It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Thousands of Earthlings on The Moon Right Now.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by Benchkey
reply to post by Dr Expired

There is no dark side to the moon. The far side receives as much light as the side we see.

Everything is relative, so for accuracy sake , there is no permanent far side of the moon, just as there is no permanent dark side of the Moon.
The term dark I believe refers to the fact that one side of the moon is never seen by those on Earth.

Since when does the moon rotate? There IS a 'permanent' far side. Muppet.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Recently man made bio-spheres have made the news, they may be also used on the Moon.

There has never been a successful sealed biosphere on earth although it's been tried more than once. They've all ended in one failure or another that ended in a required evacuation. It's simply not possible that there could be one on the moon, we haven't perfected the technology enough to create a remote biosphere.

Thanks for at least staying on topic and not hijacking the thread, I would have thought others would know they can start another thread to espouse their own excellent theories.....its called respect folks.

Biospheres may be prone to failure so it is said anyway, but the fact they work for even a short time suggests they can be repaired and made to work again, just ask Xbox ownwers.

I have read that some scientists believe the moon may have ahuge cavity beneath its surface so the colony as I have stated before could also be based underground , with biospheres used mainly for food production, and terraforming.

The basic premise of this thread was to discuss the real possibility that there have been other manned moon landings since the last offical one decades ago.

I was hoping by posting in the Space Exploration section, that this could be argued and discussed with maturity and earnestness

But thanks to those who did just that , to the rest I look forward to visiying your own threads.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Wait so it's missing people that you find to be impossible?

You are aware that tens of thousands of people disappear without a trace EVERY YEAR in the US ALONE right?

Many of them with families and friends and ties to the community... Lots of them without even a note or email saying why they left. It is often said by people that champion the cause of finding our hundreds of thousands of missing friends family and relatives that being missing is like being in the biggest club in the world that no one wants to be in.

Of all the things that should make someone wonder that should NOT be one of them. Honestly I don't know what to believe about the idea of secret moonbases etc...

I do KNOW that civilian space exploration is being hampered by bureaucratic nonsense and obstructionist policies. From what I have been able to gather though this is more due to the fact that a robust civilian space infrastructure would advance technology extraordinarily rapidly in ways that no amount of bribes or threats could keep from entering the marketplace. On top of this there is the MASSIVE amounts of resources that would be available within 30 years of a civilian space race.... (I'm being EXTREMELY conservative with my 30 year estimate for large amounts of "payoffs" to start hitting the general marketplace.)

So between technologies that would make the resources we ALREADY have here on earth last much much longer (send corporations to space and they'll figure out how to reuse retask and recycle every MICROGRAM of what they boost into orbit as many times as possible. Think about what sort of technologies could come of that sort of NEED based innovation) In addition to the potentially GIANT advancements we would make in those fields as well as hundreds of others... you have things like the asteroid belt. Which contain minerals in concentrations and purities that are enough to make any miner drool just thinking about anchoring a tug ship to them and swinging them back in towards earth.

This is why I believe space is being kept from us... because once we get into space without government supervision the SCARCITY PARADIGM will die within a decade or two. Scarcity and compound interest are both IMAGINARY concepts that those in power use to keep us poor and them RICH. I see so many people on this site who want to do something ANYTHING to fight what they see happening to this world.... but they don't know WHAT TO DO.

FOlks I am here to tell you that VIOLENCE is not the answer. First off every dollar you spend on bullets make the people you want to take out of power RICHER. The same people that control the world of high finance control the arms industries. What YOU PERSONALLY can do to help break the grasp of those that rule through hate fear and poverty is find a way to make things more PLENTIFUL. If we can break our fellow man of this notion that some resources are so SCARCE that some MUST GO WITHOUT so others may live well..... We will be halfway to winning.

Build things that make your family, your neighborhood, your city, or your county even more self sufficient. Build things that build other things in your basement! With the technologies and materials already available today there is NO real reason why big companies should still be monopolizing manufacturing.

Anything that makes your region slightly less dependent on outside resources like power water food or spare parts is a nail in the coffin of those that want to control you from afar. Humans only CONSENT to be governed to a level that (THEY FEEL) gives them a better standard of living than they would have without it. If you can destroy that complexity and the long supply lines that require massive corporations and multiple federal agencies to manage without Destroying peoples SENSE OF SECURITY you will WIN.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darius2025

Originally posted by Benchkey

There is no dark side to the moon. The far side receives as much light as the side we see.

