It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones Spray, Track the Unwilling in Air Force Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

It will NOT wash off.
It eventually absorbs into the skin.

Hey boon, do you have a source that will back that up?

Not trying to call you out or anything.

I'm just curious about this stuff after reading about it in Popular Science last year. This is the first I've heard of it since. I'm guessing it's already operational if they are contracting out a delivery system.

Scary.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Here is the TTL SBIR - Proposal, maybe its in there?

www.dodsbir.net...

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for Topic AF112C-117

These special instructions apply only to topic AF112C-117, “Advanced Non-Contact Inspection for Rapid Measurement of Machined Structures”, and are in addition to the regular instructions listed at the beginning of the AF section of the solicitation.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for Topic AF112C-176

These special instructions apply only to Air Force Topic AF112C-176, "High Temperature Electro-Magnetic Actuators”, and are in addition to the regular instructions listed at the beginning of the AF section of the solicitation

edit on 29-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
ugh, that's pretty bad, thanks for the heads up.

I was just watching lateline before and they were interviewing the guy from the Transcendent Man documentary. He was making all these predictions for the future, explaining how this tech evolves exponentially not linearly & mentioned chips as small as blood cells that can augment our immune system or be introduced to the brain to broadcast our thoughts on the internet & experience virtual reality directy along with computerised organs for those who could afford them.

It seems that alot of his ideas are here already...

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

I was just watching lateline before and they were interviewing the guy from the Transcendent Man documentary. He was making all these predictions for the future, explaining how this tech evolves exponentially not linearly & mentioned chips as small as blood cells that can augment our immune system or be introduced to the brain to broadcast our thoughts on the internet & experience virtual reality directy along with computerised organs for those who could afford them.

I think there is a smart grid to go along with all that...if I remember correctly?

ETA Found it - Enter HP Lab’s Central Nervous System for Earth (CeNSE), a plan to send out a trillion sensors around the globe

This smart dust is a joint venture of HP and Shell...

While I am intriqued to the max about both, I am still mostly in the dark about how Shell is involved...
and wonder if its oil, or some other technology...???

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If their talking about it publicly, they have something better secretly.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
fit a predator with a harpoon gun and 300 feet of 200lb fishing line....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I think there is a smart grid to go along with all that...if I remember correctly?

ETA Found it - Enter HP Lab’s Central Nervous System for Earth (CeNSE), a plan to send out a trillion sensors around the globe

This smart dust is a joint venture of HP and Shell...

While I am intriqued to the max about both, I am still mostly in the dark about how Shell is involved...
and wonder if its oil, or some other technology...???

I would venture to say that Shell is interested in injecting this stuff into pockets of oil to precisely determine the size and shape of the pocket so as to determine the best way of getting at it. Now if only they could make smart dust that actually makes these people smarter, then we'd have no oil spills.

If I were to "somehow" get tracking dust on me, I would simply build a Faraday Cage. Better yet, a Faraday Suit with copper strands woven in to form an enclosure. As uncomfortable as that sounds, it may be the only way to defeat such a threat, should such a threat present itself.

Time to get some patents made before TSHTF!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I imagine there will be, if not already is a market for those suits your describing...
and a fair black market for them also...

Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. Graphic by John Blanchard. Used with permission.
www.nanotech-now.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am so disgusted with our government and the globalists I don't even bother to watch the news.

The world used to make no sense and everyone one around me commented on that fact.

Now I've studied, the world makes perfect sense, and I don't like anything I see.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Indeed, perception is part if this too.

Reading a paper that is property of the U.S. Government....

Additionally, the Department of Defense must examine laws of armed conflict and other
regulations regarding the monitoring of individuals to determine Smart Dust’s potential impact
on them, especially in the wake of human rights concerns at Abu Grahib. Furthermore, since the
acceptance of privacy-reducing technology depends on the public’s perception of its benefit, the
US government should measure public reaction to these technologies, especially
nanotechnology, through sponsored every five years to redirect research and public
educational efforts.
www.au.af.mil...

Never mind the health risks...the real ethics of it all....

To them its all about perception...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think the dust they would use to track a person would be a radioactive element made to have a certian frequency they could track. Smart dust is another thing. I bet they have a marking dust with thousands of frequencies, but they will never tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

By now this is years old...

