It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the psychology behind suicide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A few days ago a guy I know commited suicide. He was an alchoholic and his girlfriend left him. His mother wanted nothing more to do with his behaviour. He had just inherited a large amount of money. I cannot have any sypathy for him. Why end your life when so many struggle so hard with much more adversity?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
A few days ago a guy I know commited suicide. He was an alchoholic and his girlfriend left him. His mother wanted nothing more to do with his behaviour. He had just inherited a large amount of money. I cannot have any sypathy for him. Why end your life when so many struggle so hard with much more adversity?

Maybe if you traded places with this guy for a day, you may understand the desperation and futility that he was obviously feeling.
Money does not = guaranteed peace of mind.

Think about it, the courage to end it all, to actually " know " your day of death, that my friend would take a lot of balls IMO.
Try to imagine those final thoughts in your mind, those final goodbyes, knowing that you'll never see another sunrise, another sunset

No, if life has become that intolerable, then all my sympathy goes out to him.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by GypsK

Sweetie, whatever the future holds, your mum is a lucky lady to have a daughter as beautiful and caring as you

Just stay strong, stay positive, and hopefully in a few years time you and your mum will look back on these days as a distant " time on the edge "

peace n love babes
xx

thanks UK, I hope your right...
Just got a phonecall that mom left the hospital and is on her way home. I feared she wouldn't stay there long. I can only hope that she still means every word of what she said to me yesterday and picks up her life again... and not do anything stupid like that ever again.

When I read your previous post, the one with your story in it, it made me cry for an hour. That must have been such a rough time for you! I can't imagine coming back from something like that is easy, both your parents so soon after each other... that is somthing that could break a lot of people unrepearable...

When I went to check on my mother last wednesday and I saw the car in the driveway, I felt the engine and it was cold. I immediately knew something was wrong and I thought I was gonna find her death... almost couldnt walk into that frontdoor. Even now still I keep seeing that picture of how I found her before my eyes every time I close them... just cant seem to shake it off.

anyway... I've read a lot of your posts and you come across as a very strong woman! Wherever your pulling your strenght from: keep doing that!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From personal experience, something (terrible situations) was keeping me in a little hell on earth here, and from my own mind ('knowledge') I saw that there was NO hope for a better tomorrow. Granted, the -reality- I would learn later, was that there were ways to get out of those problems, but at a certain crucial time, I did not know that. I only percieved that I had only -- 2 -- choices. The 'Other Side' or this terrible situation. And thats all.
It's a dangerous dangerous glass darkly through which to be looking. For me, there was no one to talk to. I was estranged from family and had no friends. Now, I'm not estranged from family, and have zero thoughts of self endangerment But people in those situations: If they have or percieve they have, no one to confide in who **cared** about what they had to say, ......... They are at major RISK then. Don't blow someone off. There is nothing worse to me, than someone who is deciding they are doing you a favor, by avoiding concerns, thinking thats how to make the concerns go away.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Thanks for sharing
There is not much worse then having no one to talk to when you need to. I mentioned in a post above that I have dealth with depression and anxiety, the first times I felt like I had no one to talk to. My husband didnt understand and I didn't want to bother anyone else with my problems. My doc only wanted to give me medication, which I have always refused.
One day I picked up the phone and called one of those help lines. I was SOOO suprised of the profesionality of those people answering the phone! I have talked to them for hours and hours several times a week and they always managed to pull me through!
A perfect stranger on the other side of the line that makes perfect sense in what they are saying... and good listeners they are!
There is always someone to talk to, people just don't always realize it. A situation, no matter how bad, is never hopeless.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

You are totally right about the doctors. I was put into the VA hospital for awhile (am a veteran) and even though I feel I recieved good and professional care, the FOCUS was on what kind of pharmaceuticals could they put me on. When my problem was, I was homeless for a long time, and did not know how to get out of that, by my own bootstraps, which is required of you in a corporate country with little safety nets. I don't know what would have happened to me if I was not a veteran, with government VA healthcare. But I shudder to think of it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's almost like being possessed by a negative energy. Anything and everything you do is completely changed, life is different. It's the perspective, the pain and agony intensified. You can't understand how they feel because they themselves know not what they feel. Everything is a haze, if you can make it past it, it's like recalling an extremely scary nightmare. The thing is, the only person that can get themselves out of this depressed perspective is the person experiencing it.

First thing to do though, as an outsider, figure out what incited the change. It could have been the man she was with, or maybe she started taking a new prescription? Something in her diet? Look at all the causes that could disrupt a persons physiological health.

On top of all that, high stress situations like loss really do put a burden on someone. Especially if it gets internalized..

Best of luck to you all, remember we're all beautiful
Inside and out
edit on 6-5-2011 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join