Everything is relative, so for accuracy sake , there is no permanent far side of the moon, just as there is no permanent dark side of the Moon.
The term dark I believe refers to the fact that one side of the moon is never seen by those on Earth.

Since when does the moon rotate? There IS a 'permanent' far side. Muppet.

I have been called worse things than a Muppet so thanks you have made me warm inside, read my post again I said everything is relative, you may believe the moon doesnt rotate as I have said everything is relative, I believe it does.
Mupppets on the Moon I like it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

OK folks...

1 - There is a permanent far side of the moon when viewed from the earth.

2 - That is because the moon does rotate on its axis but does so just once for each trip around the earth so the same side always faces us.

3 - And finally; there actually is a "Dark Side of the Moon". It is an album by Pink Floyd. - LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I too believe there is a new world on the Dark Side of the Moo, its master is a wizard known only as Meat-Loaf. He reins a world inhabited by departed Kennedy;s and Rock Icons, they worship an old warhead and pray to an image of Charlton Heston. The cruel reality is that only those that finish second in American Idol, or serve as Vice President are allowed to travel there,
edit on 29-4-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

OK folks...

2 - That is because the moon does rotate on its axis but does so just once for each trip around the earth so the same side always faces us.

3 - And finally; there actually is a "Dark Side of the Moon". It is an album by Pink Floyd. - LOL

Thanks for clarifying not sure you are totally correct , but neither Iam sure you aren't, there is disagreement in the Scientific community.
There is sas you say an Album by Pink Floyd "Dark side of the Moon".
There is also an unoffical album by pink Floyd "Dark side of the Moo" just goes to show the Moon could be really a cow.

No one who hasnt been there can know .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You could be wrong?

Hey, there could be moonlings on earth? There could be Martians on Venus, there might be aliens in Uranus.

(well I thought it was funny)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

OK folks...

Correct.

Correct again.

Whoah! Dude! Did you know that if you play the album while watching The Wizard of Oz...?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes, I think so. They also have special programs for humans there aside from their work force.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i think there could be thousand on the moon...some links for your reading..if you dare

Dr. Joseph Resnick, Dr. Timothy R. O'Neill and Guy Cramer (ROC-Resnick/O'Neill/Cramer team) who have acquired the mineral rights for 95% of the side of the moon that faces Earth, the polar regions and 50% of the far side of the moon.

ahhh..gunna put thier kids thru college ?!
www.specintel.com...
same guys own the mineral rights to mars as well
www.specintel.com...

i guess take it for what you want..
and a little tootin' my own horn..

a couple links iin the above link talking about lunar minerals that could be used for makeing things like, oxygen and building materials ect...didn't want to relink all that stuff..so read if you dare

i guess you know what i think....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hello ATS, iv been reading these forums for a while now but have never posted, however the lack of understanding in this thread has prompted me to finally post here.

1: Earthling: an earthling is basically any creature (animal, insect, plant) that originated from earth. so currently all forms of life known to man are earthlings. This will also never change, even a human living on mars is still an earthling because our species evolved on earth. only a creature that originated on mars would be considered a Martian. (same concept applies to the moon, a moonling can only be a creature that naturally evolved on the moon (unlikely))

2: Dark side of the moon: The moon is tidally locked to earth. In other words the moon does rotate just as every other object in space does. However being tidally locked means that the moon also orbits around the earth at the same rate that it spins on its axis, thus the same side of the moon is always facing earth. the Dark side of the moon simple refers to the side of the moon we can never see from earth. The moon has days and nights just like earth (albeit days measured in weeks rather then hours)

3: Secret base on the moon: simply put, no way. not with our current level of technology. sure the moon is a vast heaven of raw materials. but these materials must be accessed first (which requires large mining equipment) and then these materials must be refined in order to be usable. so before we can use the moons resources we have to have a self sustaining base as well as all the facilities required to properly access and machine the raw materials before we can continue to expand a base there with out having to be resupplied by earth. A monumental undertaking beyond our current capabilities. Why?

First as i said we have to get there. just look at how long it has taken them to build the ISS (international Space Station) and it is still incomplete. a self sustaining base on the moon would have to be even larger yet then the ISS. And also think it is ten times easier to build something in orbit around earth then to build something on the moon which is ten times farther then earth orbit. (remember we have to build the base first with earthly resources before the base could be supported entirely by the moon itself) If we can build a moon base, then building a space station would be insignificant in comparison.

