It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Banishes Reporter For Filming A Protest During Fundraiser (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
From The Drudge Report:

Video Here..........

White House officials have banished one of the best political reporters in the country from the approved pool of journalists covering presidential visits to the Bay Area for using now-standard multimedia tools to gather the news. The Chronicle's Carla Marinucci - who, like many contemporary reporters, has a phone with video capabilities on her at all times - pulled out a small video camera last week and shot some protesters interrupting an Obama fundraiser at the St. Regis Hotel. She was part of a "print pool" - a limited number of journalists at an event who represent their bigger hoard colleagues - which White House press officials still refer to quaintly as "pen and pad" reporting. But that's a pretty Flintstones concept of journalism for an administration that presents itself as the Jetsons. Video is every bit a part of any journalist's tool kit these days as a functioning pen that doesn't leak through your pocket. In fact, Carla and her reporting colleague, Joe Garofoli, founded something called "Shaky Hand Productions" - the semi-pro, sometimes vertiginous use of a Flip or phone camera by Hearst reporters to catch more impromptu or urgent moments during last year's California gubernatorial race that might otherwise be missed by TV. Read more: www.sfgate.com...

edit on 28-4-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 28-4-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Next time it happens the reporter will probably get beat down...Like some of the cop videos we've seen on here lately?

"Give me your camera!"

"Um...no?"

*Bam!* *Pow!* *Smack!*

Welcome, everyone, to the PSA (Police State of America). No freedom allowed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is what happens when you go against th state run media. The Peoples Republic of Amerika does not allow such things as freedom of the press.
for the OP

for the White House.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
Next time it happens the reporter will probably get beat down...Like some of the cop videos we've seen on here lately?

"Give me your camera!"

"Um...no?"

*Bam!* *Pow!* *Smack!*

Welcome, everyone, to the PSA (Police State of America). No freedom allowed.

Nailed It! Every time someone speaks out, I feel like they want to drop the beetlejuice zipper on their face!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Good for Obama, the more examples he sets like this the less likely he'll ever be exposed as a stooge of the New World Order.

Sorry, I read that off my teleprompter.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The world is becoming a streaming world with camcorders, surveillance cameras, iphones, flip, all capable of uploading directly to email, youtube, vimeo or other video hosting sites. All politicians, cops, authority figures, etc. should know that anyone can be videoing you in HD 1080p with a camers hidden in the most unlikely of places.
Privacy is a thing of the past.

www.brickhousesecurity.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

What are the protestors singing I couldn't hear it clearly.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Again, no one seems interested in the Obama administration punishing reporters for unfavorable coverage and trying to orchestrate the message given to the public. No one cared about Biden locking a reporter in a closet until all of his guests left, no one cared about the "transparency award" accepted in private. They'll care one day - I have a feeling it'll be too late though.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yea it's hard to make out.. I've heard now that is was about Bradley Manning and the whole "we paid our dues, where's our change"...

top topics

join