learn more

Supernatural Season Seven

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I know what you mean.My wall calendar is like that.
I understand a couple of breaks,during Xmas and Easter,but doing it all the time...i hate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

They do it so that they have episodes for the Nielsen sweeps

www.wikipedia.org

Electronic metering technology is the heart of the Nielsen ratings process. Two types of meters are used: set meters capture what channel is being tuned, while People Meters go a step further and gather information about who is watching in addition to the channel tuned. Diaries are also used to collect viewing information from sample homes in many television markets in the United States, and smaller markets are measured by paper diaries only. Each year Nielsen processes approximately 2 million paper diaries from households across the country for the months of November, February, May, and July—also known as the "sweeps" rating periods. Seven-day diaries (or eight-day diaries in homes with DVRs) are mailed to homes to keep a tally of what is watched on each television set and by whom. Over the course of a sweeps period, diaries are mailed to a new panel of homes each week. At the end of the month, all of the viewing data from the individual weeks is aggregated. This local viewing information provides a basis for program scheduling and advertising decisions for local television stations, cable systems, and advertisers.

In some of the mid-size markets, diaries provide viewer information for up to three additional “sweeps” months (October, January, and March).

2008–2009 30 Oct – 26 Nov 2008; 5 March – 1 April 2009; 23 April – 20 May 2009; 2–29 July 2009
2009–2010 29 Oct – 25 Nov 2009; 4 Feb – 3 March 2010; 29 April – 26 May 2010; 1–28 July 2010
2010–2011 28 Oct – 24 Nov 2010; 3 Feb – 2 March 2011; 28 April – 25 May 2011; 30 June – 27 July 2011
2011–2012 27 Oct– 23 Nov 2011; 2 Feb– 29 February 2012; 26 April – 23 May 2012; 28 June – 25 July 2012

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who is posting.
As to the episode, for some reason they just had to bump off another character. As far as Bobby is concerned, again I think his longevity on the show as a mortal or a ghost is not limited. I still like his character and would rather have him alive I just also think he will be put to rest at some point. The story was not bad or anything. Aside from bumping off another character.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't know if it's just me or not, but every time they bring back a character from past episodes I can never remember the character. I'm not exactly a diehard Supernatural fan but I have seen almost every episode so I'm sure I've seen these characters before. I keep thinking Sam and Dean have no more hunter friends because they've all been killed off, but more keep showing up. The only one I can think of right now that is still around is DJ Qualls's character, who is more recent.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I agree with what your saying. Some of the characters from the past I like more then others, I just don't like that for some reason they think they have to be killing all of them off. I was thinking they might take one and use him to replace Bobby but it seems like that's not going to be happening any time soon.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I watched and i liked it.Now it's official that Bobby is back.The attempt to replace him was no good and i'm sure the fans protested.There are few petitions online to bring him back

He is strong enough now to help them and he will play a major role in the fight against the leviathans.

every time they bring back a character from past episodes I can never remember the character.

If you talk about Annie,it's her first appearance in the show.What they were talking about (Bobby,Dean and Sam sleeping with her)was a background story never mentioned before.

I just don't like that for some reason they think they have to be killing all of them off.

For a reason the boys deal better with problems under pain.When they lost their father they fought even harder to kill Azazel and his minions.Same thing every time a person close to them dies.Revenge is what started the story(when their mother died,John started hunting to avenge Mary) and i guess this is how the story will end.Boys taking their revenge for all the deaths of their loved ones.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Phantom
Everything you said does sound pretty well thought out. Revenge is what got the whole story line started. Bobby was a great character. It was a mistake to kill him off in my opinion. I do think he can be replaced I just also think they have not really gone about it the right way. Also killing off all the people they have come across wont work to fill that hole.

Whats with the new avatar? I rather liked the old one better.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Whats with the new avatar? I rather liked the old one better.

She's my character on Star Trek online.Crappy picture,i know.....I'll fix it first chance i got.
In the game i'm a Vulcan.I try to convince people that i'm logical

NOONE believes me

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Phantom
ok thanks. And looks like its not a bad pic if it came from an on line game. That might be a good place to find some good pics of all types.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This was a pretty good episode. Instead of killing off what could be a good character they introduced what could be a new good character. I liked what they did with Charly. The episode was ended with her being taken out of the picture but that does not really mean to much the way characters have been coming in and out this season. As to the Leviathans they god something they wanted and it has been confirmed they they can hurt them but still can't kill them. So I will be wondering where all of that will be going.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Great episode.
I loved Charlie(i totally related to her geek nature
),i hope they will bring her back,coz so far is the coolest new character of this season.

The scene with Dean guiding Charlie to seduce the guard was hilarious.

