It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nice pictures of planet dimensions !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I doubt that many people realize how dimensions of the planets in our system really are..
I find this amazing..

img535.imageshack.us...

save the full jpg to look at..

cheers
edit on 29-4-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
horrible resolution....try making it bigger on imgshack or link to img source.....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestyka

ok, I resized..thanks..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow, that was totally mindblowing. Thank you for sharing.
And to think how big our sun seems to us. I wonder what size are the planets with the biggest star? If they are also huge, could beings on those planets be huge, too? Just imagine our planet getting pinged by two big fingers in a marble game! Seriously, mind blowing.
Remember the movie MIB? At the end of the movie it showed aliens playing a game of marbles..inside of each marble is a galaxy. Can you imagine if that could be really true? Hey, no one say that it isnt true until they can prove it...
S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Nice find! I love how humbling perspective can be. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I remember the first time I saw that picture. I recall thinking... "Wow, our universe reminds me of atoms and particles."
Even though these pictures display something that makes you minuscule and irrelevant in the whole of things.
All one has to do is look out side your window and around yourself, and you will feel that everything that happens is that much MORE relevant.
If as far as we can see there is existence of anything- and from what we can see- space follows the same pattern, Galaxies, Black holes, quasars, super novas, Nebula, stars and planets. And as far as we can see that- it is just those things.Everything seems to go in circles in space ie: orbits, axis spinning, Spiral galaxies. And if you look at the smallest portions of nature- you see... even the smallest of things follow the same law.
Sorry last day of college for the year I'm mind drained.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Nice man...

Here ya go -

and this just because I like it -

edit on 29-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
Wow, that was totally mindblowing. Thank you for sharing.
And to think how big our sun seems to us. I wonder what size are the planets with the biggest star? If they are also huge, could beings on those planets be huge, too? Just imagine our planet getting pinged by two big fingers in a marble game! Seriously, mind blowing.
Remember the movie MIB? At the end of the movie it showed aliens playing a game of marbles..inside of each marble is a galaxy. Can you imagine if that could be really true? Hey, no one say that it isnt true until they can prove it...
S&F

I didn´t even know there is such a giant star like Canis Majoris..
or Aldebaran..sound very like the planet name in Star Wars, Albebaraan

really mindblowin..
edit on 30-4-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

The Universe is awesome... Such beauty that can take our breath away, and night terrors that will mkae our worst nightmare look like a disney movie.

I wish we could hurry up and get the warp drive breakthrough, or be contacted.. I want to take a swing around the local galactic neighborhood.

I want to see Alpha Cnetauri before I die.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

and now imagine we COULD actually do star travel, with a nice black Trinagle craft..

or that ´certain´ people are DOIN it already...

new topics

top topics

join