Then we also have the radiation problem. Even in earth orbit we are still within earths magnetic field (which keeps the sun from killing us) once you leave earth orbit you need a lead wall several feet thick in order to protect you (never mind the "thin" hulls of our current space faring vehicles) or an extremely powerful magnetic shield. (artificially taking earths protective shield with you) we do not currently posses the technology to create a magnetic field powerful enough to shield us from the sun and be able to implement this tech into a space ship (shuttle, craft, what ever you wish) (this to me is also a good point as to why we never went to the moon in the first place, the astronauts came back alive and in perfect health, but thats another story)

4: The government has secret alien technology!: Naturally this one is a matter of opinion. however just for the sake of argument lats say its true. This means aliens are here and have been for centuries. This would also mean most of what we have heard about aliens is true as well. So the aliens would already be on the moon. (in order to observe humanity (also as a side note IF they are observing us it is purely out of curiosity and science, if they wanted our planet they would have taken it centuries ago))

It is highly unlikely they would allow man on the moon with technology that was stolen/taken from them. (UFO shoot down/crash landed and reversed engineered) If they did want us to have their technology they would have revealed them selves to the world so that all would know. Not secretly give it to a handful of individuals who have no intention of using it for the betterment of mankind.

So to sum up, the idea of us having a moon base while intriguing and fascinating in concept, is extremely Unlikely if not impossible (sorry for using the I word) in our current state of affairs, no matter how you look at it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
So how did we get thousands of people and tons of equipment to the moon with no one catching the thousands of rocket launches required to get it up there? Rocket launches are observable for hundreds of miles in all directions, and are tracked by various other governments (china, Russia, etc).

Hi,

I believe there have been quite a few rocket launches from around the globe. The missile/rocket which was launched off the California coast was strange and no-one admitted responsibility. There are quite a few good videos on youtube from all over the world showing what appears to be rockets flying off into space and re-entering orbit.

I'm not saying the OP is right but he may have point.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Have you come across the posts of ET_MAN and maggador on the ATS website? They're lengthy but quite illuminating.

People live on the moon in underground facilities and also on Mars.

Learn the real truth about our planet, humanity and the universe from their posts. Trust me, it will be worth your time.

hadituptohere

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I really don't know if there are humans on the Moon but, if you would like to extrapolate a little. Do a search for anti-gravity, june 1957 machanix illustrated. That should take you to an interview with the Chief Naval Operations Officer of White Sands Missile Base. In the interview he states that the U.S. has an anti-gravity disc, 2 foot in size that will do 300 mph.
That was 54 years ago... and from 1903 to 1945 humans went from motorized kites to jet power.
It kinda makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mast3rshake2049
Hello ATS, iv been reading these forums for a while now but have never posted, however the lack of understanding in this thread has prompted me to finally post here.

1: Earthling: an earthling is basically any creature (animal, insect, plant) that originated from earth. so currently all forms of life known to man are earthlings. This will also never change, even a human living on mars is still an earthling because our species evolved on earth. only a creature that originated on mars would be considered a Martian. (same concept applies to the moon, a moonling can only be a creature that naturally evolved on the moon (unlikely))

2: Dark side of the moon: The moon is tidally locked to earth. In other words the moon does rotate just as every other object in space does. However being tidally locked means that the moon also orbits around the earth at the same rate that it spins on its axis, thus the same side of the moon is always facing earth. the Dark side of the moon simple refers to the side of the moon we can never see from earth. The moon has days and nights just like earth (albeit days measured in weeks rather then hours)

3: Secret base on the moon: simply put, no way. not with our current level of technology. sure the moon is a vast heaven of raw materials. but these materials must be accessed first (which requires large mining equipment) and then these materials must be refined in order to be usable. so before we can use the moons resources we have to have a self sustaining base as well as all the facilities required to properly access and machine the raw materials before we can continue to expand a base there with out having to be resupplied by earth. A monumental undertaking beyond our current capabilities. Why?

First as i said we have to get there. just look at how long it has taken them to build the ISS (international Space Station) and it is still incomplete. a self sustaining base on the moon would have to be even larger yet then the ISS. And also think it is ten times easier to build something in orbit around earth then to build something on the moon which is ten times farther then earth orbit. (remember we have to build the base first with earthly resources before the base could be supported entirely by the moon itself) If we can build a moon base, then building a space station would be insignificant in comparison.

