It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's watching the Royal Wedding? LIVE UPDATE *Cheers*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Went off like a charm I'd say.

AUGURI WILLIAM AND KATE!

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I was watching the snooker.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Found it odd, every time william 'saluted' on the way back to buckingham palace, kate put her head down almost roboticly everytime

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I live on the west coast and happened to wake up at about 3am pst time. I think the wedding was very beautiful. I really like all the romance and how much the brit's love their royalty. I think William and Kate are well matched. They each married their best friend...a wonderful start to a marriage!....I also think Princess Diana is watching from heaven and smiling with love.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I was "bah humbug" and had no intention of watching the Wedding.. but my partner had it on in the background (she wanted to see the Dress) and I was drawn in... it was actually nice to watch and see some thing happy.. cheerful and with some of the BBC cometary, fun... thanks for the thread

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just wonderful.

God bless the future King and Queen of England!

Even though you don't own my country anymore - I think the Royal family has just improved dramatically!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So someone is getting married into a family that is nothing more than a archaic and irrelevant and its History how ? I'm having a hard time following?

Trowa
edit on 29/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To remove text

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Is it irrelevant to inspire joy in people that wish to see a historical tradition continue and promote a patriotism not just in their country, but in the Commonwealth?

Or more irrelevant to decide to moan about it?

Be happy for them. They're a couple in love.

And by the way - tradition is usually associated with archaic practices. It's the support and love of the people that enables them to continue

edit on 29-4-2011 by SerenityGained because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SerenityGained

Star for that. I am happy for them and I hope that they live happy and meaningful lives together However at the same time I don't care or see how this is relevant to anybody other than their families. That's all

I mean I'm sorry if you told me tomorrow you were getting married I would say the same thing.

Trowa

P.S. thank you for the answer. I have no reason to post in this thread anymore
edit on 29/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add ps

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Thanks Trowa,

I'm trying to think of a way to describe it, but it's a hard thing to do.

One example could be: By "upgrading" the Royal Family, it could help the English community to have a common bond. One that is sorely lacking these days. It could help new immigrants find a common bond with existing people.

But you have a good question. I'll post back when I can define what I feel.

Sen

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SerenityGained

Your welcome I'll keep a look out for your answer. Peace

Trowa

P.S. I'm removing the word sham from my above post. I'm kinda upset at the moment and I always hit ATS when I need to chill. It seems I shouldn't do that as it usually only riles me even more.
edit on 29/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add ps

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c45cd760b232.jpg[/atsimg]

Awwwwww....

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I read when Kate was walking down the isle William didn't look at her. Anyone know why? That would make him pretty well the last person there to see her.

I'm also wondering what Harry said to William at that same time when he "stole a glance" back at her. Some on the web say "It's not too late to run"....others say "Wait until you see her dress". Neither sounds too plausible. Anyone know?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think it was spectacular.
I agree with the others, it was a nice change in pace from
all the doom and gloom that has dominated the news.
I work nights and was off last night and it was on so I watched it.
Glad I did though...made me smile watching the news!
That just does NOT happen.

It is history like it are not. It will be in history books...period

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think Im glad Im not watching.

Everything is history in the making. And as cute as Kate and Willie are, the wedding of two young people just really isnt that big a deal. I wish them the best, hope they are happy, etc. but you couldnt pay me to watch it. Its a waste of good money, one. And weddings are a dime a dozen, two. Once you have been to or participated in one, you should never have to do it again.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thanks for your input - I realize it isn't for everyone.

Oh, but may I quote you now?

Once you have..participated in one, you should never have to do it again.

That is EXACTLY what I'm wishing for Kate and William - and any other couple that marries for that matter!

PEACE

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Funny thing is no one's noticed my little, well, addition to the pictures...
I even asked a MOD if it would get ATS busted, lol.
No response.
I admit, absolutely in poor taste, and tacky and juvenile, but, I couldn't resist and I fess up!

You see it yet?

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Lol, sure, you can quote it. And even though Im not a fan of weddings, and think big ones are a total waste of money, we do agree in wishing them the best. And not because of who they are, I could care less about their royal status, (I loath hereditary monarchy.) Like you, I wish all new couples the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
I read when Kate was walking down the isle William didn't look at her. Anyone know why? That would make him pretty well the last person there to see her.

I'm also wondering what Harry said to William at that same time when he "stole a glance" back at her. Some on the web say "It's not too late to run"....others say "Wait until you see her dress". Neither sounds too plausible. Anyone know?

It is tradition that the groom is the last one to see the bride.

Some gossip blogs had a lip reader and supposedly he said "You look stunning babe" to Kate and then "I thought this was supposed to be a small family wedding" to his father in law

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is the Royal Wedding 2011 now on Youtube:

www.youtube.com...

Here's plenty of beautiful photos and THAT wedding cake:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 29-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join