Actual photo of a (archaic) SPEC MEM...

The first successful test of Spec -> COTS motes was performed yesterday with communication at 902.4 MHz to the a Dust Inc. mote using a CC1000 radio from Chipcon. Spec was able to communicate 40 + feet indoors (through walls) at 19200 Kbps with a frequency separation of 180 Khz.

The C code controlling radio configuration and data transmission was compiled and downloaded into the chip over the SPI interface and executed. The chip only required five external components, 1) 4 Mhz oscillator (to be removed in future designs) 2) a 15 nH inductor, 3) a 32 Khz crystal, 4) a power source, 5) Antenna.

The 5 mm2 of silicon costs approximately $0.30 to manufacture in quantities. The inductor $.01, crystal $.15, and battery, $.16, round out rest of the potential future node cost.
The future is coming….

www.jlhlabs.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
KEWL
We can add to that all the radioactive crap falling on us from Fukushima that the EPS isn't tracking

:shk:

PHASE TWO

Yawl remember the Hunter Seeker hovering darts in Dune?

Well it's not like DARPA would even consider something like that...

AeroVironment flapping-wing nano-UAV

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I guess we should be thankful that its not "Drones Track and Stab" the unwilling...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This is actually quite old news as far as technology goes.

I remember reading about the concept of this back in the 80's and 90's.

That it is now a reality, is of course, the "news" to this lethality.

Michael Crichton even wrote a fiction story about it in 2008.

Prey

Publishers Weekly : Amazon Review :

The concept of nanotechnology can be traced back to a 1959 speech given by physicist Richard Feynman, in which he offered to pay $1,000 to "the first guy who makes an operating electric motor... which is only 1/64-inch cube."

Today the quest is to make machines that would be about 1,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair. Enter Jack Forman, a recently unemployed writer of predator/prey software, whose nearly absentee wife, Julia, is a bigwig at a tech firm called Xymos.

When a car accident hospitalizes Julia, Xymos hires Jack to deal with problems at their desert nanotechnology plant.

The techies at this plant have developed nanomachines, smaller than dust specks, which are programmed with Jack's predator/prey software.

Not only is a swarm of those nanomachines loose and multiplying, but they appear to be carnivorous.

The desert swarms are the least of Jack's worries, however, as the crew inside the plant are not entirely what they seem.

Like Jurassic Park, this "it could happen" morality tale is gripping from the start, and Wilson's first-person reading as Jack sets the pace.

His confident, flinty voice and his no-nonsense delivery makes this a solid presentation of a high-speed techno-thriller.

Crichton gives the audio an air of sobering authenticity by reading its cautionary foreword himself.

Yet another version of this nasty stuff is called grey goo.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Grey Goo

Grey goo (alternatively spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves, a scenario known as ecophagy ("eating the environment").

Self-replicating machines of the macroscopic variety were originally described by mathematician John von Neumann, and are sometimes referred to as von Neumann machines.

The term grey goo was coined by nanotechnology pioneer Eric Drexler in his 1986 book Engines of Creation, stating that "we cannot afford certain types of accidents."

In 2004 he stated "I wish I had never used the term 'grey goo'."

This is one of the many reasons I tell conspiracy theorists not to use illegal or violent actions.

Those illegal and violent actoin give rise to budgetary uses of technology just like this stuff.

Through this organizations like the Pentagon and D.A.R.P.A. can point to a need to suppress public dissent.

What we as a combined community need is to form a non-profit and policy think-tank.

To dismantle projects just like this because after it is use overseas through foreign policy, it will be turn inwards, towards national uses, through domestic policy, upon our own people, due to the limited thinking of both those in the Pentagon with the will to use programs like Mutually Assured Destruction, and as well those with limited intelligence here within the conspiracy theory community who believe organizations like Wikileaks and people like Julian Assange will benefit us.

In neither case is this true by any many it only gives Government a means to point out a need for more funding.

Especially in the online world of cybercrime and intellectual property rights.

New Public Service Announcement Launched To Raise Intellectual Property Theft Awareness

We will not win unless we unite and do it as a means to enforce the people's rights.

Immigration Policy and Procedural Memoranda

And set aside our childishness.

