It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk NFL draft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Day 1 of the 2011 NFL draft is in the books and i gotta admit after pick number 10 things turned completely opposite of what i expected! Poor redskins still dont have a QB,cardinals passed on Gabbert and so did the titans(complete shocker)who opted for jake locker instead,Gabbert was picked up by jaguars though,im sure a couple teams are upset about that given that the jags have a very solid QB in david garrard...Rounds 2-7 still to come and i'd like to hear some suggestions/possibilites for the next draft rounds and reviews and thoughts about round 1!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Mark Ingram falls to the Pats at 28 and im thanking lucky stars, and then Bill Belichick hands him to the Saints on a silver platter...im still at a loss for words...of course, i felt this way last year when Belichick passed on Dez Bryant for Devin McCourty and that turned out well...im a bit less optimistic this year...for the first time in my life, i believe Bill Belichick is a jackass...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Man i was pretty shocked too!!They shouldve gone ingram or ayers at OLB.they real couldve used ingram though,i think danny woodhead is a little oo small,although he was pretty productive.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Mark Ingram falls to the Pats at 28 and im thanking lucky stars, and then Bill Belichick hands him to the Saints on a silver platter.

he is always doing that. did he opt for more draft picks in the later rounds??

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So Locker went to the Titans I guess Vince is really on his way out. I had hopped he could have stayed since jeff left.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

yup.He has 3 second round picks for tomorrow and a few extra late round picks..Patriots have let some great ones get away,i think clay mathews is the most notable..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mental Maze

whats clays brothers name?? he plays for oregon??? I have watched and he is good just like his brother.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I dont see much difference between locker and young,both are read option QBs and super athletic but questionable passers..I think in a division shared with peyton manning matt schaub and david garrard that the titans wouldve prefered a proven passer like gabbert.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Theres alot of things I would like to call you right now.

They ryme with tard

Goto a SPORTS website for crap like this.

Look around who tf cares?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Casey matthews and hes very good,he'll be a late round steal for sure

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by futureh
Theres alot of things I would like to call you right now.

They ryme with tard

Goto a SPORTS website for crap like this.

Look around who tf cares?

Boo this man. Boo him like like he is the Yankees and you are at Fenway...Sports are a welcome distraction from the madness of this world...And Belichick, forgoing Ingram to get the saints' second rounder and first rounder next year? how high is that gonna be, its the damn saints!? may as well have been a trade for two second rounders, one of them late...and we could have had Ingram...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by futureh

you've been a member since 2005 and this is one of your 22 posts?!? really choose them well, huh?

edit on 4/29/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

im actually more shocked that Da'qwan bowers and andy dalton didnt go in the first round,panthers chose cam newton #1 overall and if they take bowers with their first pick tomorow carolina could be a totally different team next year! haha yea i think bill should have gone with ingram,just because he picked up brady in round six doesnt mean he'll be so lucky with future late picks..brady was a one-in-a-million draft steal.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mental Maze

if panthers want him, they are going to have to trade with the pats, who have their pick...its a lock that BB trades that pick for some more, but somebody is going to want a QB more, im afraid...i just know BB is going to kill it in that trade for sure

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

wow youre right i didnt know NE had that pick,i think theres a 100% chance that BB gets bowers,no chance that he'll pass on him

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
HAHA i also noticed that when DT nick fairley from auburn was chosen by detroit he looked really unhappy.looks like reigning rookie of the year nadamukong suh has a new partner to beef up that D-Line,i dont know why he seemed so unhappy though,maybe he expected to go in the top 10?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
HAHA i also noticed that when DT nick fairley from auburn was chosen by detroit he looked really unhappy.looks like reigning rookie of the year nadamukong suh has a new partner to beef up that D-Line,i dont know why he seemed so unhappy though,maybe he expected to go in the top 10?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
no way Belichick takes Bowers, would bet the ranch on it...and Detroit is going to be a force to reckon with...Fairley, Suh, Vanden Bosch, holy crap, first winning season in years coming up...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Have you read the news about reggie bush??Guess he knows hes out of a job with the saints cause of ingram!Hes tweeted good bye to NO i guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join