Then we also have the radiation problem. Even in earth orbit we are still within earths magnetic field (which keeps the sun from killing us) once you leave earth orbit you need a lead wall several feet thick in order to protect you (never mind the "thin" hulls of our current space faring vehicles) or an extremely powerful magnetic shield. (artificially taking earths protective shield with you) we do not currently posses the technology to create a magnetic field powerful enough to shield us from the sun and be able to implement this tech into a space ship (shuttle, craft, what ever you wish) (this to me is also a good point as to why we never went to the moon in the first place, the astronauts came back alive and in perfect health, but thats another story)

4: The government has secret alien technology!: Naturally this one is a matter of opinion. however just for the sake of argument lats say its true. This means aliens are here and have been for centuries. This would also mean most of what we have heard about aliens is true as well. So the aliens would already be on the moon. (in order to observe humanity (also as a side note IF they are observing us it is purely out of curiosity and science, if they wanted our planet they would have taken it centuries ago))

It is highly unlikely they would allow man on the moon with technology that was stolen/taken from them. (UFO shoot down/crash landed and reversed engineered) If they did want us to have their technology they would have revealed them selves to the world so that all would know. Not secretly give it to a handful of individuals who have no intention of using it for the betterment of mankind.

So to sum up, the idea of us having a moon base while intriguing and fascinating in concept, is extremely Unlikely if not impossible (sorry for using the I word) in our current state of affairs, no matter how you look at it.

Wow thanks for taking the time and thought to put this thread back on track, whilst I follow your logicto a point , I just want to ask you this.

Can you honestly say that things we were once told were impossible have not been proven possible by sheer hard work and single mindedness?

How many prior to D day said it was impossible to keep the invasion location secret from Hitler to disguise so much military hardware using props ect.

How many people said flight by man was impossible due to gravity, but some men tried it many crashed, but the impossible became possible.

And we are to believe there are no live Humans on the Moon?

Something doesnt add up.

Thats what I wanrt to get to the bottom of, why are we told there have been no manned landings on the Moon, since Apollo when it is clearly an absurd concept, and the cover up is earnest.

I believe it is probably common knowledge that there are moon bases, a Moon colony, but only amongst those sworn by oath to secrecy.

Ok some one might blab but that can be taken care of if needed.

I believe many people have had hunches on this, but the fashionable thing is to comment on the moon landing hoax debate.

A perfect diversionary tactic for those who entrusted to keep the lid on the Moon bases.

I thank the poster who has provided a link to others who before me have focussed on this concept.

I believe in collective subconcious that is where creative thought originates from, that is why we all ask If God Exists who made God, as children we do this unprompted.

Similarly we know deep down the Space Program is all about exploration by man , man putting down roots.

Perhaps the next superpower will be the Moon, that is perhaps the reason for the secrecy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To Dr Expired: I agree with you 100% about what you said about the impossible. which is why i felt the need to apologize after having said it

however there was something i heard comedian Eddie Izzard say which kind of caught me off guard "People say nothings impossible. some things ARE impossible. you cant eat the Himalayas. you'd be full after a few bites"

I was just saying that the possibilities of us currently having a moon base are so unlikely it is ALMOST impossible. however i guess it would be easier then eating the Himalayas

As for why we never went back, again thats a matter of opinion. but to me personally it makes sense if we never went there in the first place. I mean even now a days with all our technology it would be extremely difficult and costly to get there. never mind 40 years ago. The only reason they said they did (again this is just my opinion which makes sense to me) is so they could have something to rub in the soviet unions face. I think George Carlin sums up the frame of mind used for this deception quite well. (link below) The U.S. just wanted to be able to say, "ours is bigger then yours!" which makes perfect sense for the mentality we had in the sixties, heck even today. but as Dennis Miller would always close his show, thats just my opinion, i could be wrong.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-4-2011 by mast3rshake2049 because: To expand my logic

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The problem I have here is this thread is basically saying, "So, like, what if there are a bunch of people on the moon and stuff. And the ISS is involved and stuff. I mean, like, what if it's true?"

I guess you can loosely call this a theory, but based on what? No links, no evidence, just idle speculation. It used to be that these things were based on blurry pictures, questionable testimony, and inverted color photoshop jobs, but at least it was SOMETHING. The thread was getting flagged before it was even written. Why?

Oh well, it's still intelligent and well thought out compared to the birther threads, and light years beyond the no planers.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, don't know if it has been mentioned before, but it could make sense (OP). After all, they managed to get a picture of a Nazi base on there:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
no

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join