It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they running for non-president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I've actually been here for about 10 years; but, hello (anyway). I lost access to my old account, a while back, and started over.

I have been forced to consider that democrats and republicans are purposefully trying to stay out of the white house. I sure would not volunteer to take over as the new captain of the Titanic after it was inevitably sinking.

Early in the 2008 election campaign, I did not believe that this country was ready for a female or minority president. I am far from racist or sexist; but, racial and sexual tension-mixed with tradition-seemed too abundant in this country to accept a change. Plus, we already had 8 years of Hilary. To top this off, Obama sounds a lot like Osama; Hussein serves as a grim reminder of Saddam; and, a lot of Muslim rumors were floating around. Name recognition, semantics, and religion are very important. I thought McCain could nap through the campaign and win in a land slide. It became quite clear that he did not want the presidency when he chose Sara Palin as a running mate. I can just see the d's and r's calling each other back and forth saying "top that."

For 2012 the republicans are narrowing the list of worst presidential candidates. In a moment of panic--after learning that Donald Trump may enter the race, democrats try to pass off a birth certificate, that could have easily been modified by a third grader, as proof of natural citizenship. At this point, it doesn't really matter if he was born here or not; he sucks...period. Don't take that too personal; I am not sure that anyone could make sense of the complex issues facing this country right now. There are a lot of people unhappy right now; and, they are going to blame the chief.

So, the democrats must go with the incumbent. That already sounds bad enough; but, it could be Biden if Obama is booted. Don't get me wrong; every administration needs a good goof-ball. They just don't need to be in charge. This, in my opinion, almost guarantees a republican win.

It's Palin or Trump people. No wonder the world ends right after the election.

I'm not much of a dooms-dayer;but, this reminds me of a sporting event. When there is no hope of winning or losing, you send in your crappy players.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

Makes me think of some comedy sketches I've seen.

"After you."

"No, after you."

"No, after you. I insist."

"No..."

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The presidential seat is bogus! The have no power whatsoever. Whoever thinks any different is lost in the game of life.

new topics

join