It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Kenya : I am so proud to come back home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is ridiculous...

I am an American citizen but I consider Kenya my home. I was born in Kenya while my mother and father were serving in the navy overseas. Because I was born on a aircraft carrier I got an American citizenship, but Kenya had a lot of influence on me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good to see that you consider yourself a standard for the rest of humanity.

*Sarcasm*

edit on 29-4-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
reply to post by centurion1211

Excuse me, but are you saying that my argument failed because you happened to feel differently on a certain occasion?
Are you also saying that we are all obliged to feel the same way you do, otherwise we make no sense?

Yes, because your post attempted to create a false generalization and equivalency using a hypothetical instance to explain what obama said in Kenya the way you wanted to see it.

I countered your statement with a real experience to show that your made up example is false.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
This is ridiculous...

I am an American citizen but I consider Kenya my home. I was born in Kenya while my mother and father were serving in the navy overseas. Because I was born on a aircraft carrier I got an American citizenship, but Kenya had a lot of influence on me.

Just curious ...

Do you feel that your experiences would make you a better president of the U.S. or Kenya?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

How should I know? I will see If I get there.

Although, I do believe my experience of life has produced a healthy and sane individual.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by atone98
I call where I live in Michigan home, was not born here was born in NY, which I do not consider home. So it can happen... jeeze people, will this ever end?

So, using your example ...

Obama would or should then consider the U.S. home and not Kenya (or Indonesia).

Makes sense.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Can you say reaching?

Go outside, take a walk, ride a bike, enjoy the weather, ANYTHING other than starting these ridiculous threads. I do not support Obama, did not vote for him, but I refuse to get hung up on something as ignorant as this.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Ali3nAlly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Why does it even matter? Every human is different and we are almost never going to agree with each other completely.

As Bertrand Russel virtually said,

If our species are going to survive we have to accept the fact that there are always going to be people on this planet that say things you or I might not like.

Can you really not accept a human being appreciating his families ties to a country?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

at least i dont have an identity crisis

i know who i am and where i am from and where my allegiance lays.

i am an American first second and last.

that place where i live where i was raised and that place that has given me so much.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ali3nAlly
Can you say reaching?

Go outside, take a walk, ride a bike, enjoy the weather, ANYTHING other than starting these ridiculous threads. I do not support Obama, did not vote for him, but I refuse to get hung up on something as ignorant as this.

Yet you choose to contribute.

Back on topic, I come from Irish stock, yet I have never considered Ireland as home, despite the fact that I have visited the family village on many occasions.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by Ali3nAlly
Can you say reaching?

Yet you choose to contribute.

Back on topic, I come from Irish stock, yet I have never considered Ireland as home, despite the fact that I have visited the family village on many occasions.

Of course I do. It is extremely hard to ignore such paranoid and delusional posts. Similar to a car wreck, it is just hard to look away. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Listen, guys, I know its a big deal. Its against the law! Its total crap, it really is, but reel yourself in a little and realize this:

The last administration killed thousands of Americans and nothing was ever done about it. Do you really truly expect results over something as silly as where the current president was born?

I honestly don't think anything will ever come of this, and I'm going to focus my efforts and attention to something else. The damage is done.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I bet he says that when he goes to Chicago, too. As well as when he goes to Hawaii and he'd probably say it if he visited Indonesia, as well. He is a man of the world. Not a Nationalist.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
But really, there's much more important topics right now than this... like Bernanke destroying the US dollar.

Yeah, right. That's why you started this thread. To talk about something "important".
Uh-huh. Right. You just wanted to take advantage of all the flags and stars that are flying around on this subject.

edit on 4/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree. I did not "want" to see it like this, I don't even really care about the subject, since I am not from the US. However, I wanted to show people reading this thread that there may be other explanations about his statement, and one should consider them first, before jumping into what could (I say could and not is) unfair conclusions. That's all. Oh, by the way, he was in Kenya like what, three years ago? Did it dawn on you just now that what he said is offensive to you? In those three years you didn't even mind he said that, why all the fuss now?

Oh, and my exaple was not false, but I can assume why you would think that.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
Oh, by the way, he was in Kenya like what, three years ago? Did it dawn on you just now that what he said is offensive to you? In those three years you didn't even mind he said that, why all the fuss now?

Actually, this video is from 2006.
It's just now bothering people because he's running for president and the bugs are coming out of the woodwork.

Senator Obama gets Hero's welcome in Kenya
edit on 4/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, this explains a lot... But trying to find gold where there isn't any never really helped anyone in the long run. Focusing on important issues would be much more helpful

edit on 29-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That sign is a photoshop job.

Here's the original:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Why can't I just eat my waffle?"
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
This horse is so dead it's beginning to smell.
So, by all means, keep on beating it.

On one hand I totally get where you're coming from, but on the other...that's EXACTLY what this criminal element wants people to start saying/feeling unfortunately. Also although many of us here on ATS are aware and realize that this might be as you say beating a dead horse...there are many out there still hopelessly asleep and put more value/concentration on crap like say a royal wedding and are oblivious to the atrocities and abuse of office that continue to occurs on a daily basis. So for that reason and that reason alone I say PLEASE CONTINUE TO BEAT THIS HORSE. Beat it until enough people have had enough and become ready to do something about getting our country back to where it belongs....to the PEOPLE! So keep 'em coming! What else do we got on this thug?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join