It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I see you do your research via the "mail online". Nice for a frog. You have to drop the Windsor Family name, and look at the real Family name as I have stated to see the connection. That is one of the reasons why Windsor replaced Saxe-Coburg Gotha, to hide these things, duh...

Well obviously ole kitty and William were not alive during the Nazi era.

The King George V and his family were finally convinced to abandon all titles held under the German Crown, and to change German titles and house names to anglicized versions. High anti-German sentiment amongst the people of the British Empire during World War I reached a peak in March 1917, when the Gotha G.IV, a heavy aircraft capable of crossing the English Channel began bombing London directly. The aircraft became a household name, and coincidently was part of the name of the royal family.

The surname of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh [Prince Philip] is Mountbatten-Windsor. The duke is also from the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg and so, arguably, are his heirs.

However, more embarrassing than names the length of a bus are the family's links to Nazi Germany.
The duke is Greek and some of his relatives sympathised with the Nazis; others joined them.

One brother-in-law, Prince Christoph of Hesse, was a member of the SS and flew fighters that attacked allied troops in Italy. In fact, so many of Philip's relatives had Nazi links that when he married Princess Elizabeth he was severely limited on the guests he could invite.

Like most of the British aristocracy in the 1930s, George VI and his wife, the late Queen Mother, hoped to avoid war with Germany. The king sent birthday greetings to Hitler weeks before Germany invaded Poland.

More notoriously, his brother, the former King Edward VIII, who became the Duke of Windsor after abdicating in 1936, was sympathetic towards Hitler. Even in 1970 he told one interviewer: "I never thought Hitler was such a bad chap."

The duke and his wife, Wallis Simpson, had visited Germany in 1937 and were taken to meet the Führer. When they left, Hitler said of Simpson: "She would have made a good Queen."

Suspicions lingered that if Hitler had successfully invaded Britain, he might have tried to make the duke king again. Confidential files released in 2003 revealed that Nazi officials thought the duke was "no enemy to Germany" and would be the "logical director of England's destiny after the war".

Last year files released from the national archives revealed how a former head of British naval intelligence thought the duke's return was a real possibility. The British admiral, who had attended Hitler's 1937 Nuremberg rally, featured in an MI5 report as having said that Hitler "would soon be in this country, but that there was no reason to worry about it because he would bring the Duke of Windsor over as king".

Other royals also had links to the Nazis. Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, the father of Princess Michael of Kent, was a party member and an honorary member of the SS. And the brother of Princess Alice, a great-aunt to the Queen, was a Nazi who said that Hitler had done a "wonderful job".

The idea of a royal or elite class that believes they are entitled to rule over the people is an abomination and contradicts the very idea of individual freedom. Queen Elizabeth’s husband Prince Phillip who holds the ridiculous title of Duke of Edinburgh is heavily involved in implementing the plan for a New World Order that we see before us today. He has been linked with the Bilderberg group, has advocated widespread population reduction and helped start the World Wildlife Fund with former Nazi SS Officer Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands. The House of Windsor also has other historical ties to supporting Nazi Germany, most notably dealing with King Edward VIII’s abdication of the British throne.

King Edward VIII was actually forced to abdicate the British throne in 1938, due to his support for Hitler and the Nazis. The House of Windsor through a devious propaganda campaign said that King Edward VIII was an aberration. This was a lie as the British monarchy combined with London bankers helped fund Adolf Hitler and built up the Nazi war machine. The British monarchy wanted to build up Hitler to fight Russia in an effort to consolidate power.

It was also revealed that following his abdication, King Edward VIII had been in close collaboration with the Nazis in Spain and Portugal to create a British revolution, overthrow the Churchill government and regain the throne from his brother King George VI. This was reported in the Washington Post and London Observer in the mid 1990s.

King Edward VIII’s abdication eventually allowed Queen Elizabeth II to ascend to the throne in 1952. Five years before, she married her second cousin Prince Phillip who had siblings with numerous ties to Nazis. Prince Phillip was actually trained in the Hilter Youth and his brothers-in-law became high profile members of the Nazi party. His belief in Nazi ideology is clear when one looks at what he has said on the subject of overpopulation.

So stay on your knees subject.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

It does not go me. When I saw the Windsor Knot 'thing" today, my heart went cold. Still, the Jews cannot push on with these vendettas, it is screwing up the Middle East and their ability to negotiate a two state solution. In fact, it has, obviously made things worse.

There are Swiss banks filled with the jewelry and gold fillings of my Jewish ancestors. We must stay with that quietly and prosecute. But more importantly, we must broker peace or there is no security for Jews or frankly anybody else and it will bring some economic ruin.

Its over...WWII is over. Bringing to justice is one thing, continuing the rant is another. If Jews stay with this, they will ruin the future of their children.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

More fallacy from you. I am not Jewish first of all. Secondly, now that I have provided you with factual information that YOU can look up for yourself in the National Archives, you say we must move on from these things, and forget history. Typical revisionist. You think these things have just stopped? Why is it that 4 times the Queen herself has suspended Parliament?

