in panic and people die because of that, then what?

Plus its Tiawan, so I am not entirely sure what regulations they have on speech over there.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by schuyler

I don't think that you can directly compare someone shouting ''fire'' in a crowded theatre with someone making a fake apocalyptic prophecy.

I do.

The idea that every single person who starts one of these threads should be fined - on the off-chance that some highly impressionable reader may take them to be truthful - is ludicrous.

And, of course, I never said that. You'd be hard pressed to prove anyone who started a thread here was looked at seriously in the first place. What I am saying is that if someone announces a prophecy and people suffer damage because of it, they can be held liable. I am NOT saying we ought to make another law against false prohecies. I AM saying if you do so, you can be held liable. Civil Court would be the way to do it.

For example, if my spouse became enamored with your "teachings" and you predicted the end of the world, and as a result she killed herself, thus leaving me to raise the children alone, And, of course, your prophecy did not come true, then I have grounds to sue you This done all the time. It is not unusual.

Or, if I'm not prone to court suits, I might just take you out, and that would be the basis of my defense.

I see no reason whatsoever that you should not be held responsible for the results of your actions. That is just so basic as to be fundamental and certainly as self-evident as the 'pursuit of happiness.'

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You cannot protect morons from themselves, and certainly cannot keep them segregated from the rational adults.

If someone goes out, and spends all their life-savings on survival supplies and what not, abandons their responsibilities and so on, because some "prophet" told them to, then they are just morons. It is that simple. No blame on the "doomsayer", it is a damning indictment on the nation itself, who cannot keep it's people educated, rational and at peace.

There is no amount of control that can fix stupidity or naivety. When a nation censors it's people, it dims the mind. When "nudity" or "inappropriate content" is censored from the media or regular broadcasts, that content is not "removed", it is simply pushed back into the sub-conscious of the viewing public. A caste of deviants is created who firmly believe natural exposure of the human body is a grievous offense, and they punish themselves for thinking about it. They never learn anything about the human condition, or their own mental-health. The public is simply coddled and treated as children, until everyone is mentally deficient and backwards in some way.

Trying to censor a "doomsayer" is not progress. Simply silencing him will do nothing. All of these people will learn from their mistakes, and precedents will be set from then on.

What Taiwan should be doing instead, is focusing on educating the public and making them feel safer with plans and protocols. If so many people freak out whenever a windbag opens his mouth, then there is a more serious problem to be dealt with, which they need to focus on, rather than trying to run around and pop all the windbags, imo.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
For example, if my spouse became enamored with your "teachings"..and as a result she killed herself, ...then I have grounds to sue you.

Or, if I'm not prone to court suits, I might just take you out, and that would be the basis of my defense.

No, I'm sorry, but that just means you and your spouse are mentally-unstable, and you yourself a psychopath.

Again, if people kill themselves, or go on a fit of rage because an internet busybody told them the world was ending tomorrow, than that is not a fault on the doomsayer lunatic, that is more a damning indictment on the health-status of the public. It just makes you an unhealthy individual, unable to function in normal society, and is far worse off than the creator of the so-called panic.

Unless the doomsayer was an official, tasked with providing information to the public, and knowingly released false information to create a panic, then there is no legal recourse for the afflicted, in my opinion.

This all reminds me of the McDonalds "hot coffee" lawsuit.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Dude you said wang.
TEACH-HER WANG! Laughin my a$$ off!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join