It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The third eye and magnetic fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I stuck a high powered magnet to my head and it sticks right where my third eye is, I can stick it to other parts of my forehead but the field is not as strong. When I flip the magnet around it falls right off, that is unless I flip it around and stick it to the back of my neck, but even then it falls off because the field is to weak.

Anyone else tried this or care to try? The magnets I am using are high powered, about a centimeter in diameter, they are available for a few bucks at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Interesting. Is it sticking to your third eye or the magnetite in your brain?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Be careful with magnets on the third eye or anywhere near your head. Especially high powered magnets. Magnets have poles, a north and south. The south pole is dangerous to the third eye, but the north pole of the magnet can be beneficial there. You may want to read about the experiments in magnets conducted by Davis & Rawles. They did "exotic" experiments with magnets. By exotic I mean fringe science experiments in the areas of potential psychic enhancement using the north pole of a magnet over the third eye.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

I was afraid someone would say that.

I don't know.
edit on 29-4-2011 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eneri

I felt a slight tug, but it didn't feel like it was doing any damage and when I reverse the poles it just falls off. I did this to prove to my girlfriend that it was not just grease on my head, it stuck it hers too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Eneri

Now that I think about it, I do have a slight head ache after trying it again now. Maybe I am just tired, but not sure how to tell which pole is which if it is not marked?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
youre not a vietnam vet are ya ? with a plate in your head?!
pretty interesting tho
how can it be possible?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

No. I wasn't alive during vietnam. Haven't had any surgery to my head. Had a cat scan once on '___' though. Wonder how that turned out.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by questcequecest

No. I wasn't alive during vietnam. Haven't had any surgery to my head. Had a cat scan once on '___' though. Wonder how that turned out.

THAT sounds like an interesting story. Do tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

It's a long story but I'm going to bed and I will have to tell you later. I can tell you though that is true paranoia. I kept thinking it was reading my mind the whole time. Oh the things that were going through my mind.

Meanwhile I was in a big tube with a red laser scanning my head and my body, never got to see the results but that was years ago so I assume that I can tell the story because of the statute of limitations has been met.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

strange indead, Ive done the same thing bought a couple to test around with I had stuck one to my temple lobe as a joke and it stuck on. I thought at first it could be sweat or pressure but Ive verified by drying my head and allow the magnet to hold on by itself. I can walk with them on my temples lobes no prob even when i go alittle more above the eye it increases the hold. Ive stuck it on other family members in the same spot and nothing but a friend says he can feel a slight pull but other then that nothing. Ive had stiches before but that was about between my parietal lobe and my frontal lobe at the top but other then that nothing. I wouldnt mind having an MRI scan of my head and seeing the results.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've been fooling around with magnets for years for medical reasons. Personal experience has shown they help with joint [arthritis] pain and might ease a toothache some but will not cure a bad tooth. Research shows people have used magnets for attempting to heal almost anything including cancer. Scientific research on results varies. Usually your supposed to use the north pole of the magnet [the side or end that a regular compass needle point to when near the magnet] next to your body. Others say otherwise and some magnets are dual poled [have both poles on one side of the magnet].
Meantime I've never had a magnet of any strength, and I have used some powerful magnets, stick to any part of my body. I am into studying the UFO field and am wondering do you think maybe there is an implant placed in your head? OR, and I say again only half seriously, might you really be an alien robot?!? [NOTE: I have nothing against alien robots, peace]

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello,

I too am able to stick magnets to certain areas of my body. I realised this a couple of months ago now, but I am unsure whether this has always been the case or is a recent development. Through my own 'playing' around with this phenomena I realised it isn't just my head but appears to be my bones - I wonder whether the OP has realised this themselves? Collar bones would be a good place to start, and knuckles/finger bones seem to have an attraction to (albeit in my case slightly weaker).

The attraction does indeed seem to be stronger around the supposed ‘Third eye’ area, but then it is equally strong if not stronger at the bridge of the nose – leading me to wonder whether the noticeable increase in attraction around this area is more closely related to the magnetite housed in my sinuses than it is to anything else. As I say in my case the attraction is not limited to my head.

At the risk of seeming like some kind of crank I approached a small number of friends with an odd request, something along the lines of – “Hey, erm, try and stick magnet this to your head…..”. Some it fell right off, others it stuck. It seems then that whatever this is it is not affecting everyone at present.

I would have thought there would be some literature on this if it was not a recent development, so that has obviously led me to question what has changed recently.

I wonder whether the dramatic shift of the Earth’s magnetic poles of late is somehow affecting our physiology?

I urge everyone reading to try this themselves, if you find that the magnets stick then hopefully it will spike your interest and you can begin contributing to a theory of what the f##k is going on.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just tried it, and for the most part nothing.
However if I place it over my third I think I feel some pulling, but I am not sure if it is due to contact with my skin or not. In any case the magnet doesn't hold.

As for how you tell which end is north there are two methods.
1. Tie the magnet to a string, and dangle it. The magnet should turn to face the north or south pole of the earth. The end of the magnet that faces south is the north end.
2. You will need a compass (A cheap one because this process can destroy the magnetic field within the compass thus making it useless as a navigational tool afterwards.) If the compasses north needle is attracted to the magnet you have found the south end. If the south needle is attracted to the magnet you have found the north end.
(I would look around to make sure though. Its been a while since I've taken a physics course, but I am pretty sure the north pole of earth is the magnet north of the earths magnetic field.)

I can't understand why there would be a noticeable magnetic attraction.

I am reading about some experiments conducted where they stuck the north pole of a magnet to someones third eye. Over time they began hallucinating, seeing ghosts and visiting a place of fantasy.
I would cite the source but I am a bit tired right now. A simple google of "Magnets and third eye" should bring them up.

One explanation I can see, is the penial gland is often thought to be the third eye.
The brain and the nervous system use electrical pulses. And the penial gland controls the production of malatonin which is responsible for our sleep.
It is very possible that the magnet could cause the penial gland to be over active and thus cause a person to enter a dream like state even though they are awake.
Just speculation on my part and I haven't fully read the studies to show what their theory was.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What tips would you give to a beginner.

new topics

top topics

join