Anyway it is confirmed that Bobby can hurt,at least to a point,the leviathans and propably if they let him we would see how bad he can hurt them.I can understand why the boys worry that he will turn evil,but i'm sure they will use that power against the leviathans.

The artifact that they stole from Roman,since it came from Saudi Arabia it has to be connected with the preislamic mythology of the area.A far fetched idea i had was that it's somehow connected to the necronomicon(since the autor was from Yemen),but it doesn't fit the descreption.

So I will be wondering where all of that will be going.

To a great battle between good and evil

Seriously i don't know.I read some spoilers for the season finale and it makes me wonder what aces they keep on their sleeves.I won't spoil it for you,but expect a horrible cliffhanger at the end of final episode.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yes Charlie is a great character. I was focusing more on Charlie then Bobby so I did not talk much about him above. Yes Bobby is starting to turn vengeful. He did help to prevent Roman from hurting Charlie but he also hurt Charlie in the process. Sam and Dean know they can not let him keep going if he can not control his vengeance.
As to the artifact, I do think you are right that it will have something to do with the myths of the region. The magic circles associated with the Necronomacan are a good guess in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree that Charlie was a really entertaining character and I hope she comes back. Felicia Day did a really good job. Not sure what to make of Bobby going vengeful. He did save the day though.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just guessing the artifact might have something to do with this.

In the History, Alhazred is said to have been a "half-crazed Arab" who worshipped the Lovecraftian entities Yog-Sothoth and Cthulhu. He is described as being from Sanaa in Yemen, and as visiting the ruins of Babylon, the "subterranean secrets" of Memphis and the Empty Quarter of Arabia (where he discovered the "nameless city" below Irem). In his last years, he lived in Damascus, where he wrote Al Azif before his sudden and mysterious death in 738. In subsequent years, Lovecraft wrote, the Azif "gained considerable, though surreptitious circulation amongst the philosophers of the age." In 950, it was translated into Greek and given the title Necronomicon by Theodorus Philetas, a fictional scholar from Constantinople. This version "impelled certain experimenters to terrible attempts" before being "suppressed and burnt" in 1050 by Patriarch Michael (an historical figure who died in 1059). After this attempted suppression, the work was "only heard of furtively" until it was translated from Greek into Latin by Olaus Wormius. (Lovecraft gives the date of this edition as 1228, though the real-life Danish scholar Olaus Wormius lived from 1588 to 1624.) Both the Latin and Greek text, the History relates, were banned by Pope Gregory IX in 1232, though Latin editions were apparently published in 15th century Germany and 17th century Spain. A Greek edition was printed in Italy in the first half of the 16th century.
wiki

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I have read the Necronomicon(actually 3 versions of the book-which is fictional btw and created by Lovecraft) and it's all about summoning the great old ones(the leviathans fit to the category),opening gates to hellish dimensions and gain some control over them.
Maybe the leviathans will come out to be the old ones(or at least one of them) and there might be a spell to capture them again and send them to purgatory or even destroy them completely,although it is clear in the book that you cannot destroy the eternal.
"It is not dead that which can eternal lie and with strange eons even death may die"

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Since season seven is coming to an end hear is the thread for season eight.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So the word of God written by a Transformer
,that was super EPIC.

Anyway a very good episode with Castiel being really out there and funny.I still don't trust Meg,although it seems that she and Cas are "in love",
The new prophet was OK(i still prefer Chuck) and the final scene when the Leviathan kill the angels shows that not even the angels can help the boys.Maybe a couple of archangels can do the trick

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I thought it was a good episode also. I don't like that the Leviathan was able to kill the angels so easily. It should have been harder then what was shown. I was sorry the profit was not Chuck also. I would like to know if he is still as popular with the cult like following of his book as he was in the past. But it seems his profit days are over. I feel sorry for the new profit. I looks like he is a goner. But they now know how to kill the Leviathan, so things might start happening now.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I don't like that the Leviathan was able to kill the angels so easily. It should have been harder then what was shown.

I was surprised myself.It can be explained,because the Leviathans are older than angels.

He is safe until he translates the word to Roman.That gives some time for the boys to save him.

But they now know how to kill the Leviathan, so things might start happening now.

Blood of a fallen angel("always happy to bleed for the Winchesters" was a great quote) and the bone of a righteous man(good luck with that...).I wonder do they have to kill just Roman and the rest of the leviathans will die or they have to go through every leviathan?If the second is to happen i see 3 more season with the Winchesters hunting leviathans

We had to reach episode 20 for something to start happening.Not complaining,but we are propably looking at a huge cliffhanger and the end of the season and a hot summer wondering what the hell is going to happen.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I was concerned about a cliff hanger also. I really don't like the cliff hanger episodes. I personally did not think Roman would need any one to translate the tablet. Since they are so old they might know the language, and they probably know what it takes to kill one of them.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join