Virtual Global Taskforce : The Expanding Mission Directives of the War on Terror

As well as our own egos.

A Torpedo of Truth : Is Charlie Sheen Being Prepped For Puppet Dictatorship or A Nutcase?

Especially with people like Charlie Sheen horning in tandem with idiots like Alex Jones.
edit on 4/29/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
First of all I hate needles so that flying dart is nightmare material just looking at it. I just wanted to mention something my mother mentioned the other day when we were talking about the DARPA perfect soldier drug research & basically she said we're so advanced with technology its becoming unimaginable yet our thinking & maturity to deal with such things is almost going backwards. It might seem obvious but I totally agree with her; and it goes back to what I hear people around here say all the time - we need a shift in consciousness more than anything else.

Re: those suits, black markets, future monitoring...its all the perfect setup for an excellent sci fi story...

When we think about how machines/robots can be superior to us in almost every way and the idea that they in the future could always opt out of whatever role we put them in & self replicate & if so desire wipe us out completely; one of the few advantages we have is emotional intelligence & dare I say spirituality.

perhaps in the future emotional & spiritual aptitude will be more important than ever before...
edit on 29/4/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

SKL,

I think your onto a very important aspect of this advancing technology, as I posted just above you,
the MIC does rely heavily upon acceptance and public opinion with programs such as this.

Acceptance, and cooperation are two peas in a pod, I say we give them neither.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

The problem with not giving them acceptance is they track the sales.

I thought about this a long time ago when it comes to certain elements.

People track the box office sales of movies, New York Times best seller list, and other information.

What if this is a means to not only track income and success of movies and books?

But a way to track acceptance and or the effect of the psychological impact?

What better way to track a psyop and have deniability?

The hiding it right in plain sight where everyone will know about it but they will also influence it.

Due to word of mouth in talking about the movies, books, and whatnot.

Then also through spreading the gossip factor through word of mouth it insures a degree of success.

"Uncle Chuck said this movie rocked, I cannot wait to see it, I'll probably go with Tiffany."

This is why I do not allow any group or single person to influence my decisions ever.

I was taught to never allow lemmings running off a cliff to influence my decision making porcess.

And as well how to stop the herd migration of lemmings through intelligent means of using my words.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

When we think about how machines/robots can be superior to us in almost every way and the idea that they in the future could always opt out of whatever role we put them in & self replicate & if so desire wipe us out completely; one of the few advantages we have is emotional intelligence & dare I say spirituality.

perhaps in the future emotional & spiritual aptitude will be more important than ever before...

Thanks, B Morrison for this very excellent post...and your insight is
to the heart of the matter, of the essence.

In the end they can do whatever they can to our bodies...but they can not "take" our souls.

We either fight to keep them, and our beliefs, or we surrender.

Let us not surrender!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

thanks for the reply & I'm glad my post made sense.

In thinking about the 'human element' vs. an increasingly robotic form both physiologically & psychologically I can't for see many advantages a fragile sentient flesh-bag would have other than being aware of when they're being lied to and the like but I do see one major advantage in the more immediate future.

Emotional & spiritual strength & depth of understanding are major advantages when trying to be creative & when trying to communicate. If people with those attributes took to authoring enough stories & pushed the envelope far enough then the shift in consciousness could be brought about. How many people today have been influenced by Harry potter? what about Star wars, Terminator, Lord of the rings or the Matrix...or dare I say Avatar?

Would it be fair to say that the people most influenced by films & other things like this are also at most risk of being moulded into a citizen of a future that you or I wouldn't want to live in?

one virtually devoid of love & creativity but filled with the cactus like drug riddled computerised husk's of what we used to call people?

More than that would these also be the people that would one day become the apathetic brain washed authoritative persons sitting comfortably with x-box controller in hand casually using it to spy on their neighbours with invisible clusters of nano-drones for 9 hrs a day for their sweet new 'work-from-home' job with the district security office....?

If that is the case....

Maybe it would be a fantastic thing if some of the people who still remember what those at risk have forgotten could write the next box office chart buster of an influential story which would plant the seeds that would one day grow to change the future into something more appealing.

Just a thought

Peace,
-B.M
edit on 30/4/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join