Do you understand what the Crown Temple is, and what it is involved with today on Earth? You have no idea, because you have never taken the time to investigate any of these things. You think the World is a peach, and these events are nothing but pomp without any real consequences. Are you aware that the wedding was on the 66th Anniversary of Hitlers wedding?

Its just doesnt matter to a subject does it?

Bow low at the knee, and put the smile on, with the stiff upper lip.

Please, the Worship is disgusting.
edit on 29-4-2011 by HermitShip because: hitlers wedding

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

What the hell do avatars got to do with anything that I've mentioned in this thread ?

I barely mentioned an interest in ancient history and suddenly I've clamed to be an archeologist and an anthropologist ? Where did you get this overactive imagination filled with so much Phantasm ?
edit on 29-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

An interesting account, cheers for the history lesson

Now, to fully appreciate that however, most of europe had no big issue with hitler in the mid 30s, and like all royals or other types of government officals, the mixing and sholder rubbing amongst nations was commonplace.

Hitler -did- have some good ideas overall, but a incredibly horrible way to implement ideas to actions...whereas the subject of say, eugenics, is a good topic to discuss rationally, you can take any subject and apply the most horrific methods possible..and thats when things ultimately went from fair to bombs being dropped..but its not like England was right from the get-go opposing hitler
Ask your typical American about WW2 and you would think we (over here) were against him from the get-go...nothing could be further from the truth.

I won't go much into the history lesson, as you are probably far more versed than I am off the cuff, however, the idea is that just because some pre-war and even early war sholder rubbing was going on does not mean suddenly it makes em all evil...

As far as a monarchy goes..well, I view it as any other outdated form of government...zero power, zero influence, and simply a symbol of culture. I would love it if Rome had an emperor for symbols only (thats my enjoyment of ancient history)..

The royal family has no power, they are simply a tourist attraction and a symbol not of the bloodline, but of how england became the strong kickass nation on a small island at the edge of the western world. Like a old sword that was once relevant now sitting in a museum.

But honestly...do you believe that the royals at this point have even a scrap of actual power beyond hosting some nice cocktail partys and giving the odd speech? They abdicated their entire power base to parliment long ago and are simply the royals in regards of religious and cultural heritage

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I haven't anything to say in regards to conspiracies, just a comment and a well wish of a happy life together. I am an Australian and would consider myself a republican. My desire to be a republican is out of wanting to live a country that is independent in name and constitution and also not wanting Charles to be my King. I have a lot of respect for our present Queen and would rather see the line of succession by-pass Charles and handed to William. I have always felt this regardless of the hype around the wedding. William seems to have many aspects of character coming from his late mother. The recent hype has also shown the newly wedded couple to be more in touch with the modern world.
Watching the procession to the abbey makes you feel proud of being part of the Commonwealth, but also sad that Australia doesn't have the depth of history, tradition or pomp? I watched with my wife and daughter who has been looking forward to watching Kate become a princess (duchess) for the last few weeks (really a 4 yr old's fairy tale come true). I wish the couple all the best, I would like to see this marriage work as I felt the love and not something pre-arranged. Considering the couple have been together for a number of years and have also lived the quiet life (as much as you can being 3rd in line to the throne) I feel that is a recipe for success. After all I lived with my wife for 5 years before we married and I feel that this was a good opportunity to get to know each other and build a relationship.
To the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge I wish you a long and happy life together.
P.S. - Could some one please explain to me how these titles are created e.g Prince of Wale, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke of Cambridge etc

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes, I do think they have real power. Look at the land the Royals own for one. And when the English Parliament acted in a way that was not inline with the Royals, the Queen herself suspended Parliament. She has also suspended Parliament in Australia and Canada. www.upi.com...

I would look up the others, but Im getting ready for bed now.

I ask you though, how can a Person suspend anything if they are only there for show? It doesnt work that way in a supposed Democracy. You can find the other examples of this in Australia and England I trust.

And then; like I said, the "crown temple" in London. It is a liaison between the Rothschild Family and the Windsor Family, that have their hands into the IMF, World Bank, etc. They in reality control the United States from this location in London.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Some ufo footage from the day (sorry if its been posted already, in a bit of rush no time to search)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yes, I remembered hearing about the canadian government suspension while they awated the budget or something right after I posted that (timing). That seems like it needs to be amended and the royals take their proper place in todays society...aka, a tourist trap and symbol only.

Of course, such a movement would have to come from within the UK...perhaps the new king/queen will take that final step and remove all power beyond "suggestions" and other trivial things, and only allowed power should parliament cede power to them for specific reasons only (aka, alien invasion, gunpowder becomes useless and the moors are invading, space/time rips apart, etc..basically highly unlikely events)

So, whats the chances of that then...probably not very likely, but meh, never know.

Was still a pretty service, and can you honestly say that seeing the multitudes of joyful people didn't put at least a smile on your face for a brief second? is it truely about them and their history, or a moment of happiness and unity?

at least your not saying they are reptiles

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Well I thought the whole thing was absolutely amazing. The pagentry was stunning and the couple looked completely at ease and very much in love.

Everything about the spectical was just right. Couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable or memorable day.

