It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Kenya : I am so proud to come back home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well well well.

Anyone wants to debunk this? And don't try to say the audio has been edited.

Of course Obama saying this could just be to make the crowd love him... since his father was born there.

But... should the US president call Kenya his home?

Kenya : Birthplace of Barack Obama

And Michelle Obama saying it :

And about Obama's birth certificate being tampered with.

But really, there's much more important topics right now than this... like Bernanke destroying the US dollar.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
oh geez quick hide those videos the birthers have new ammunition

indeed we do have more important issues to be discussing such as the feds rape of america.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Meh....

who cares anymore?

this world is so messed up..

I'm just glad i have a job for now..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I call Florida Home, but that doesn’t mean I was born here.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yikes... Good find on the vids...

This is really a mess, I hope it gets figured out soon
edit on 28-4-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Kenya is part of his ethnic heritage, he feels a part of it, just like many people who live in America and stay connected to their roots i.e. Irish American, Italian American etc. It wouldn't be unusual for them to use a similar phrase if they went to Italy or Ireland for the first time.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

as i hail from ireland and my family been over here for over 250 years

while i know where i come from i have always considered myself only to be just an american.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Οk, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your father was from, lets say, Mexico, and you visited his hometown for the very first time wouldn't you feel it like home? In the sense of finding your roots and family you didn't know till then? Where and why is that weird>? Don't you think you're being a bit melodramatic and reading too much into things?

And why on Earth does this deserve another brand new thread about Obama??? Have you even noticed ATS Recent Posts first page? It's like Obama this, Obama that, like this is the most important topic in the world, and noone else dares to talk about anything else. I mean, COME ON!!! Oh, by the way, his politics is a much more important issue to make a thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It feels good to disprove all the people who hated on the birthers anyone who didn't question Obamas birth had their head in the sand IMO.

Move along sheeple nothing to see here

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Of course Obama saying this could just be to make the crowd love him... since his father was born there. But... should the US president call Kenya his home?

It is these kinds of thoughtless remarks, that induce a lack of trust and unwillingness to believe in, anything this used car salesman is saying.

edit on 29-4-2011 by gatewaywithin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
Meh....

who cares anymore?

this world is so messed up..

I'm just glad i have a job for now..

Who cares is right. Really, who gives a crap? The vast majority of problems in this country and in this world have nothing to do with Obama. He's been anything but a radical President. Just seems pointless to me to keep up these conspiracy theories about him as if it even matters or has had any impact on what he's done as POTUS thus far.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This horse is so dead it's beginning to smell.
So, by all means, keep on beating it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72

If your father was from, lets say, Mexico, and you visited his hometown for the very first time wouldn't you feel it like home?

Well, my father was born in another town on the other side of the U.S. and when I finally got to visit there for the first time it felt ...

Well, foreign and strange to me.

And there is no way I would have told any of the residents I met there that I was glad to be "home". I would have referred to it as my father's hometown, but never as my own.

your argument = FAIL.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And the Obama supporters using the race card wil appear in 5,4,3,2,.......
Doesnt matter what he or his wife say or do, some idiots will support him and try and explain away everything, no matter what.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Excuse me, but are you saying that my argument failed because you happened to feel differently on a certain occasion?
Are you also saying that we are all obliged to feel the same way you do, otherwise we make no sense?
Because when I visited my father's town I felt at home, I was surrounded by people I had never met before, but
knew they were family. And yes, it was not the same, and not quite so familiar, but it was still home.
My argument stands perfectly strong.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The whole birther issue is a distraction, can people not see it?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As a person who believes although Obama WAS born in Hawaii, the long form is an obvious Photoshopped fake--complete with multiple layers, I have to say that this is no big deal.

I went to England a few years ago and toured the Tower of London. The Beefeater guiding our tour asked how many people in the crowd were from Australia? How many from India? How many from Canada? How many from the States. As he asked, nationals of each country yelled out. Then he said,

"Welcome home."

I thought it was a nice touch, myself. That's where 90% of me came from--starting in 1623. If you believe the charts, I can trace my ancestry back to a sidekick of William the Conqueror. (So can several million other people, I hasten to ad.) It's just like Alex Haley in "Roots." For Obama to say this seems perfectly reasonable to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I call where I live in Michigan home, was not born here was born in NY, which I do not consider home. So it can happen... jeeze people, will this ever end?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
America=Home
America=Home

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by atone98
I call where I live in Michigan home, was not born here was born in NY, which I do not consider home. So it can happen... jeeze people, will this ever end?

So do you live in Michigan now? Or does one of your parents come from there? I don't understand what you are trying to say? If you now live there then that's understandable. If one of your parents come from there and you may have visited once in a while, then why would you call it home?

Obama doesn't come from Kenya, yet still refers to it as home.

Of all the things relating to the BC though, I don't think this is such a BIG deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join