Emotions were extremely high and not a dry eye in the house.

Yes it was. (watched some highlights).

What's newsworthy doesn't have to be doom and gloom. Beautiful moments are also worthy and appreciated.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I once swear an oath to the Queen.
I had no choice if I wanted to join the army.
Waste of money and time. In Canada we are nearing the end of a federal election. Still the media coverage is full of this throw back. It's the 21st Century.
Down with the Monarchy.

Hell, keep them. I'm all for freedom of expression and I believe in democracy. If enough people in Great Britian wanted them gone, they'd have had their representatives throw them out on the bums. What do I know? Maybe Royal Family is the only thing England has left. They sold lots of merchandise. I wonder how much of that was made in China.

The British Conservatives want to end the welfare state and are forcing through tough cuts and firing civil servants. Meanwhile the support the largest family on the welfare system. The Royal Family. The Royal Family are welfare bums.

I have not wanted to see any of the coverage. But since I am a news junkie, I've seen way too much. Although there is one picture I absolutely love. It's the kiss. I love the little flower girl that's pouting and is not having a good time at that particular moment. That's me. That's me everytime something on this wedding flashes across my screen. What was the deal with that purple hat? Come on. Really? Really?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I thought it was a great moment.

There is so much hate and aggression towards things/people in the media and society today. It was a nice breather.....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I loved Harry's look, just as Kate walked through the door to the Navie(?) and he turned around and looked down the isle then turned to William. What do you think he said.." Good going mate, she's a stunner". He is right she is beautiful.
edit on 29/4/11 by ozzieman because: removal of java script icon

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I dont own a TV, nor do I watch tripe that my forefathers would have destroyed. I have no love for any royal. Moments of happiness do not come to me by vicariously watching anything. I am made happy by real things in life, not a stage, a movie, a play, which is all of what this is. It has no bearing in itself to me; a wedding of strangers that is.

This is a British thing, it always has been. I am not British. Its not my thing. The only reason the rest of the World is caught up in it, is the same reason why People will fork out 10 bucks to watch a sucky movie.

Because they wish their lives "were like that". The princess dreams of disillusions that have been sold to little girls since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Its all an illusion.

Princess Diana; in her own words, said that she was afraid that Charles was going to kill her in a car wreck.

Why would I fawn over a Family or circumstance of such People.

I dont own a TV. I am not brainwashed by the damn thing. The only reason I have of commenting is because it disgusts me so.

I hate this Family. All of them. Like William once said ''I want to come back as a virus and kill most of the population''?

Why would I fawn over false love. He is not loving. He is in line with the depopulation movement. And of course it wont be his Family that goes either. Only the pleebs, the serfs.

However, I see that this situation is the same situation in England when the commoners revolted, and came to America.

You had the same People defending the crown. Same loyalist saying the same thing about "the family".

And then you had People like me that wanted them dead for their crimes, their murders, the tyranny.

Hell, in those days in order to even get a job, you had to get on your knees and beg them for permission.

Yeah, real lovely People. They have not changed a bit, just look at what they are doing in England, and have done the World over.

But in order for anyone to know this, People must bring People like you the information on a silver platter. Makes sense that People who are still loyal to the Crown would have the same attitude as their masters.

They cant even wipe their own butts, but have People do it for them. Yes, in modern day they have had to admit that they still use "the groom of the stool". A person that wipes their so royal assess for them.

These People are selfish. Lazy. Worthless. Spoiled. Entitled. They offer nothing to the World, but take everything for themselves. They are non functioning Humans, and just one look at them will tell you they are a shell.

They dont know love, as most People dont today. Americans only know the "love" that has been indoctrinated into them from childhood by soap operas, and side show freaks, newspapers, tv, and society.

So, all this drama over a wedding of People that are personal strangers to everyone that acts as if they have known them their entire lives in ridiculous.

When are we going to move on? Have we not evolved? Why do we still have these side show freaks of monarchies in the 21st Century?

Why is this such an issue when all we face today is continually surrounding and engulfing us, with no care in sight?

Why does it matter? Because People in the Western World have the luxury 'still' for it to matter. We have the luxury of inanity, and trivialness.

But that is going to change very soon, and soon enough these side shows will become a thing of the past, and a disgusting memory when faced with the dirt.

I cant wait until Society wakes up to real reality.
edit on 29-4-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I just assumed when William saluted and Kate put her down that it was out of respect?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've never hated the filthy rich more than I do right now !

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hope they die in a fire.

Seriously, I thought the West hate the monarchy. Or maybe the elites still want that system and are trying to make representative democracies as close to a monarchy as possible.

Remember what Mao did? He smashed all traces of the old order.

It appears that there are people who prefer that system.
edit on 4/29/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

The West sits in their bubble of intellect and theory with no empirical knowledge of how the World really works. Their response to what is going on in the World today is proof of that.

Yes, many still love it, and many hate it. Is History going to repeat itself? Of course.

Love the Carlin quote by the way.(RIP)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

clASSy. She was picking up her train, get your mind out of the gutter.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I thought it was beautiful and LOVED her dress.

P.S. they are not cousins.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join